Random DIY mixing and More

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Well I successfully bought nothing but everything else was a fail, I just sat around ineptly trying to do stuff for the most part, I did figure out why my hands hurt and it's one of my meds, yay! Well yay that I am probably not dying, etc., (maybe) but this med is the only one in its class that is even covered at the moment.

Still calling my pdoc at the crack of "open" tomorrow because he HAS to fix this. Somehow. Etc.

Anna

insurance is such a cluster in the US. It might be if the covered meds have been tried and failed others are covered (although not necessarily affordably covered).
My joint pain being caused by my biologic is one of my fears. I can deal with the pain but that means other things will start going wrong too if it is the cause.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Been vaping 5 years now but recently got a bottle of juice from my brother in 0mg nic. I want to make it 12mg in a 30ml quantity. I have bought 72mg nicotine. Am I right in saying if I extract 25mls of the liquid and add 5ml of the nicotine it’ll achieve the 12mg target? My nicotine is 100%VG and the liquid is 60VG/40PG.
Right you are correct.

:)

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Nic River order done and I do believe I am done picking up DIY stuff for a bit, unless it is to stock more nic. I ordered a bunch of Purilum flavors and a liter each of 100mg nic salt, VG, & PG. I've got plenty to get started. :thumbs:

Surprisingly, I still have space in my 1st nail polish case after adding my BCF order into it (organized by flavor type, then flavor name), so I haven't touched the 2nd case that I have. I definitely thought that I was going to need a 3rd... Whew! ;)

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I definitely need a third if I can't organize my drawer divider better. I actually should move several of my way too sweet flavors elsewhere. Hopefully in my other drawer where I can find them if needed. Maybe move the tons of strawberries I don't mix with much anymore.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I can't believe I mixed a Rhubarb Tea that's too sweet. I can see more testers coming right up.

Any idea on single tester % for INW Rhubard,FA Grapefruit and FLV Pink Guava??

Also FW Blood Orange

I blindly make testers based on brand now but it used to be a blanket 5%. If it tasted wrong I could cut it by 50% to taste it at 2.5%.
    I don't know those flavors

What do you use for VG%?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I blindly make testers based on brand now but it used to be a blanket 5%. If it tasted wrong I could cut it by 50% to taste it at 2.5%.
    I don't know those flavors

What do you use for VG%?
    About 30%VG

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Another (not covered) med is actually dirt cheap at Costco and I like it better, actually, but like, it gives me cystic acne and it's NOT EVEN vanity at this point, it HURTS. Etc.

Pdoc is going to be giving me another script for it at the crack of open plus ten minutes though, because it usually takes about a month to start happening by then I am mildly hopeful that I will have "real" insurance and see a derm.

Because... the hands also hurt and ALSO my dang KID commented "You are kind of off." LOL, I hate that there are now 3 adult males that get to say that (kid, husb and pdoc) without getting chewed out, (if I am stable) or punched (if I am not) because frankly, I love them too much, well two of them but I also NEED the pdoc and I do kind of love him a bit, after about a decade under his care.

He's retiring next year, I'm going to tell him he finds me someone good or I will be unstably suicidal for the 6 months approaching. LOL, I'm kidding. For the most part. LOL.

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Another (not covered) med is actually dirt cheap at Costco and I like it better, actually, but like, it gives me cystic acne and it's NOT EVEN vanity at this point, it HURTS. Etc.

Pdoc is going to be giving me another script for it at the crack of open plus ten minutes though, because it usually takes about a month to start happening by then I am mildly hopeful that I will have "real" insurance and see a derm.

Because... the hands also hurt and ALSO my dang KID commented "You are kind of off." LOL, I hate that there are now 3 adult males that get to say that (kid, husb and pdoc) without getting chewed out, (if I am stable) or punched (if I am not) because frankly, I love them too much, well two of them but I also NEED the pdoc and I do kind of love him a bit, after about a decade under his care.

He's retiring next year, I'm going to tell him he finds me someone good or I will be unstably suicidal for the 6 months approaching. LOL, I'm kidding. For the most part. LOL.

Anna
    Good luck,Anna. When do you start the new job?

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth

Anna
    I have found that I can get almost all my meds cheaper without insurance through either Blink Health or goodrx. I have one thats on the walmart 4 dollar list

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Not until the 22nd. This is both good and bad, but mostly good. Good, in the sense that I can try to wean myself off my little internet addiction thing here, and finish the stupid book (the husband shall be a house husband, at least until his neck surgery, and that will include submissions to agents, a boring lame task I would hate but the husband would be good at frankly.) It's Organization.

Bad (finances and anxiety) although I hope I get an Actual Accepted offer prior to the 22nd, that or some Xanex or something because.

Because yeah, I need to freaking Chill and also have SOME FUTURE date that I can prepare for stuff, and not also be seeking backup work planning and whatnot. Etc. I Hate job searching AND etc.

Also good in the sense I work better under someone ELSE's structure, not mine. Like, put me in school or in a Job and I will do great.

I would suggest the husband be my "structure" but I think we BOTH know where that would go....

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Not until the 22nd. This is both good and bad, but mostly good. Good, in the sense that I can try to wean myself off my little internet addiction thing here, and finish the stupid book (the husband shall be a house husband, at least until his neck surgery, and that will include submissions to agents, a boring lame task I would hate but the husband would be good at frankly.) It's Organization.

Bad (finances and anxiety) although I hope I get an Actual Accepted offer prior to the 22nd, that or some Xanex or something because.

Because yeah, I need to freaking Chill and also have SOME FUTURE date that I can prepare for stuff, and not also be seeking backup work planning and whatnot. Etc. I Hate job searching AND etc.

Also good in the sense I work better under someone ELSE's structure, not mine. Like, put me in school or in a Job and I will do great.

I would suggest the husband be my "structure" but I think we BOTH know where that would go....

Anna
    You'll be fine. You worry to much.

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    I have meds that are so expensive, I have to apply to patient assistance programs, but they're like orphan drugs and stuff.

GoodRX is helpful for some stuff, yes.

Anna
    My mom takes that anti stroke med (cant remember name). Its 378 a month after insurance. I sent an email to the company that makes it and they sent her a card. Its now $5.00. Worth trying

Users who are viewing this thread