Random DIY mixing and More

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Nothing much,stay at home as usual and taking care of my pops.
Might buy a bottle of cheap knockoff baileys (4.99 hehe) for saturday night,light some candles...put on some Michael Bolton and make it a night for me :)

On the vaping side i melted the ridged part of the drip tip of my WASP NANO rta,took it off to refill and the plastic was left inside,luckily my friend from the store had a spare.
He had to use a cutter and some tools to get rid of the plastic that was inside of the ridges so we could screw in the new drip tip.
Think i might have accidentally had the fire button pressed and that melted it...only reason i can come up with.

Apart from that nothing new or planned buddy,what about you?

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Nothing much,stay at home as usual and taking care of my pops.
    Might buy a bottle of cheap knockoff baileys (4.99 hehe) for saturday night,light some candles...put on some Michael Bolton and make it a night for me :)

On the vaping side i melted the ridged part of the drip tip of my WASP NANO RTA,took it off to refill and the plastic was left inside,luckily my friend from the store had a spare.
    He had to use a cutter and some tools to get rid of the plastic that was inside of the ridges so we could screw in the new drip tip.
    Think i might have accidentally had the fire button pressed and that melted it...only reason i can come up with.

Apart from that nothing new or planned buddy,what about you?
    No big plan here but I do need to work on a couple of recipes and mix an ADV.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    So I got all my new flavors in elr. I’m up to 214. :blink: Shisha vanilla smells fabulous! Butter my biscuit smells just like a buttered biscuit. How do they do that? And the Am4A smells so good. Yay for new stuff! :thumbs:
    It tastes buttery to me. I swapped it for the INW biscuit in @FranC ’s strawberry? biscuit (sorry, just now coffee-ing... the recipe I loooove so much). It’s not a biscuit (cookie) replacement for me. I was expecting maybe shortbread, but I’m not getting any at the % I used (same as the INW was used at in the OG). I’ll have to sft it to figure it out I guess, see if I can find any bakery notes

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I'm awake and only because like I have a pdoc appointment I think either at 10 or 2. I am not too with it yet but I passed out okay. I was really tired. The husband heroically went and got my scripts this morning but I am none too happy about it, I must say.

I wasn't that shocked they didn't keep me, I mean they were not like gonna give me that Remswhatever stuff and have me wait for up to 3 days for my COVID test to give it to me. So, um yes. I'll just do the steroid thing for a bit and see if I get better. They knew it wasn't bacterial so I guess I don't know what else they were gonna do about it. Etc. I am SO glad they did not keep me I hate hospitals and like, I would have had a miserable time, etc. If the steroids don't fix my stuff, IDK what to do but my mom keeps pointing out COVID can take at least two months to resolve I wish she would SHUT up about that. LOL. But seriously all the blood and scanning I am not at imminent risk of death so they really didn't stress and neither was I, I was fine with all of it although I frankly didn't think they had too many answers other than "Your lungs are sucking but we don't really know why." But also, "Your lungs are sucking but you are not going to die."

Anna

The husband was all like, "I bet they told you not to vape." I did actually ask and the doc was like, "Um no, based on the smoking history you gave me vape, if it's what keeps you from smoking." I was like super happy about that.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    As far as plans, the husband and I are mutually agreeable on "NOTHING." I actually technically am on quarantine for real now although frankly the head cop (I forget what they call it) in Cochise county is like, "I am not ABOUT to pull people over and demand to know what they are doing. As far as I am concerned they can DO what they feel they need to do." So even if I'm on some list now it's not like um, I couldn't leave if I wanted.

I could actually get tyrannical about this, like sending the husband on increasingly irrelevant issues, like "Take this to the post office" or "go get me a puppy from the pound!" But he looks really tired too. I was like, "Forget the phone it's not holding up too good but I can take calls and I can use my hotspot let us just REST this horrendous day. Etc. So apart from PDOC who I am PRETTY SURE it's like 10 but I could be ALL Wrong. I need to remember to take the phone with me to all places, so I don't miss the call. Could be anytime dude, they used to give you reminder calls but the secretaries have gotten bad about that.

