Random DIY mixing and More

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Holy goodness, the VA in West Virginia called they want to hire me! I am pretty psyched but like, they ALSO want to hire me at the bottom of the scale, which I do not feel is justified.

I have never negotiated a salary before (chicks don't) and well, I could take a 1 or 2 k pay but, but not THAT low. I explained to the guy I couldn't accept a salary that low and told him what I was currently making, why I felt I deserved more, etc. I was like, "I really don't want to have you send me an offer and decline all the other candidates when like, it is so much less than I'm making, I would just find it not possible." So, yeah, he is gonna call me on Monday. I told him I was REALLY excited to be selected, I REALLY wanted to say yes but also.... I really had to advocate for my skillfulness and they had picked me over everyone.

We'll see. I mean if the offer gets more reasonable, well I'd consider it, and I was just like I WANT to be excited and all, they were rather swift about it. Onboarding takes forever and etc. So I am glad I put him off, a bit. But wow, my first interview went good I think. The husband was like tearful and I was like, "Let's just wait until Monday and see what happens." Because, while I really would like to go there well as I pointed out to the dude, I would have to move, it's expensive (they don't want to cover relocation, etc.)

So hopefully the chief whomever does something but I am ALSO done not negotiating my salary JUST like a BOSS heh well a dude anyway. Women often make less than men, but like, it's because women do not ASK. Etc. I did make it clear I would most likely accept IF the salary improved, Etc. If they really want me, they can want me a little more monifully.

Anna

Anna
I think you should binge Justified over the weekend in honor of the job offer.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Holy goodness, the VA in West Virginia called they want to hire me! I am pretty psyched but like, they ALSO want to hire me at the bottom of the scale, which I do not feel is justified.

I have never negotiated a salary before (chicks don't) and well, I could take a 1 or 2 k pay but, but not THAT low. I explained to the guy I couldn't accept a salary that low and told him what I was currently making, why I felt I deserved more, etc. I was like, "I really don't want to have you send me an offer and decline all the other candidates when like, it is so much less than I'm making, I would just find it not possible." So, yeah, he is gonna call me on Monday. I told him I was REALLY excited to be selected, I REALLY wanted to say yes but also.... I really had to advocate for my skillfulness and they had picked me over everyone.

We'll see. I mean if the offer gets more reasonable, well I'd consider it, and I was just like I WANT to be excited and all, they were rather swift about it. Onboarding takes forever and etc. So I am glad I put him off, a bit. But wow, my first interview went good I think. The husband was like tearful and I was like, "Let's just wait until Monday and see what happens." Because, while I really would like to go there well as I pointed out to the dude, I would have to move, it's expensive (they don't want to cover relocation, etc.)

So hopefully the chief whomever does something but I am ALSO done not negotiating my salary JUST like a BOSS heh well a dude anyway. Women often make less than men, but like, it's because women do not ASK. Etc. I did make it clear I would most likely accept IF the salary improved, Etc. If they really want me, they can want me a little more monifully.

Anna

Anna

Good job standing your ground. Definitely stand your ground to get the salary you feel like you deserve. If you take a job for less than you are happy with then you'll always resent them for not paying you enough. That makes for a pretty crappy work environment.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Good job standing your ground. Definitely stand your ground to get the salary you feel like you deserve. If you take a job for less than you are happy with then you'll always resent them for not paying you enough. That makes for a pretty crappy work environment.

I got a software job in 90 when there was a national shortage of trained people. Great money. Few years later there was a flood of people coming out of colleges with software degrees and they hired skilled people below their grade for peanuts. Few more years they were expanding and there was another shortage so they had to hire people at grades above their skill level for mega money. How much you earned depended on when you were hired, the result was resentment and turnover. Employers like to take advantage of changes in the job market but it backfires on them over time.

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2014
    United States
    To add some levity to the situation i got me some cool activities planned for wednesday night and thursday morning.
    My pops is getting a test done on thursday so he needs 2 enemas,one the night before and one on the morning of the test...

View attachment 887941

Yay me!! :banana::banana:

Meh,you gotta do what you gotta do,it's just me and my pops,that is our family.
    We got no one else so if this is something i gotta do..I'll do it.

P.s. in retrospect the :banana: emoji isn't the best emoji to use in a post that is enema related
    just sayin'
    I gave my husband 2 enemas for procedures. He knows I luv him! You love your pops! Position for enema is always laying on the left side. Good luck!

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Justified is great, I watched most of it but the husband got too creeped out by creepy eyed dude because he (apparently) like, looked just like the best frenemy the husband had growing up, he would do stuff like put fire crackers in the husband's mailbox for NO REASON and etc. It was pretty crazy. I ALSO got irritated with the show because the main character banged everything that moved and I got tired for waiting for him to show up at my house while the husband was out. Yeah. It was bad for both of us.

SO. NM did call (kinda) by emailing me there were too many Indian preference applicants and like, that was GALLUP NM (not the LOVELIEST place of all time) and a supervisory job so I am NOT holding my breath on other IHS jobs. The dude could not offer me more dough. I think this would be the case for every job , you start at the bottom of the ladder if you have no federal experience.

But, the husband is DYING to move there, I kind of am too, housing is so CHEAP man, or land that's easy to deal with. Most of the jobs I have coming up, okay maybe my starting salary would be 4 k more or whatever, but the cost of living is more, the cost of housing is more , it is not beautifully rural but small enough to like get to decent healthcare. Douglas has REALLY taught me that matters.

