The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I mixed my 6 new flavors... giving them a few days to steep then doing SFTs. I have to mention WF Croissant smells very buttery! I hope it also has a nice bakery note to balance that out (if not, at least I have a good butter flavor if needed) WF Chocolate chunks smell very strong and dark (but that's what I expected) VT Vanilla cream is exactly what I hoped for... mostly vanilla. After the SFTs, I'm creating a recipe using;
    (WF) Chocolate chunks
    (CAP) Sweet tangerine
    (WF) Orange marmalade
    (PUR) Butter mint

• Like Like x 6
  2. Iron Molly

Iron Molly Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2010
    State of Anxiety
    Thank you! Having various anxiety issues for a long time, I finally feel like everyone else sort of "gets" how I feel most days. It's not fun. On the bright side, I do have some coping strategies already, which is actually an advantage.

• Love Love x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    @Iron Molly , I think I understand now. I go to Yosemite often (not now... it's closed) but avoid the busy areas crowded with people. I lived up in the mountains for 12 years... now back in the city. What I miss the most is the ocean (only been twice in 13 years) I could just sit on some lonely spot along the coast and watch the waves for hours and be happy... I just need to see it again! One time at Disneyland, it was super crowded (constantly bumping into people... I got an attitude and walked with my elbows sticking out... actually smacked several women in the breast... they were "oblivious" which just freaked me out more) I hated it... 45 minutes in line for each ride... have never gone back since!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. NolaMel

NolaMel ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I’m not a people person due to GAD, but I like people watching! If you have “safe” people close by, maybe arrange a “coffee date”. I’ve been making myself go to my MIL’s once a week. We sit outside and have a chat. Knowing she’s 85 and stir crazy stuck at home helps me get over the hump to actually get in the car and go. Twice a week, I go to the PO drive through and send something little to each of my grandbabies. They’re loving getting mail, and I get a little drive out of it. Tonight we’re going to eat dinner on the screen porch. I’m getting ready to go get it set up. I think talking to you has given me the oomph to get to it. We just have to id some new coping strategies during this virus mess

• Love Love x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Iron Molly

Oct 27, 2010
    State of Anxiety
    Yeah I know that feeling! When things were bad with me, I would at times abandon a full cart of groceries in the supermarket and just leave. Even now I avoid shopping on weekends. Too many people, too much commotion, it totally freaks me out. I do go on group bike rides, go to my knitting group, and go to a local pub to knit with friends. But if things get too crowded I start to get anxious and I'm out!

I hope you get to the ocean again. It's not that far from me, but again, right now is probably not the time. Usually spring is great for the beach because you can be alone and enjoy.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Iron Molly

Oct 27, 2010
    State of Anxiety
    I do have one friend who lives down the street that I still see. I garden at her house and we plan to still do that this year. She has a very large fenced in garden with raised beds, and it's too much for her to take care of herself. Works great for me because I just have small beds, and too much shade. I question her social distancing skills though, and she's in contact with many more people than I am. So trying to be extra careful but I don't want to lose that one in-person connection that I still have. I do go to my Mom's once per week to drop off groceries. We talk but stay outside. I talk to my Dad through the storm door. *sigh* We'll make it through this somehow!

• Love Love x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  7. *RJ*

*RJ* Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    So my amazon order of toilet paper actually shipped. I’m speechless. I read the review comments and someone said it’s random and to take a look throughout the day to see when some is available. I guess I timed it just right. I still can’t believe I found some. Mom and Dad are happy since I’m splitting it with them.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  8. DLKnives

DLKnives Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    That is a GREAT game and the DLC's are excellent too! Good choice, and The Witcher 2 was very good also.

My wife has been playing Wow for years but doesn't like the new content - says they're making it too easy for new people lol.

• Like Like x 2
  9. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Nothing at all. I love my NETs but I like other things also.

• Like Like x 1
  10. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    What is your Dark Bourbon Cream recipe? (If it's not real sweet).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Load up on comedy shows. They make life look pretty ridiculous and make fun of us for taking it too seriously. :)

• Like Like x 7
  12. DLKnives

DLKnives Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    I don't know what GAD is, but when you are people watching remember Kids in the Hall and pinching heads! "I crush your head!" If you have no idea what I'm talking about try this:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  13. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    It's only a 3 hour drive from here ;)

• Like Like x 3
  14. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US

• Like Like x 3
  15. NolaMel

NolaMel ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Soooo much pollen on the porch! All that’s left is to run the shop vac over the floor.
    Trying to decide if I should wait until the dregs in a couple current bottles are gone, or treat myself to something from the steep box. I need to dig through it and see what I need to replace of the long steepers so I don’t get caught shorthanded

• Like Like x 4
  16. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    That was funny! I needed that. Years ago, I would pretend I had super mental powers and if I concentrated hard enough I could make someone's head explode... it never worked but was a fun mental game (I'm older and mellowed out now... got over those unhealthy thoughts)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Blitzdonlife

Blitzdonlife Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    When I see people arguing at a distance, I sometimes fill in their conversations in ridiculous ways. Good for a laugh.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Quite so. And ideal being comfy there AND knowing that if the work environment goes south, you can go west :)

Indeed, the boss can make a huge difference!

I had to good fortune to have a good one, for about the last 10 years.

But, as a power plant electrician, working (too) often on voltages from 480 to 110,000, I got to the point of wondering when my luck would run out... I'd always joked that a good electrician only touches live wires at the "zero crossing point" where there's actually zero voltage. Of course, you have to be quick, as you get one millisecond every 8 milliseconds... and, well, I was getting older and slower ;)

• Like Like x 5
  19. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    I threw in the towel on Honduran Blueberry. Not going to waste any more time on it. Bottom line is I'm not a big blueberry fan. At least not the blueberry flavors I'm using and it's just not that important to me to go on. The Bilberry I added helped but not enough. It's too floral for me. If you like floral then this would be a very good recipe for you.

Honduran Blueberry

Honduran Ligero (Stixx Mixx) 8%
    Blueberry (FW) 5%
    Bilberry (FA) 1%

• Like Like x 4
  20. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good time to get out.

• Agree Agree x 3