Random DIY mixing and More

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
It’s been a long time since I checked on a car but most small twin cylinder engines like you find on lawn tractors will read over 13.
That could be. I got rid of my lawn tractor a couple years ago when the hole on top of the cutting deck got large enough to put my foot through. :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Several years ago a coworker and I were going to lunch and we watched a woman on her cell phone run a stop sign and t boned an older lady in a Saturn. We stopped and ran over but the lady was unconscious so we called 911. The lady that hit her was probably around 25-30 and got out of her car with her cell phone to her ear. She didn’t even touch her brake. The police interviewed us afterward and we told them how the lady ran the sign. We found out later that the older lady died. I never did hear if there were charges brought against the younger woman.
    Should have been charges brought.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    It actually, oddly is. If they want to hire me, I'd be unlikely to say no, although I think perhaps my chances are not so high. IDK. Maybe it will just be like "OMG WE WANT YOU MAN" although somehow I think that would be way too easy. Etc.

I'm just saying, if not there then someplace. It's just a relief I can find a job, probably that pays me the approximate amount of like, what I am making now. LOL I am one of the few people who actually like the IHS it just tends to be very rural but I don't see how it would be more so than like, Douglas.

No I am just relieved I may be able to find a job when I need one etc. In general.

Anna
    When are you going to apply? You might get an NM job.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    I believe you should get close to 12.6v while running if everything is copacetic.

It’s been a long time since I checked on a car but most small twin cylinder engines like you find on lawn tractors will read over 13.

Nominal voltage for a lead acid (car) battery is 13.2, although like our lithiums, rarely does one actually see that :) Just after starting, when the alternator is topping it back up, measured voltage needs to be that or a tad higher to charge. Charging voltage can be 14ish.

Hey guys, so I just got some base juice, 100vg, and was wondering if it's like normal for the aroma to be 100pg, like do I just add a few drops of the aroma to the base juice?

Uh, some confusion on terms.

Base juice? You seem to mean that you got some quantity of VG, since nic isn't mentioned. If you vape no nic, that's fine.

Although straight VG is pretty thick, and some toppers may have problems wicking properly.

Aroma - do you mean the flavorings? If so, then some basic mixing would be, yes, to just put a few drops of that into, say, 10 ml of the base, but that's usually not going to be the "best" flavor. DO write down how many drops per XXml of the VG, if you hope to recreate or improve it!

And also if so, yes, it's pretty common for flavors / flavorings to come in max PG.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    My son drives an old 1997 Chevy truck. A new battery seemed to have fixed it. I think my Dad was offended I didn’t call him this time. My Dad loves cars and loves to help us. I told him I didn’t want him out and about and we took care of it. We left the truck at my parent’s house while we took my car to my work to pick up some stuff and it cranked fine a couple of hours later.

My African violet looks great. I wonder if my office assistant waters it when she comes in once a week. But I bought more potting soil to repot all my plants.

We got stuck in traffic...they are repaving the interstate and it was awful. Lowe’s was packed! Not a good place to be if one is trying to not get the virus. I saw some people wearing masks but it looks to me as if people just don’t care about the virus. Then we got some food and his meds at cvs.

I’m tired and the day is gone. I bought a houseplant at Lowe’s and I have no idea what it is so I’m sitting here googling. I need a nap. And a bath. I always feel dirty when I’m around people...don’t want this virus.

Terri McVeety

ECF Veteran
    Nov 9, 2018
    NE Texas
    Don't assume it's the battery... many friends have run out and buy a new one just to find (after a few days) it's the charging system. Can you get the vehicle to the parts store? They test the system for free. I fhte battery is over 5 years old, replace it... but still have the charging system checked.
    In my shop we test again after a battery replace to make sure the alternator is charging to the proper specs.

Terri McVeety

ECF Veteran
    Nov 9, 2018
    NE Texas
    No results.

Edit: Tried the tracking # at the USPS site and got "USPS Currently Awaiting Package" so that's something I guess.
    Well I guess I should have known this...

Attachments

• A263B35C-2E78-449B-AFD5-0391CAACF586.png
      A263B35C-2E78-449B-AFD5-0391CAACF586.png
      1 MB · Views: 12

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My son drives an old 1997 Chevy truck. A new battery seemed to have fixed it. I think my Dad was offended I didn’t call him this time. My Dad loves cars and loves to help us. I told him I didn’t want him out and about and we took care of it. We left the truck at my parent’s house while we took my car to my work to pick up some stuff and it cranked fine a couple of hours later.

