ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
My rather simple vanilla/cream...

FA Madagascar (vanilla classic) 3.5%
FA Vienna Cream 1%
FLV Cream 6-8 drops (it's strong flavor)
INW Shisha Vanilla 1%

It's nice by itself but also serves as a good base for many other flavors.

For a vanilla change-up/brightener I'll add 1% FW French Vanilla.

When I'm feeling like a darker earthy vanilla I'll swap the FA Madagascar for FA Vanilla Bourbon 3% and raise the Vienna cream to 1.5%.

There are other vanillas/creams/custards I swap in/out all the time.

I'm not into sweet juices so I generally don't use any sweeteners etc.. Besides creams can do that very nicely.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
Maybe I will just have a fever for the rest of my life and adapt, and be like "I am doing my part for global warming." Etc.

I don't want to give your whole post a "funny" because most parts were serious ( I think) but the line above really cracked me up.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I cleaned up this whole crapola 'cause Just Wow you guys.
Please keep in mind it's not just 'the regular posters' reading this thread - it's open to the world.
Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 636)

...and a few need to read the rules...

Forum Rules

8. Courtesy
a. Members must be polite at all times. When addressing another Forum user, you will be polite. Courteous discussion is welcome here but heated and abusive argument is not. If attacked you are not allowed to respond in kind. Instead use the Private Message system and try to resolve matters privately and amicably. If problems persist ask for the help of a Moderator.

9. Personal attacks
You can disagree with the subject matter of a post, but never personally attack the poster - “Attack the post, not the poster”. Treat people as you would like to be treated yourself: with courtesy.

11. Trolling ('fishing expeditions' in search of a strong reaction)
Trolling includes but is not restricted to:
  • Posting something deliberately inflammatory - either to start a 'flame war' or simply to cause difficulties for the Moderators.
  • Engaging in behaviour which is disruptive to the general operation of the Forum.
15. Freedom of speech
Your contribution to this forum is not a right but a privilege. As this is a private website there is no public right to freedom of speech. The rules we have in place are to protect the site, and to provide a convivial environment for our Members. In short: we decide what is permissible or not permissible.

So...yea...all that.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Has anyone tried OMG! By molinberry? Soft vanilla cupcake topped with cocoa milk cream finished with a hint of chocolate shake. :drool: Definitely on my wishlist.
Haven't tried it. I've had bad experiences with other chocolates either having a weird plastic taste or just being off.

Fran, and others, like WF Chocolate Chunks, VT Chocolate Mousse, VT Dark Chocolate and MB Glamour Chocolate.

Next order I'll pickup WF chocolate chunks, VT dark choclate and MB Glamour choc.. I recently bought VT choc. mousse but haven't tried it yet.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Life it runs out. I grabbed a bunch of flavors to work on my Mango Lassi. It is definitely gonna have to be a dilution due to the unripe mango (which is not candy at all, it tastes like the real thing and it is YUMMY but also is strong as all get out, I would still use it in the recipe and I think it would work at 0.5% or less.

Then I was like, "I'm gonna drown out the mango with some other mangoes. I made a third dilution of the mix, it is fixable. In one, I am going to up mango and the various cream/yoghurts I use, in one I will combat with sweet mango only and maybe a smidge of my eggnog mix but like a TINY bit. The 2nd one, I am just gonna up the Indian mango and creams. The third one, I am going to try and balance what I have. It's all out waiting but I had to go to dollar general, and I wanted to do yoga upon my return but I decide, eh, too much, too soon. The husband says I look better, fever is down, and like I am HAPPY I have decided for SURE I think " WV 'R US." There is so much more to happiness than money. The hobbit is so happy he just wants to love on me. Then my mom texted me "How am I doing" so I sent her the link to "Bury a friend"
billie elish bury a friend - Bing
(Not really safe for work the video anyway)

and told my mom she could read it and well I would provide relevant details. Including how I did not know how she survived 5 years of high dose steroids. Etc. And my plan to live to Appalachia and be happy. Because in Appalachia let me tell you "YOU are YOU." People will come at you with guns and large dogs if you demand they change for society's comfort. I told the husband it was job numero uno. I told my mom I was slightly better. She watched the song, laughed, and said, "Oh that good eh?"