Yes. I wrote the date and time. Somewhere. Good luck with that I guess. I suppose it is somewhat fortuitous as like, I can discuss how to not go nuts with the doc for the next 10 days, etc.

Anna

MLEJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2020
    The husband was all like, "I bet they told you not to vape." I did actually ask and the doc was like, "Um no, based on the smoking history you gave me vape, if it's what keeps you from smoking." I was like super happy about that.
    How refreshing!
    I could actually get tyrannical about this, like sending the husband on increasingly irrelevant issues, like "Take this to the post office" or "go get me a puppy from the pound!"
    A puppy could do wonders for your health.

Or your husband could be the one to fetch things for you. :)

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    The husband is way better than a puppy. He is also housetrained. I like that in a human. God, especially kids when it happens and especially when they just do it all on their own, like my kid did.

Some parents are all weird about their toddlers watching. When I talk about the blissful day I could once more use the bathroom alone, some moms give me weird looks. I'm like,, "Oh please, it's more informative than chill abuse he toilet trained HIMSELF. I did zero things, he was just, "Bathroom?" and I would take him there and he would climb up and do his business."

Then... they start looking thoughtful. I mean I didn't PLAN it that way, I just knew if I did not allow him to accompany me where he wished, he would find some way to harm himself getting out of what I penned him in. That was definitely a free range kid.

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm awake and only because like I have a pdoc appointment I think either at 10 or 2. I am not too with it yet but I passed out okay. I was really tired. The husband heroically went and got my scripts this morning but I am none too happy about it, I must say.

I wasn't that shocked they didn't keep me, I mean they were not like gonna give me that Remswhatever stuff and have me wait for up to 3 days for my COVID test to give it to me. So, um yes. I'll just do the steroid thing for a bit and see if I get better. They knew it wasn't bacterial so I guess I don't know what else they were gonna do about it. Etc. I am SO glad they did not keep me I hate hospitals and like, I would have had a miserable time, etc. If the steroids don't fix my stuff, IDK what to do but my mom keeps pointing out COVID can take at least two months to resolve I wish she would SHUT up about that. LOL. But seriously all the blood and scanning I am not at imminent risk of death so they really didn't stress and neither was I, I was fine with all of it although I frankly didn't think they had too many answers other than "Your lungs are sucking but we don't really know why." But also, "Your lungs are sucking but you are not going to die."

Anna

I guess you keep on doing what your doing with the addition of the steroids. Did you get results for all the blood tests?

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2014
    United States
    @stols001 I am sending get well wishes for you. I went to see my liver doc yesterday and she said I can continue working. Work wants me desperately(they won't let me quit!) and I'm going to try again this weekend. Hopefully, I don't pass out wearing a n95/glass protectors. I'll wear a shield on isolation folks and ramp up precautions. I'm in a catch 22 position. I need health care insurance and now that hubs is permanently laid off I don't have any insurance starting June 1st. (Thanks Covid)

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    To add some levity to the situation i got me some cool activities planned for wednesday night and thursday morning.
    My pops is getting a test done on thursday so he needs 2 enemas,one the night before and one on the morning of the test...

43ain0.jpg

Yay me!! :banana::banana:

Meh,you gotta do what you gotta do,it's just me and my pops,that is our family.
    We got no one else so if this is something i gotta do..I'll do it.

P.s. in retrospect the :banana: emoji isn't the best emoji to use in a post that is enema related
    just sayin'

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Holy goodness, the VA in West Virginia called they want to hire me! I am pretty psyched but like, they ALSO want to hire me at the bottom of the scale, which I do not feel is justified.

I have never negotiated a salary before (chicks don't) and well, I could take a 1 or 2 k pay but, but not THAT low. I explained to the guy I couldn't accept a salary that low and told him what I was currently making, why I felt I deserved more, etc. I was like, "I really don't want to have you send me an offer and decline all the other candidates when like, it is so much less than I'm making, I would just find it not possible." So, yeah, he is gonna call me on Monday. I told him I was REALLY excited to be selected, I REALLY wanted to say yes but also.... I really had to advocate for my skillfulness and they had picked me over everyone.

