Random DIY mixing and More

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Banana Cream-TFA, Bavarian Cream-FW, Biscuit Concentrate-INW, Biscuit-CSL, Blackberry-SC, Blackcurrant-FA, Blueberry (Extra)-TFA, Breakfast Cereal-FA, Cafe Coffee-FW, Cafe Latte-VT, Cappuccino-FA, Cereal 27-Cap, Cheesecake (Graham Crust)-TFA, Cookie-FA, Cookies & Cream-VT, Cowboy Blend-FA, DX Frosted Donut-TFA, French Vanilla-Cap, Harvest Berry-Cap, Juicy Peach-TFA, RY4-FA.

TFA Banana Cream gave me the first juice I really liked when I started mixing. Used it on its own. There aren't many TFA flavors you can do that with. Haven't used it for a long time, just checked and I have most of a large bottle on the shelf. I might mix some up today for nostalgia.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, mixers.

Rainy day in the PNW, and it seems with all the lockdowns, we need to keep a sharp eye on our critters...

1807947.gif

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I started making a new recipe a while ago with TFA Orange Cream and some sweet cream and vanilla. I added that and Gingerbread to my regular flavors. I sometimes randomly tinker with recipes but those are my first new ones in years. Yesterday I added some FA Orange to the Orange Cream. Just 2% but it really fired up the orange flavor. I might reduce it 1% next time, that stuff is strong.

I've tried citrus recipes before but never made one I liked. I think I was using too much citrus flavor. The TFA Orange Cream is quite mild on the orange side.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I started making a new recipe a while ago with TFA Orange Cream and some sweet cream and vanilla. I added that and Gingerbread to my regular flavors. I sometimes randomly tinker with recipes but those are my first new ones in years. Yesterday I added some FA Orange to the Orange Cream. Just 2% but it really fired up the orange flavor. I might reduce it 1% next time, that stuff is strong.

I've tried citrus recipes before but never made one I liked. I think I was using too much citrus flavor. The TFA Orange Cream is quite mild on the orange side.

I tried for a while to come up with an orange recipe that I really liked but put it on the back burner after a while. To me, orange is one of those illusive flavors that's hard to get right.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Slow connection today for work. Driving me batty. Some overachiever-wanna-be-somebody at work called a zoom meeting. At 3 pm! I wasn't invited initially but since my bosses have no clue...they invited me to join. Why don't people just enjoy working from home and we'll all get together next week? This topic can wait.

I still didn't order my flavors.

If I retire, or work from home on a regular basis, I'll end up 500 pounds and insane. o_O OK OK more insane. :lol:

Since last week was a blur, and I know none of my coworkers are working, I've decided this week is going to be different. Oh I'll work (already saved $2K this morning), but I'm also going to do chores more than last week. My house is a wreck with both of us home.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    My boss came in to see me this morning and said that he had heard some people saying that they thought he wasn't taking the virus seriously. He wanted to assure me that he is and also told me that we are considered an essential business because we supply other essential businesses. I told him that I already knew that and was glad to be at work instead of home not getting a paycheck. The people thinking he should send us home are also the ones that think he should go ahead and give us full pay while off work. That's just not going to happen. If I was him, I would tell everyone that I understand that some are more afraid than others and anyone that wants to take off without pay can.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My boss came in to see me this morning and said that he had heard some people saying that they thought he wasn't taking the virus seriously. He wanted to assure me that he is and also told me that we are considered an essential business because we supply other essential businesses. I told him that I already knew that and was glad to be at work instead of home not getting a paycheck. The people thinking he should send us home are also the ones that think he should go ahead and give us full pay while off work. That's just not going to happen. If I was him, I would tell everyone that I understand that some are more afraid than others and anyone that wants to take off without pay can.
    Maybe you should suggest that to your boss.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I tried for a while to come up with an orange recipe that I really liked but put it on the back burner after a while. To me, orange is one of those illusive flavors that's hard to get right.
    I haven't tried one but want to mix some with chocolate (like those orange filled dark chocolates) I might actually mix a "realistic" orange with a "candy" one for that.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I put a few drops of Hazelnut in my tank (with cheesecake, graham and berries) Very interesting... sort of mellowed out the cheesecake, brought out the graham more but now It needs more berries to balance things out. The flavor I used was for foods (mom puts it in her coffee) so it's mild (and no, it doesn't have oils) It's first on my list for new flavors!

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I love orange marmalade (the real thing)... would love to find an orange "zest" flavor for that.
    To me,INW shisha orange is pretty much zest. Use sparingly, it’s potent. I have FA lemon zest, but I may not have tried it yet. Couldn’t find any notes

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I haven’t tried it yet (huge surprise I know lol), but reviews looked good. Got that and English marmalade. I have to get my mixing done before I do some sft. Got 5 re-mixes done today. Have a pile of new ones to pick from tomorrow. That’ll hold me for quite a while

Users who are viewing this thread