Once I defrost I am gonna have fun playing around with my mixes and it was very important since I was in the scary garage, well I MAY have found my best one shot, here is hoping but I also got out spotted dick I mean I LOVE that and also it's hard (for me) to get my supplies out and like, do very few things. I am going to have to take careful notes on the lassi since I am doing a dilution.

Ooof. That is gonna be hard. I have steroid brain mush. I KNOW I asked the husband once if it was Saturday but I forgot the answer, and like, well, I had to check my calendar. Glad it is.

I have decided on taking extra ambien and benzos all at the same time (I mean a reasonable amount) in the dark room next to the husband and vape and beverage if needed but JUST not getting up.
Anna

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana

FA Vienna Cream 1%
INW Shisha Vanilla 1%

When I'm feeling like a darker earthy vanilla I'll swap the FA Madagascar for FA Vanilla Bourbon 3% and raise the Vienna cream to 1.5%.

I'm not into sweet juices so I generally don't use any sweeteners etc.. Besides creams can do that very nicely.

Posts like this make me realise how feeble my taste buds are. Like I've tried using various vanilla flavors and I really can't tell any difference. I generally throw some French vanilla and sweet cream or graham cracker in everything. I tried different amounts of them but it didn't seem to matter.

There are some flavors that really come through for me, like marzipan and ginger. That makes me think it's more complicated than just weak taste buds. I can't taste strawberry at all, that one is true for a lot of people. Fruit did nothing for me for a long time, they all seemed weak and tasteless, but now I'm starting to use a lot of fruit flavors. Especially Mango and Papaya. Part of the story is taste buds recovering from smoking but it's been 6 years for me so I should be past that by now. Maybe an expert in how taste buds work could explain it.

I just discovered raspberry, through trying Bronze's recipe. I'm loving the raspberry. Going to make a couple more mixes with it sometime soon.

Today I decided to start putting up the swimming pool. It goes in a fenced off area behind the garage which had turned into a jungle. Vines grew up the fences and spread out so I had to cut them down. Last year I didn't do anything with the area next to where the pool goes. The weeds were taller than me and assorted vines were growing through them. I cut down a bunch back there and got into poison ivy. Hauled the brush into the woods across the road. Tomorrow I have to go over the actual pool area. The tarp I laid down last fall got blown around so weeds grew where the pool sits. Need to rough up the surface and level it. I should do all that every year and it wouldn't get so bad but the last couple of years I was babysitting a 5 year old GGD and got behind on yard work. Right now I hurt all over and I've got ivy rashes on my hands and forearms. Even sitting in this chair hurts.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
This sounds

FA Vienna Cream 1%
INW Shisha Vanilla 1%

This sounds yummy! I'll be mixing up some of this too. How long should I steep it for it to be good and how much longer should I steep it for it to be extra good??

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Life it runs out. I grabbed a bunch of flavors to work on my Mango Lassi. It is definitely gonna have to be a dilution due to the unripe mango (which is not candy at all, it tastes like the real thing and it is YUMMY but also is strong as all get out, I would still use it in the recipe and I think it would work at 0.5% or less.

Then I was like, "I'm gonna drown out the mango with some other mangoes. I made a third dilution of the mix, it is fixable. In one, I am going to up mango and the various cream/yoghurts I use, in one I will combat with sweet mango only and maybe a smidge of my eggnog mix but like a TINY bit. The 2nd one, I am just gonna up the Indian mango and creams. The third one, I am going to try and balance what I have. It's all out waiting but I had to go to dollar general, and I wanted to do yoga upon my return but I decide, eh, too much, too soon. The husband says I look better, fever is down, and like I am HAPPY I have decided for SURE I think " WV 'R US." There is so much more to happiness than money. The hobbit is so happy he just wants to love on me. Then my mom texted me "How am I doing" so I sent her the link to "Bury a friend"
    billie elish bury a friend - Bing
    (Not really safe for work the video anyway)

and told my mom she could read it and well I would provide relevant details. Including how I did not know how she survived 5 years of high dose steroids. Etc. And my plan to live to Appalachia and be happy. Because in Appalachia let me tell you "YOU are YOU." People will come at you with guns and large dogs if you demand they change for society's comfort. I told the husband it was job numero uno. I told my mom I was slightly better. She watched the song, laughed, and said, "Oh that good eh?"

