Random DIY mixing and More

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I also have a creamy caramel hazelnut mix, which I am vaping the hell out of. It's very good!

Hazelnut FW has become a staple of mine. During that bull city sale I ordered a big bottle of it. If you like fruits I have found using it at or below .75% can make strawberry and banana flavors really come alive without any hint of hazelnut.

Edited to add: @dennism I am happy to hear you are finding DIY as enjoyable as I am. It's great to find something in our DIY journey that brings us satisfaction.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I sampled my "all the chocolates" mix. Glad I made it small.

Really, don't bother. LOL WHATEVER chocolates you have, um, don't make an "all the chocolates" mix, it's a bad plan. I suppose its a case of "too much of a good thing."

Entertaining though. Not vile enough that I couldn't use it as a chocolate "stone" I guess, if I were feeling bravery. I'm not feeling that. I am going to mix up a few of my favorite one shots I have run out of man. That's about it for mixing today.

Anna

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
Hazelnut FW has become a staple of mine. During that bull city sale I ordered a big bottle of it. If you like fruits I have found using it at or below .75% can make strawberry and banana flavors really come alive without any hint of hazelnut.

Edited to add: @dennism I am happy to hear you are finding DIY as enjoyable as I am. It's great to find something in our DIY journey that brings us satisfaction.
I have become a bit of a hazelnut freak.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good morning. Waking up before emailing my boss. I just realized I had an email from her that I was staying at my current location "due to my health, until this is finished. So.... IDK, I guess I could forward the email to her and like, HR, but IDK. I don't want to be too much of a squeaky wheel.

Our locations aren't really important if we are really doing telemedicine but UGH.
    Anna
    Working from home or from present location?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Morning, mixers.

On a lighter note (and we need one!)

1803657.jpg

And she would! :lol:

Reactions: dennism

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    That's what I've heard... between that and the recipe(s) posted, I want it more than ever now!
    My mother likes hazelnut in her coffee but doesn't like most "syrups" and has trouble with too much sugar so I ordered her a bottle of flavor concentrate (I think I will steal a bit just to try it before I order the FW)

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Really, don't bother. LOL WHATEVER chocolates you have, um, don't make an "all the chocolates" mix, it's a bad plan. I suppose its a case of "too much of a good thing."
    I would make some suggestions but have already been bashed for my advice about chocolates (and I do like darker than most people) Maybe you could "save" it by adding butter mint (if you haven't tossed it yet)

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Current location so I see all the grubby incubating under 5 cases. I was on my work computer so I checked the status, Cochise just identified its first case she was sent home to recover.

I actually prefer being where I am, it makes kinda the most sense, sorta really. For me anyway. No I will be doing telehealth coverage to remote locations on the days we are all off like, as they are scheduled. I will probably also cover my ACTUAL clinic remotely as I see well child patients where I am. I will be doing notes in my sleep, but like with Telehealth I can probably type SOME stuff as I am like, checking in. So, eh. But yeah, it's gonna be death, that's like 10 docs I will be covering.

Telehealth is fast though? So, whatever whatever whatever. As long as I don't have to drive around to OHTER clinics OMG. But, I misunderstood apparently. THANK GOD.

Anna

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    This is the variation I use.
    Creamy Caramel Hazelnut (this was not created by me)
    Butterscotch Ripple FW 2.5%-- this adds the caramel component
    Cookie Dough FLV 1.25%
    Hazelnut FW 2%
    VBIC TFA 2%
    Vanilla Swirl 2%

If missing the ingredients between both the one above and @dennism 's variations, you can probably come up with a combination of the three above using flavors you do have.
    I found the recipe somewhere. I subbed the flavors to which ever brand I had.
    Creamy Caramel Hazelnut:
    Butterscotch Ripple-fw-2.5%
    Biscuit-jf-1.25%
    Hazelnut-fw-2%
    VBIC-cap-2%(vanilla bean ice cream)
    Vanilla Swirl-tfa-2%

For my personal taste I like this one just as much or maybe a bit more.
    Hazelnut Cream:
    Butterscotch Ripple-fw-2%
    Hazelnut-fw-4%
    VBIC-cap-4%
    Fresh Cream-fa-1.5%
    The original recipe called for .5% of sweetener, I left it out of my mix.

I don’t have butterscotch ripple either. :facepalm: That’s it...I’m making my large flavor order today.

I thought I would have to get out “there” to get my son’s medicine but they gave me a Wednesday pickup day. Whew! But I need to get some things for Mom at the store that day. I told her to make a good list a couple of weeks ago and she did and I bought a ton of stuff but I don’t think she realized what I meant which was groceries for a long time isolation. My plan was to not go anywhere for at least two weeks. Bless her heart. She gets it now.

I’m headed to mix right now. I have no idea what to mix but I’m going for it. Probably my version of the creamy one and the butterscotch/caramel one.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Good Morning Random Mixers!

I made an order with BCF for about 21 flavors, a gallon each of VG and PG from LNW and some coils from Vape Source. Have to make new mixes now! :D
    What flavors did you order? I’m making an order this evening.

I’m cooking so much more that we are sheltering in place. I like it a lot but on a normal working week I typically don’t cook this much. That means a lot of dishes. And probably weight gain. Today is roasted veggies with balsamic vinegar, chicken, brown rice, peas, and mac and cheese. Smells so good in here...:drool:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Also GOOD GOD our Medical Director just had freaking meltdown. 10 patients a day on the schedule for all by Friday, or like, the entire pedes department is getting furloughed. I am so glad I work with some early adopters who are going to let me see their patients remotely AND I am reasonably decent at this type of technology.

