rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    The power has gone off a couple times but came back on quickly. Stay safe, everyone.

I have zero desire to buy anything right now. Guess it is the virus and dooming regs. I am in a wait and see mode. I need to sell a bunch of stuff but don't want to make any trips to the PO so I will wait.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Good morning Went to place my BCF order yesterday, double checked my inventory.. and turns out I had some mascarpone.

Would this be a good cheesecake base?
    3% yes we cheesecake INW
    1% mascarpone WF
    1% cheesecake (graham cracker crust) TFA
    1% ny cheesecake v2 CAP

I'm basing it off a blueberry cheesecake mix I did, that was kind of funky but I think due to my blueberry, blueberry extra, bilberry %s
    I'll probably do a strawberry cheesecake

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Hope everyone does OK in this wind. It's going to start hitting us this morning, and sticking around all day. I'm not optimistic on keeping power. We have many, many dead trees from both gypsy moth infestation and emerald ash borer. I'm glad I had all my potentially troublesome ones removed in the Fall. No generator here, either, but I've found that my big upright freezer will keep below 32F for about 4 days, if I don't open it, so hopefully that at least will be OK.

To do today: Knitting, and while the power lasts, playing either Witcher 3 or State of Decay 2. Zombie games aren't really my thing, but my friend bought me a copy and we play coop. So nice to talk to another person every day! :)
    I've been playing a bit of Witcher 3 on my PC and it is pretty awesome! I'm a big fan of and have read all the books, but hadn't played any of the games until recently.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Still no power.
    The power has gone off a couple times but came back on quickly. Stay safe, everyone.

I have zero desire to buy anything right now. Guess it is the virus and dooming regs. I am in a wait and see mode. I need to sell a bunch of stuff but don't want to make any trips to the PO so I will wait.
    Still no power. Twitter has blown up at our power company. Hundreds of dollars of food will be ruined here. I have no desire to spend money on vaping when I've already spent a small fortune on virus stocking and will probably have to start over.

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2010
    State of Anxiety
    I've been playing a bit of Witcher 3 on my PC and it is pretty awesome! I'm a big fan of and have read all the books, but hadn't played any of the games until recently.

Witcher 3 is more my thing than zombies! But there is no coop so I can't play with my friend. I'm really terrible at Witcher 3 combat, but I'm hoping if I just keep trying I'll get the hang of it. I'm playing in story mode, and some of it is still really hard. Love the game though.

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2010
    State of Anxiety
    Still no power.

Still no power. Twitter has blown up at our power company. Hundreds of dollars of food will be ruined here. I have no desire to spend money on vaping when I've already spent a small fortune on virus stocking and will probably have to start over.

I hope it's restored soon! Perhaps if it's something big, they will get it fixed more quickly? I know that's how it works here. If it's a main line that's down, with hundreds or thousands of customers it gets fixed quickly. If it's just the lines on our street, forget it.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    I hope it's restored soon! Perhaps if it's something big, they will get it fixed more quickly? I know that's how it works here. If it's a main line that's down, with hundreds or thousands of customers it gets fixed quickly. If it's just the lines on our street, forget it.
    It's widespread and I have no idea what kind of damage it caused. I read that there were trees down in the town beside mine. I'm trying to be nice about it as people lost their homes and lives. Hopefully it'll be on soon. Then I can check my food. I read frozen food will last 48 hours but I'm doubtful.

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2010
    State of Anxiety
    It's widespread and I have no idea what kind of damage it caused. I read that there were trees down in the town beside mine. I'm trying to be nice about it as people lost their homes and lives. Hopefully it'll be on soon. Then I can check my food. I read frozen food will last 48 hours but I'm doubtful.

If you don't open your freezer, and it is pretty full, it should last at least 48 hours. I've checked it on my refrigerator freezer and found that to be the case. Ice cream was a little soft, but things like meat still absolutely frozen solid.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Your food will be OK for awhile as long as you don't keep opening the door.

Boudica

ECF Veteran
    Nov 16, 2013
    Auckland. New Zealand
    Still no power.

Oh gawd's, it's you that have also done a massive amount of food buying for your parents too? Yes? I can only hope power is returned ASAP for you. Really feel for you there, yes frozen food can stay that way for a long time, the main thing not to do is open the freezer door, tempting as it may be. I am thinking of you and hope this all works out well with nothing lost. All that going out, getting it, unloading and organising it etc is bloody*y stressful :shock:, not to mention the cost. All the very, very best to you, my fingers and toes are crossed :nun::nun::nun:

Boudica

ECF Veteran
    Nov 16, 2013
    Auckland. New Zealand
    Still no power.

Oh gawd's, it's you that have also done a massive amount of food buying for your parents too? Yes? I can only hope power is returned ASAP for you. Really feel for you there, yes frozen food can stay that way for a long time, the main thing not to do is open the freezer door, tempting as it may be. I am thinking of you and hope this all works out well with nothing lost. All that going out, getting it, unloading and organising it etc is bloody*y stressful :shock:, not to mention the cost. All the very, very best to you, my fingers and toes are crossed :nun::nun::nun:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good morning mixers and good luck RJ on getting your power back on. We had a bunch of rain and high winds yesterday but nothing like you had.

It's just another work day here. I've got my fingers crossed for more work to come in today.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Morning, mixers.

Hope all in the various storms' paths stay safe, and get power back soon!

Meanwhile,

1815343.gif

Reactions: newyork13

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good morning Went to place my BCF order yesterday, double checked my inventory.. and turns out I had some mascarpone.

Would this be a good cheesecake base?
    3% yes we cheesecake INW
    1% mascarpone WF
    1% cheesecake (graham cracker crust) TFA
    1% ny cheesecake v2 CAP

I'm basing it off a blueberry cheesecake mix I did, that was kind of funky but I think due to my blueberry, blueberry extra, bilberry %s
    I'll probably do a strawberry cheesecake
    I'm partial to my own base but I would get rid of the above TFA cheesecake and add 2% Graham Crust (any brand) instead

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Still no power.

That really sucks. I hope it comes on in time to save your food.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good morning mixers and good luck RJ on getting your power back on. We had a bunch of rain and high winds yesterday but nothing like you had.

It's just another work day here. I've got my fingers crossed for more work to come in today.
    Hoping so.

Users who are viewing this thread