Since I got a 20K location bonus, for BEING in Douglas because it DOES suck so hard, well, I must say I had to consider my salary artificially inflated and I sure was HAPPY to get the 70K job in Sierra Vista. So, I told the dude to send my tentative job offer, and the husband is CRYING he cried several times, he is a wooded Appalachia boy at heart, with mountains and I have to agree it is INCREDIBLE there.

I really liked the team a bunch and whatnot, and I told the guy there are certainly more important things than money to an offer and I really did LIKE the folks who I talked to. Although I will say it's kinda odd to accept a job in a location you have not seen (I mean the work area) and people who don't even know what you LOOK like and vice versa. So he sent it, and since I PROMISED the husband after EVERYTHING I put him through, like, he could have input we are accepting on Monday, I think. None of the other jobs coming up are particularly "better" and more interesting to me in any way, and if I am not going to work with the native population which like, it appears NOT, well, I must say the only part of the VA I am *remotely* hearing satisfaction with is like, Subsistence Use Services, and all that jazz. I like veterans who are substance abusers and they like me right back. I also like WV and its ways the pace of life is not frenetic and you would be shocked at the intelligence there when you like, actually meet people and see what they can do.

So I'm all good with it honestly. I think it will work out fine, and it's not like I will not rise up the grades as my goal is to have a job I can LIKE for a LONG time, and not get into conflicts with and well a VA in Rural WV works for me, for that. WV just has a tolerance for personalities. It has to LOL.

So yup, taking it, and the husband keeps being like full of gratitude. If I had some sort of like job I was DYING to take, well, I would wait, but there really isn't anything better if I am going to start at like G12 grade 1 for all of them.

So I am just going to remind me that the extra 20K in my salary is for dealing like dudes like Sean Spurr ,DO and see how it goes etc.

Anna

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    AC has been cleaned and checked. The guy that did it is the same one who sold it to me, and he just happens to be an old friend of my son’s Dad. I bought the unit four years ago at a reduced price because my ex talked to the owner who he also worked for back in the day and got me a discount. :lol: Anyway, he added some more refrigerant to it and now it’s working great. Busy couple of days but I got so much accomplished. Next up is getting trees cut. :) I’m on a roll.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    AC has been cleaned and checked. The guy that did it is the same one who sold it to me, and he just happens to be an old friend of my son’s Dad. I bought the unit four years ago at a reduced price because my ex talked to the owner who he also worked for back in the day and got me a discount. :lol: Anyway, he added some more refrigerant to it and now it’s working great. Busy couple of days but I got so much accomplished. Next up is getting trees cut. :) I’m on a roll.
    You sure are :thumbs:

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland

Anna

Anna
    “Find a job you enjoy doing, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”

― Mark Twain

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    My son’s friend’s family is in the septic business so I’ll be lining them up tomorrow. Crappy job but somebody’s gotta do it.
    When the guys came and serviced our septic tank, I must have made "crappy" jokes for a straight hour... it was just too easy (not to them, but to my friends after they left) I doubt they would have cared... probably heard them all before ;)

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I usually vape through steeping. It's cool to see flavor profiles changing everyday. Also I noticed that vaping through steeping speeds up the process, probably because you move the bottle quite often and slightly warm it up with your hand every time you touch it.That's my theory anyway
    I do that too (as a learning process)... and give it a quick shake for good luck. It can be really interesting following the progress (almost always for the better) but the one that surprised me was how fast some lemons fade... a week or so later I was wondering "where did the lemon go?"

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    What a ride home from work today. This truck was going slow in the right lane so I hopped over in the left to pass. I didn’t notice until I went to get back over that he had purposely sped up to not let me over. There was a merge sign a 1/4-1/2 mile ahead. I got up to about 70 when I noticed what he was doing. As I got closer I could see the left lane wasn’t closed so I punched it and got over three cars ahead of him but did flip the bird to him right before I sped up. He ended up taking one exit before mine. I just don’t understand people like that. I’m normally not an aggressive driver but I seriously considered inching over and forcing him into the shoulder.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    The husband was all like, "I bet they told you not to vape." I did actually ask and the doc was like, "Um no, based on the smoking history you gave me vape, if it's what keeps you from smoking." I was like super happy about that.
    :thumb: Some of the docs actually get it. Even my dentist (right before he was going to pull two large molars... I have big roots) I knew I would just be waiting for 20 minutes anyway so I asked if I could slip outside and vape (I was nervous) and he totally got it. BTW, he was barely strong enough to pull those suckers but did a great job and I so appreciated him not trippin about the vape thing. Even my regular doc said my lungs seemed fine (told him I smoked a pack a day for 40 years) also said my oxygen reading was great. Told him I vaped and he was like "it's still nicotine but if it got you off smoking that's great".

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    What a ride home from work today. This truck was going slow in the right lane so I hopped over in the left to pass. I didn’t notice until I went to get back over that he had purposely sped up to not let me over. There was a merge sign a 1/4-1/2 mile ahead. I got up to about 70 when I noticed what he was doing. As I got closer I could see the left lane wasn’t closed so I punched it and got over three cars ahead of him but did flip the bird to him right before I sped up. He ended up taking one exit before mine. I just don’t understand people like that. I’m normally not an aggressive driver but I seriously considered inching over and forcing him into the shoulder.
    Jerks everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread