Random DIY mixing and More

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
My resistance to mixing has been a godsend for these ancient sfts of mine. I don't know how good a picture I'm getting given their age (almost a year old) and the fact that I'm not rewicking between flavors, but I've learned that I do indeed have trouble with strawberry (only INA Shisha Strawberry works for me).

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
Quick question...I have flavors from Wonder Flavours that elr is not putting the name, like it doesn’t recognize them. I also see SC super concentrate real small on the label. Is this the SC y’all were talking about? ELR did put these flavors under super concentrate but not wonder Flavours when I just typed it in. One and the same?

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
Quick question...I have flavors from Wonder Flavours that elr is not putting the name, like it doesn’t recognize them. I also see SC super concentrate real small on the label. Is this the SC y’all were talking about? ELR did put these flavors under super concentrate but not wonder Flavours when I just typed it in. One and the same?
Nevermind...I just figured out I need to type WF and not the entire name. :?:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Narrowing in on this Raspberry Yogurt recipe. I tested Iteration 4 today and already mixed Iteration 5. These are serving as brackets so the final recipe will be somewhere between the two. Tell you what, yogurt is not a strong flavor. Very inoffensive, however. I kind of like what it does to the raspberry. Sort of dulls it out in a good way. Fuller flavor but less sharp. Does that make sense? Like how Alan Simpson described the Powder River in Wyoming. "A mile wide but only an inch deep." haha.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Narrowing in on this Raspberry Yogurt recipe. I tested Iteration 4 today and already mixed Iteration 5. These are serving as brackets so the final recipe will be somewhere between the two. Tell you what, yogurt is not a strong flavor. Very inoffensive, however. I kind of like what it does to the raspberry. Sort of dulls it out in a good way. Fuller flavor but less sharp. Does that make sense? Like how Alan Simpson described the Powder River in Wyoming. "A mile wide but only an inch deep." haha.
Okay, guess now's a good time to ask, Bronze: What are your top 3 durable NET concoctions so far?

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
I’m done! Everything is in elr, each box has the brand labeled, and everything is put away on the bookshelf...including tons of extra bottles, syringes and needles, different twist caps, vg, and labeler. I had 175 flavors total since I had duplicates. I feel so much better and mixing will be so much easier. It won’t win beauty contests but what matters is what’s inside. :lol: And it’s functional. And free. :)

hkwwFAI.jpg

:rickroll:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Okay, guess now's a good time to ask, Bronze: What are your top 3 durable NET concoctions so far?
Well, nothing is close to my beloved Dragon's Fire. That's in a league of its own. But I'm working on the Apricot Dark Fire. It's pretty durable as is but I'm also working on variants. From there the Honduran Raspberry and Honduran Peach work well too. The durability, I believe, is highly impacted by the ratio of NET to fruit. Generally speaking, somebody like you and I would prefer higher NET:Fruit ratios compared to someone like Fran. Still holding out hope for a magical Chocolate NET. Working with Ty's Black Cavendish and also my own DIY NETs.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
It'll be fun! I got the scale, seems like it works great. Even said HELLO lol. Just waiting on 240ml squirt bottles.
You'll do what I did when I got my scale. You'll go around weighing everything in the house. Don't fight it. Just do it and get it out of your system.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Well, nothing is close to my beloved Dragon's Fire. That's in a league of its own. But I'm working on the Apricot Dark Fire. It's pretty durable as is but I'm also working on variants. From there the Honduran Raspberry and Honduran Peach work well too. The durability, I believe, is highly impacted by the ratio of NET to fruit. Generally speaking, somebody like you and I would prefer higher NET:Fruit ratios compared to someone like Fran. Still holding out hope for a magical Chocolate NET. Working with Ty's Black Cavendish and also my own DIY NETs.
True that. And given my inability to stick with anything at all, other than non-cased net, I may even up the NET portion and start with just traces of fruit. But I really would like to have a change of pace, so I think I'm ready to try.

I took snips of your Hoduran Peach & Berry mixes, but not the Apricot DF or Honduran Rasberry. What flavors/recipes have you settled with on these? I'm assuming you're using 8/3%, but what brand flavors?

I'd probably start with the Apricot DF, since I have the DF already. I also have Stixx Am. Virg, A+, Ligero, Sweet Brightleaf, but I don't think you're doing anything with those.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    What yogurt are you using.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I’m done! Everything is in elr, each box has the brand labeled, and everything is put away on the bookshelf...including tons of extra bottles, syringes and needles, different twist caps, vg, and labeler. I had 175 flavors total since I had duplicates. I feel so much better and mixing will be so much easier. It won’t win beauty contests but what matters is what’s inside. :lol: And it’s functional. And free. :)

hkwwFAI.jpg

:rickroll:
    Looks good to me:)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I went downstairs and got a little more inventory done on hardware and started a master list by bag number and tub number. While I was down there I grabbed the blackberry biscuit that I made using Frans strawberry biscuit recipe as a baseline and used three blackberry flavors I’ve been working on making a trinity from. So far I’m liking it pretty well.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    But I do like Dark Fire Solo.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I went downstairs and got a little more inventory done on hardware and started a master list by bag number and tub number. While I was down there I grabbed the blackberry biscuit that I made using Frans strawberry biscuit recipe as a baseline and used three blackberry flavors I’ve been working on making a trinity from. So far I’m liking it pretty well.
    Very cool. Glad you like it with blackberry too:)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    True that. And given my inability to stick with anything at all, other than non-cased net, I may even up the NET portion and start with just traces of fruit. But I really would like to have a change of pace, so I think I'm ready to try.

I took snips of your Hoduran Peach & Berry mixes, but not the Apricot DF or Honduran Rasberry. What flavors/recipes have you settled with on these? I'm assuming you're using 8/3%, but what brand flavors?

I'd probably start with the Apricot DF, since I have the DF already. I also have Stixx Am. Virg, A+, Ligero, Sweet Brightleaf, but I don't think you're doing anything with those.
    Bronze and I are both mixing fruits with the Ligero.

Users who are viewing this thread