We'll see. I mean if the offer gets more reasonable, well I'd consider it, and I was just like I WANT to be excited and all, they were rather swift about it. Onboarding takes forever and etc. So I am glad I put him off, a bit. But wow, my first interview went good I think. The husband was like tearful and I was like, "Let's just wait until Monday and see what happens." Because, while I really would like to go there well as I pointed out to the dude, I would have to move, it's expensive (they don't want to cover relocation, etc.)

So hopefully the chief whomever does something but I am ALSO done not negotiating my salary JUST like a BOSS heh well a dude anyway. Women often make less than men, but like, it's because women do not ASK. Etc. I did make it clear I would most likely accept IF the salary improved, Etc. If they really want me, they can want me a little more monifully.

Anna

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    To add some levity to the situation i got me some cool activities planned for wednesday night and thursday morning.
    My pops is getting a test done on thursday so he needs 2 enemas,one the night before and one on the morning of the test...

View attachment 887941

Yay me!! :banana::banana:

Meh,you gotta do what you gotta do,it's just me and my pops,that is our family.
    We got no one else so if this is something i gotta do..I'll do it.

P.s. in retrospect the :banana: emoji isn't the best emoji to use in a post that is enema related
    just sayin'
    You’re a good son :thumbs:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Holy goodness, the VA in West Virginia called they want to hire me! I am pretty psyched but like, they ALSO want to hire me at the bottom of the scale, which I do not feel is justified.

I have never negotiated a salary before (chicks don't) and well, I could take a 1 or 2 k pay but, but not THAT low. I explained to the guy I couldn't accept a salary that low and told him what I was currently making, why I felt I deserved more, etc. I was like, "I really don't want to have you send me an offer and decline all the other candidates when like, it is so much less than I'm making, I would just find it not possible." So, yeah, he is gonna call me on Monday. I told him I was REALLY excited to be selected, I REALLY wanted to say yes but also.... I really had to advocate for my skillfulness and they had picked me over everyone.

We'll see. I mean if the offer gets more reasonable, well I'd consider it, and I was just like I WANT to be excited and all, they were rather swift about it. Onboarding takes forever and etc. So I am glad I put him off, a bit. But wow, my first interview went good I think. The husband was like tearful and I was like, "Let's just wait until Monday and see what happens." Because, while I really would like to go there well as I pointed out to the dude, I would have to move, it's expensive (they don't want to cover relocation, etc.)

So hopefully the chief whomever does something but I am ALSO done not negotiating my salary JUST like a BOSS heh well a dude anyway. Women often make less than men, but like, it's because women do not ASK. Etc. I did make it clear I would most likely accept IF the salary improved, Etc. If they really want me, they can want me a little more monifully.

Anna

Anna
    It would be nice if NM would call now.

MLEJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2020

Anna

Anna
    Congratulations (maybe)!
    And good for you not rolling over on the salary. Gotta consider any cost of living difference, though, right?

"monifully" :) :) :)

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Good Morning/Afternoon Mixers!

101 outside and going way up. We have to go get a Walmart order today.

SIL came over yesterday with the newest grand daughter Zoey. She's 2 1/2 and doesn't remember us or our house but she came in and had a great time! It was awesome and now she wants to come back and stay with her sister Haylie, who is my favorite! We'll watch lots of Peppa Pig! :D

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good Morning/Afternoon Mixers!

101 outside and going way up. We have to go get a Walmart order today.

SIL came over yesterday with the newest grand daughter Zoey. She's 2 1/2 and doesn't remember us or our house but she came in and had a great time! It was awesome and now she wants to come back and stay with her sister Haylie, who is my favorite! We'll watch lots of Peppa Pig! :D
    Enjoy the kids :)

Users who are viewing this thread