My African violet looks great. I wonder if my office assistant waters it when she comes in once a week. But I bought more potting soil to repot all my plants.

We got stuck in traffic...they are repaving the interstate and it was awful. Lowe’s was packed! Not a good place to be if one is trying to not get the virus. I saw some people wearing masks but it looks to me as if people just don’t care about the virus. Then we got some food and his meds at cvs.

I’m tired and the day is gone. I bought a houseplant at Lowe’s and I have no idea what it is so I’m sitting here googling. I need a nap. And a bath. I always feel dirty when I’m around people...don’t want this virus.
    Don't blame you for wanting a bath.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there

Hopefully your mom and dad at least go out into their own yards. Sunshine and fresh air are good for your health, not stagnate air in enclosed areas. Common sense and science agree on this.

:)

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Hopefully your mom and dad at least go out into their own yards. Sunshine and fresh air are good for your health, not stagnate air in enclosed areas. Common sense and science agree on this.

They love to sit on the porch. And Dad goes to his shop up the street and is always cutting his grass. Mom is a homebody though, but you can’t slow Dad down! They are very healthy to be in their 80s.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    They love to sit on the porch. And Dad goes to his shop up the street and is always cutting his grass. Mom is a homebody though, but you can’t slow Dad down! They are very healthy to be in their 80s.
    Staying active is necessary as you grow older--imho--cause once you start to slow down it then becomes harder and harder to get back to where you were, if ever. The term- if you don't use it--you lose it--takes on a whole new meaning. Being shut up inside is not healthy in the long run. You can only clean so much before it is over doing it, and there is not much on tv that holds my interest much anymore. Love to read but that is becoming more difficult(need new glasses). A few times I have just gone out for a drive. Not stopping anywhere but just the difference in scenery can make all the difference in your mood and attitude.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good for them:wub:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    We found out later that the older lady died. I never did hear if there were charges brought against the younger woman.

Ugh. Tucson enacted an extremely speedy cell phone law after a 16 year old was texting and rolled a red light. She had just gotten her license and she killed her dad who was also in the car.

She was incarcerated in juvenile until the age of 21 I believe. I don't know exactly I feel sorriest for in the situation I cannot IMAGINE being the daughter OR the mom, OMG.

When are you going to apply? You might get an NM job.

I finished my application yesterday, 2 hours under the "dot of midnight" wire. I highly doubt I will be offered the job, but you never know.

I mean I would be "Whut?" I guess we will see. I'm just relieved there will be ongoing great opportunities for me. I wasn't elegible or aware of this before.... Surely the NIH is like, Federal so I don't know how I got it.. Maybe the rules changed. But I could work for the VA all sorts of things. I do not know if I want to work for the VA I love Vets actually and they usually love me right back, because like the husband has schooled me well in PTSD.

The last time I visited the VA in Tucson, this guy at a meeting I knew was about to go into DTs. I mean, I know the symptoms dude. He begged me to buy him a beer and we did some negotiating like, about that and he got his beverage on the way to the VA and like, it was a commody of errors I mean... I'm glad I did not get an open container citation. It was a comedy of errors, he freaked about the can JUST as we arrived and I was like, "Dood, just drop it with the other trash on the floor it's FINE." But NO. He had to toss it out of the car RIGHT in front of the security guard. Who made us turn around AGAIN and like, pick it up and find a trash can, it was awful.

When I got him admitted the nurse was so CRANKY about that ETOH. I just looked at her mildly and said, "Lady you may be a nurse but REALLY I know DTs and I was NOT going to deal with him having seizures in my CAR and yeah, I know he's a frequently flyer probably but at least I negotiated him to safety so you should BACK off. If you don't know yet it is an UNPREDICTABLE miracle when someone gets sober you should LEAN and back OFF. I was getting him that beer either way so you can treat it as an opportunity or a burden. NOT my call."

I don't believe I would care to work there no. Hmm last time I saw him he was doing better, I hope he still is.

Anna

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Does it flower?

It can but typically no.

Looks like a corn stalk to me.

At first I thought it was a corn plant houseplant (named due to the resemblance to a corn stalk) but mine has no stalk. So I was confused. But the limelight and corn plant are both in the Dracaena family. Very observant @Bronze!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread