Random DIY mixing and More

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
My flavor testers are mixed with the new base mix too.
So you don't know yet if the new base makes a difference? I think DavidOck has an equally valid point. Maybe try 40/60. When you get the peg mix 3 different testers of various bases but use the same fruit in all 3 at the same percentage .

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So you don't know yet if the new base makes a difference? I think DavidOck has an equally valid point. Maybe try 40/60. When you get the peg mix 3 different testers of various bases but use the same fruit in all 3 at the same percentage .
    Good idea. Now what would you suggest for the 3 bases??

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I'm just not getting this though my head. Why would I want to lower pg?
    To help lower vg in the mix. remember vg is sweet. PG,PEG is not sweet at all.

:)
    eta...I did it again......not reading all post before posting myself.....sorry for the duplicate info.

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    I absolutely do give up some flavor with my base but pg doesn't work well for me and dw alleviates my heavy lung feeling. I tried PEG 20% and kept dw 3% and juice tasted good but was too loose for my tastes. Tried just PEG at various % and with dw at various %, just can't find a happy vape place using it. Some of my pg issues have shown back up at a lesser degree as well. Have no clue what to make of that because my pg from flavors has dropped considerably over the last few months. I'm guessing I'm just going to have to arrange my mixing to allow for long steeps. I do get as bright a flavor with max vg it just takes much longer to bloom. One of the reasons I've been collecting super concentrates, shorter steep less pg. Same with moving to higher mg salts, less pg.

Wow have no idea how this post became so long, apologies.

I have a challenge for you and anybody else that is willing to try it. Pick a simple recipe such as a berry mix (something simple like forest fruit) and mix it at max VG and another of the exact same but do 50/50 pg/vg or PEG/vg. You can give the max vg a head start if you want. Try them at the exact same wattage with the same coil. Im willing to bet the 50/50 has a cleaner,brighter flavor. I did this a couple years ago over a month long test. This is why I went in search of a pg substitute

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I have a challenge for you and anybody else that is willing to try it. Pick a simple recipe such as a berry mix (something simple like forest fruit) and mix it at max VG and another of the exact same but do 50/50 pg/vg or PEG/vg. You can give the max vg a head start if you want. Try them at the exact same wattage with the same coil. Im willing to bet the 50/50 has a cleaner,brighter flavor. I did this a couple years ago over a month long test. This is why I went in search of a pg substitute

I'm not willing to try. 80%+ VG, 10%DW, 11%- flavor works for me. PEG 3350 doesn't make me feel any better than PG did, I'm not risking PEG 400.
    I don't doubt it's a better flavor.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    There is no way I would ever return to 50/50 period. I might agree to a 75vg/25 peg but betting I would prefer the vg/dw vape regardless of flavor. I can mix to my mav vg preferences.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I figure my recipes may not be good to someone using PG. It's also why I only use other people's recipes as a rough idea.
    I've only followed one recipe to the letter. I always adapt. Am going to try dc99 apple recipe % tho, just not the sweetener. While I find the VTA sugar cane acceptable it isn't my go to.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Max vg has no flavor carrier (pg) so a 50/50 mix would have to be a brighter flavor.

Users who are viewing this thread