Random DIY mixing and More

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I was looking for less sweet but sounds like dropping my vg more would work better.
Where do you purchase your vg from? I have noticed than when I grab a smaller bottle from a vendor, it is sweeter than the vg I get from essential depot.

Next time I order vg I want to buy from some other place to test it also.

:)

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Where do you purchase your vg from? I have noticed than when I grab a smaller bottle from a vendor, it is sweeter than the vg I get from essential depot.

Next time I order vg I want to buy from some other place to test it also.

Last I bought from Essential Depot

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    PG is water based and pretty much that thin
    PEG400 and VG are both categorized as viscous. While I dont think its as thick as VG I dont think its anywhere near as thin as PG. Just my opinion.
    Again,I'm just concerned with sweetness. It's all the fruits fault I'm having such a problem with this.

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    Again,I'm just concerned with sweetness. It's all the fruits fault I'm having such a problem with this.
    That got me to thinking about it being sweet so I tasted it on my tongue. Just a drop. Its not sweet but DONT try it. VG taste sweet but not PEG. I cant describe how bad it taste

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That got me to thinking about it being sweet so I tasted it on my tongue. Just a drop. Its not sweet but DONT try it. VG taste sweet but not PEG. I cant describe how bad it taste
    Well,That sure doesn't make me want to try it.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: stols001

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I never did well with fruit vapes in the past so this mixing with mainly fruit is all new ground for me. Instead of a cheesecake or tobacco I'm attempting things like basil.tea.booze,cucumber and all sorts of strange things as a base for the fruits.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    How does it vape? More or less clouds? I am thinking less, but ya never know....until you try it.

It vaped like pg but does seem to brighten up fruits. Honestly PEGs only value to me is it does speed up steeping compared to my vg/dw base. I'm giving it one more shot in mixes that taste thicker. It crackles like using too much dw too. Could be pg did too, haven’t vaped commercial juices since October last year and then I was using 80vg+ juices. I'll try 85vg/15PEG this time no dw.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2013
    MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
    Sadness is..

Ordered 20+ flavors from BCV (Basil and Ginger Peach were OOS :(), box arrived on Monday and new cases to store flavors arrived too. I didn't have time to shop around for other 4th of July specials.

It's Thursday. I've been working long hours, including the holiday. The boxes aren't even opened yet, let alone having time to play and mix.

That is just sad. You've given me such great ideas. I have a bunch of flavors mixed up so I really don't need to mix more. I just want to.. :cry:

and I have to work this weekend too..:-x

Please keep the ideas flowing. One of these days I'm going to take a day and turn into a mad scientist and have fun mixing all sorts of concoctions! They're loaded and ready in my Juice Calculator (I'm with Joel on that one). I keep finding new features to play with, it tracks my inventory and shopping list.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Got my strawberry wine racked, sulfited, sorbated, backsweetened and clarified. I have my counter back.

Making 30ml of Smokey Amber Plum, which I think I will call SAP. I wonder if I'll remember what it is if I call it SAP.

A glass or two of Cyser (apple mead) will follow. When I moved the jugs of strawberry I found some unsulfited at bottling Raspberry Melomel (mead) that was aged plenty for me with no sulfites so it bumped the Cyser out of the fridge. That may follow the Cyser.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Forgot to mention I finally tasted the lychee testers. Surprisingly good. The Cap steeps out but leaves behind a lovely light sweetener. The FE was better imo, light fruity notes that will pair with just about any fruit or cream. Pretty good single actually, light enough to use as a palette cleanser. Think it might work to lighten an over flavored fruit mix.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    It taste as clean as PG to me. Ive never had the crackling and Im vaping it now at 50/50 but it could just be the set up.
    @FranC I would go with dc99's impressions of PEG, he uses it much more than I have and is definitely more experienced than I as well.

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    @FranC I would go with dc99's impressions of PEG, he uses it much more than I have and is definitely more experienced than I as well.
    I wouldnt say that by any means. Its just my opinion and yours means just as much as mine or anybody elses. I really only tried PEG because I cant get along with PG and I just dont think you get as bright a flavor with max VG. I really have fallen behind with mixing because of all these mods.

Users who are viewing this thread