Random DIY mixing and More

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I wouldnt say that by any means. Its just my opinion and yours means just as much as mine or anybody elses. I really only tried PEG because I cant get along with PG and I just dont think you get as bright a flavor with max VG. I really have fallen behind with mixing because of all these mods.
I absolutely do give up some flavor with my base but pg doesn't work well for me and dw alleviates my heavy lung feeling. I tried PEG 20% and kept dw 3% and juice tasted good but was too loose for my tastes. Tried just PEG at various % and with dw at various %, just can't find a happy vape place using it. Some of my pg issues have shown back up at a lesser degree as well. Have no clue what to make of that because my pg from flavors has dropped considerably over the last few months. I'm guessing I'm just going to have to arrange my mixing to allow for long steeps. I do get as bright a flavor with max vg it just takes much longer to bloom. One of the reasons I've been collecting super concentrates, shorter steep less pg. Same with moving to higher mg salts, less pg.

Wow have no idea how this post became so long, apologies.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Ended up remixing 2 recipes today. Should work this time.At least I hope so. Will be trying some of my flavor testers tomorrow. Of course the taste fresh may have nothing to do with the steeped taste. Maybe I'll just try the couple I'm most curious about and put the rest away. Fruits shouldn't take that long to fully steep. 10 days,15days?? Thoughts?

IMO, most fruits as tasters should be fine in 7 (or less). All bets are off if in recipes! :w00t:

Make up two small batches of the same simple recipe, but change the PG/VG ratio to find out?

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I absolutely do give up some flavor with my base but pg doesn't work well for me and dw alleviates my heavy lung feeling. I tried PEG 20% and kept dw 3% and juice tasted good but was too loose for my tastes. Tried just PEG at various % and with dw at various %, just can't find a happy vape place using it. Some of my pg issues have shown back up at a lesser degree as well. Have no clue what to make of that because my pg from flavors has dropped considerably over the last few months. I'm guessing I'm just going to have to arrange my mixing to allow for long steeps. I do get as bright a flavor with max vg it just takes much longer to bloom. One of the reasons I've been collecting super concentrates, shorter steep less pg. Same with moving to higher mg salts, less pg.

Wow have no idea how this post became so long, apologies.
    Don't be silly. No apologies needed:wub:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    IMO, most fruits as tasters should be fine in 7 (or less). All bets are off if in recipes! :w00t:

Make up two small batches of the same simple recipe, but change the PG/VG ratio to find out?
    I be happy just knowing if a steeped flavor is sweet or tart. Just dropped my vg level again. Not sure how much more I want to go.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Exactly. I'm down to 25% vg and not sure if I want to go any lower.

Maybe you're going the wrong way? Have you tried, say, 50/50? Maybe it's not the sweetness of the VG but the higher PG delivering more sweet from the flavors?

Users who are viewing this thread