Random DIY mixing and More

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Get a Kindle. I don't read any of the hundreds of books I have anymore, I just buy digital books now. Adjustable font! :blink:
We just sent one as a surprise to my 8 yo grandson. My daughter can’t keep him in books. This way he can “borrow” as many as he wants from the local library for free. He wanted an “electric book” after seeing my Mom’s (she’s 85). Mom loved it after her eye surgery because she could adjust the type to where it was clear.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I picked my next cheesecake. It’s a new one to me and I called it 3B Cheesecake for lack of a better name. The 3B’s for Black Currant, Boysenberry and Bilberry. Should be a good one.
That does sound tasty. I have boysenberry, but I don’t think I’ve used it.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
Staying active is necessary as you grow older--imho--cause once you start to slow down it then becomes harder and harder to get back to where you were, if ever. The term- if you don't use it--you lose it--takes on a whole new meaning. Being shut up inside is not healthy in the long run. You can only clean so much before it is over doing it, and there is not much on tv that holds my interest much anymore. Love to read but that is becoming more difficult(need new glasses). A few times I have just gone out for a drive. Not stopping anywhere but just the difference in scenery can make all the difference in your mood and attitude.

:)
My Dad can run circles around all of us and he’s a little stir crazy. All he knows is work so to be limited is killing him. He’ll go to the local fast food joint for breakfast with his buddies daily, then off to his shop to work on cars or weld something or do things for the city or hang doors on an airplane hangar or help the local businesses with fixing things or welding things. o_O He has welded chairs for the local pizza joint, he came up with his own design to fix the baseball field bases so they won’t pop up, fixed the city’s heavy equipment, made Christmas light decorations for the lamp posts through town. That’s my Dad! He is a very special man. My Mom has a bad back so she will never be active. But she loves being at home doing loving things for her kids (and taking care of Dad). I’m more like my Dad. I’ve always got something going on and am always active. I am never ever bored as I will create something to do. But when I do settle down...I enjoy doing nothing as well. :rolleyes:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    We went and got food from Jose Peppers for dinner. They came out to the car, took our order and brought the food out in less than 15 minutes.

I need to get busy trying my sft. I’ve still got six to go.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    We went and got food from Jose Peppers for dinner. They came out to the car, took our order and brought the food out in less than 15 minutes.

I need to get busy trying my sft. I’ve still got six to go.
    What’s up next to try?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I set up an rda to test the ccw waffle. It’s really pretty darn good. I can see now why it was chosen for the waffle recipe I saw. It’s a slightly sweet waffle flavor with no syrup which the others I tried had a feint syrup flavor. This one tastes like waffles I would make with a bit of vanilla added to sweeten them but no syrup flavor added.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I set up an rda to test the ccw waffle. It’s really pretty darn good. I can see now why it was chosen for the waffle recipe I saw. It’s a slightly sweet waffle flavor with no syrup which the others I tried had a feint syrup flavor. This one tastes like waffles I would make with a bit of vanilla added to sweeten them but no syrup flavor added.
    That’s cool. Gives you a base flavor.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    I think I killed my first mod screen at work today, the USV Mach On3. There are verticle lines running all across the screen but it still vapes fine. I do wonder if its safe to use with a bad screen though. Opinions, yea or ney?

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I think I killed my first mod screen at wotk today, the USV Mach On3. There are verticle lines running all across the screen but it still vapes fine. I do wonder if its safe to use with a bad screen though. Opinions, yea or ney?
    I would say yes.As long as it vapes fine should be fine.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    I came home and there is a bird trapped in the front section of my motorhome, no idea how it got in there. It's just flying around chirping, crazy bird. I need to figure out how to catch this thing, but I'm whooped from work, so I'm just laughing at the whole situation. Ok, time to do something about this intruder lol.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    My almost black Calla lily bloomed today.
    upload_2020-4-25_20-10-43.png

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I came home and there is a bird trapped in the front section of my motorhome, no idea how it got in there. It's just flying around chirping, crazy bird. I need to figure out how to catch this thing, but I'm whooped from work, so I'm just laughing at the whole situation. Ok, time to do something about this intruder lol.
    Good luck evicting the Bird :lol:

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    Good luck evicting the Bird :lol:
    I have some local wildlife that enjoys visiting from time to time. Birds (Buzzards for some reason like to land on the roof, that'll wake you up! Those birds have some weight, and they're not exactly graceful landings :p), mice, bees, wasps, lots of gecko's, spiders, scorpions, etc, etc. We all coexist pretty well, I rescue most of them and release them instead of killing them (except scorpions and fire ants, no love for those guys). I think they must spread the word on me in the insect world, it's been awhile since anything bit or stung me in here (besides mosquitoes, scorpions and fire ants are just mean, different story all together).

The bees, wasps and hornets let me pick them up without fear, we're getting along fine as usual. We've always had an understanding with each other, don't hurt me and I won't hurt you, it's a mutual respect thing. Think it has something to do with pheromones or something, or maybe I just have good luck in the flying insect pollinator world? However it works, it works, and has worked like this for several decades.

Random fact of the day, check!

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have some local wildlife that enjoys visiting from time to time. Birds (Buzzards for some reason like to land on the roof, that'll wake you up! Those birds have some weight, and they're not exactly graceful landings :p), mice, bees, wasps, lots of gecko's, spiders, scorpions, etc, etc. We all coexist pretty well, I rescue most of them and release them instead of killing them (except scorpions and fire ants, no love for those guys). I think they must spread the word on me in the insect world, it's been awhile since anything bit or stung me in here (besides mosquitoes, scorpions and fire ants are just mean, different story all together).

The bees, wasps and hornets let me pick them up without fear, we're getting along fine as usual. We've always had an understanding with each other, don't hurt me and I won't hurt you, it's a mutual respect thing. Think it has something to do with pheromones or something, or maybe I just have good luck in the flying insect pollinator world? However it works, it works, and has worked like this for several decades.

Random fact of the day, check!

Hubs did a lot of traveling in the south when he was young. Got into those fire ants just once. Old guy that saw it told him pickle juice would take the string away. Hubs said it does.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Hubs did a lot of traveling in the south when he was young. Got into those fire ants just once. Old guy that saw it told him pickle juice would take the string away. Hubs said it does.
    Just getting pickled works too.

Users who are viewing this thread