The only annoying thing is my stupid computer has audio but no microphone (but I just discovered it can get turned on with IT permission. Yup, they are that controlling. I called the IT on call number and it just rang and rang.) This is all sort of annoying indeed. I will probably if need be be scheduling some of my OWN patients for f.u if I want to, like a list of prime psych offenders I have handled and do a check in session for emotional stress, which is a perfectly billable diagnosis but we shall see.

Very soon here I shall bathe and take Tylenol and clean up my "area" as too much coffee has been spilled. Then yoga, seriously it is TIME. I THINK. So like in an hour I may start to move, but right now I am just all floppy and distressed.

I really wish/hope pedes gets it together I mean I suppose they will but however... GAH. Anyway we are all getting trained so can ask those questions. It's more a matter of like I guess, instilling a sense of PANIC in the staff as if we were not stressed ENOUGH I mean I cannot MAKE a pediatric provider KEEP an appointment I depend on THEM oh well we'll see man.

I had NO clue our center was functioning with so little of a prudent reserve I mean-- REALLY!

Oy, tired out want to smoke OF COURSE I want to but I really won't. I hope Tylenol works for my back! I know my tens unit for an hour, then daytime meds, then off about my busy day.

I'm not going to Walmart I can't face it out there. Husband is doing YARDWORK of all things. That would not be at the top of my list, but like,, maybe he finds the normalcy soothing. I guess.

I am not finding anything normal so Tylenol, bathe in Epsom salts and tens unit it is. Ya'lll stuck with my blather for ONE other hour.

Sorry about that.

I just lit my Virgin of Guadalupe Candle. It was time,

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Also GOOD GOD our Medical Director just had freaking meltdown. 10 patients a day on the schedule for all by Friday, or like, the entire pedes department is getting furloughed. I am so glad I work with some early adopters who are going to let me see their patients remotely AND I am reasonably decent at this type of technology.

The only annoying thing is my stupid computer has audio but no microphone (but I just discovered it can get turned on with IT permission. Yup, they are that controlling. I called the IT on call number and it just rang and rang.) This is all sort of annoying indeed. I will probably if need be be scheduling some of my OWN patients for f.u if I want to, like a list of prime psych offenders I have handled and do a check in session for emotional stress, which is a perfectly billable diagnosis but we shall see.

Very soon here I shall bathe and take Tylenol and clean up my "area" as too much coffee has been spilled. Then yoga, seriously it is TIME. I THINK. So like in an hour I may start to move, but right now I am just all floppy and distressed.

I really wish/hope pedes gets it together I mean I suppose they will but however... GAH. Anyway we are all getting trained so can ask those questions. It's more a matter of like I guess, instilling a sense of PANIC in the staff as if we were not stressed ENOUGH I mean I cannot MAKE a pediatric provider KEEP an appointment I depend on THEM oh well we'll see man.

I had NO clue our center was functioning with so little of a prudent reserve I mean-- REALLY!

Oy, tired out want to smoke OF COURSE I want to but I really won't. I hope Tylenol works for my back! I know my tens unit for an hour, then daytime meds, then off about my busy day.

I'm not going to Walmart I can't face it out there. Husband is doing YARDWORK of all things. That would not be at the top of my list, but like,, maybe he finds the normalcy soothing. I guess.

I am not finding anything normal so Tylenol, bathe in Epsom salts and tens unit it is. Ya'lll stuck with my blather for ONE other hour.

Sorry about that.

I just lit my Virgin of Guadalupe Candle. It was time,

Anna
    Yes, it should be time for you to just relax for a change.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    We cook at home all the time... last night did the opposite... picked up burgers, fries and root beer (they had a package deal... take out only no inside dining allowed in CA)
    I cook, just not three meals a day since I only see my son in the evenings. I’m stuffed...that was so good and we have leftovers. Each of us are picky...I try to stay away from meat, and he won’t eat my preferences. So I have to cook odd things to please both of us. Wish I had fixed my vapes and mixed prior to eating. A good vape after a good meal is the bomb. That’s next. If I can peel myself off the couch.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I made a post on FB about the parents taking our TP from the dorm and a neighborhood lady that brings her dog over sometimes to play with ours called and offered to give us some TP. She said she forgot she had a bulk pack in her sub basement and had bought a second one a few weeks ago. Anyway we should be set now until my amazon order comes.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Gah. The more I relax, the more exhausted and stressed out I FEEL! I kinda wish I had made my gigantor (well it wasn't SO expensive but it did contain an amount of Ricolas, which, like, I don't exactly want to say, heh) Amazon order BEFORE I read like that email. I swear, life is so precarious! I have never felt quite like this before! And my worries are ALL Financial they seriously are. I want to keep working, I know it's needed but the pressure is off the charts for me, I'm not kidding when I say if it all goes wrong, the husband and I will be more or less homeless, and squatting in the shell of our ruined Tucson house.

OMG just thinking about it makes me want to steal and RV and leave for a while, leave all of it peacefully behind, because SERIOUSLY squatting in that Tucson shell well, um, I think it might be worse than death, or prison.
    Anna

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    It's been raining the past couple days here pretty hard, the ground is oversaturated. Was planning on tilling for a vegetable garden, have to put it off until the dirts dries out some. Clay soil is a pain to till when it's soaked.

I've been on a menthol kick the past two weeks, every juice I've mixed lately has gotten 2% added to it. Thinking of mixing a passionfruit/dragonfuit combo, maybe with a little strawberry, still in the contemplation phase.

The kids (nieces/nephews) are getting attitudes from being off school and stuck in the house, so I'm keeping my distance lol.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I made a post on FB about the parents taking our TP from the dorm and a neighborhood lady that brings her dog over sometimes to play with ours called and offered to give us some TP. She said she forgot she had a bulk pack in her sub basement and had bought a second one a few weeks ago. Anyway we should be set now until my amazon order comes.
    Nice neighbor:thumbs:

Users who are viewing this thread