Once I defrost I am gonna have fun playing around with my mixes and it was very important since I was in the scary garage, well I MAY have found my best one shot, here is hoping but I also got out spotted dick I mean I LOVE that and also it's hard (for me) to get my supplies out and like, do very few things. I am going to have to take careful notes on the lassi since I am doing a dilution.

Ooof. That is gonna be hard. I have steroid brain mush. I KNOW I asked the husband once if it was Saturday but I forgot the answer, and like, well, I had to check my calendar. Glad it is.

I have decided on taking extra ambien and benzos all at the same time (I mean a reasonable amount) in the dark room next to the husband and vape and beverage if needed but JUST not getting up.
    Anna
    Don’t do your dilutions while brain is mush. try to get a good nights sleep first.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Posts like this make me realise how feeble my taste buds are. Like I've tried using various vanilla flavors and I really can't tell any difference. I generally throw some French vanilla and sweet cream or graham cracker in everything. I tried different amounts of them but it didn't seem to matter.

There are some flavors that really come through for me, like marzipan and ginger. That makes me think it's more complicated than just weak taste buds. I can't taste strawberry at all, that one is true for a lot of people. Fruit did nothing for me for a long time, they all seemed weak and tasteless, but now I'm starting to use a lot of fruit flavors. Especially Mango and Papaya. Part of the story is taste buds recovering from smoking but it's been 6 years for me so I should be past that by now. Maybe an expert in how taste buds work could explain it.

I just discovered raspberry, through trying Bronze's recipe. I'm loving the raspberry. Going to make a couple more mixes with it sometime soon.

Today I decided to start putting up the swimming pool. It goes in a fenced off area behind the garage which had turned into a jungle. Vines grew up the fences and spread out so I had to cut them down. Last year I didn't do anything with the area next to where the pool goes. The weeds were taller than me and assorted vines were growing through them. I cut down a bunch back there and got into poison ivy. Hauled the brush into the woods across the road. Tomorrow I have to go over the actual pool area. The tarp I laid down last fall got blown around so weeds grew where the pool sits. Need to rough up the surface and level it. I should do all that every year and it wouldn't get so bad but the last couple of years I was babysitting a 5 year old GGD and got behind on yard work. Right now I hurt all over and I've got ivy rashes on my hands and forearms. Even sitting in this chair hurts.
    Sounds like you had quite the day with the pool project.

Our taste buds completely regenerate every 10 days to two weeks. Not all people have the same number of taste buds. The average adult has between 2,000 and 10,000 taste buds. from here Taste and Flavor - Taste Bud Facts at WomansDay.com

Found more on taste buds but they got too scientific for me. :blush:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

That does not sound comfy at all.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012

What brand of ginger do you buy? My fav hot tea is a lemon ginger...at least one cup per day...with unsweetened almond or coconut milk. I put flavorah on my list but I’m wondering if there’s a better one.

Raspberry has also become one of my favs because of Bronze’s recipe. So bright and flavorful.

My taste buds start acting up if I don’t drink enough water. I drink a gallon a day normally but if I don’t drink enough I don’t taste things.

I had a pool for seven years...the blue one that you put on the tarp and take it down each year. I loved it but it was a lot of work. All my life I wanted an in-ground pool...until I got that 15’4’ one. Lots of work and now I don’t want to maintain an in ground. My biggest tip to avoid disconnecting the pump from the pool to change the filter like the instructions say (if you have one like mine)...just raise the pump higher than the water level and drop a new filter in. You don’t have to disconnect anything. I would put my pump on my garbage can to change the filter.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    I have managed to lose my envy of my mixed recipes. I know I end up finding everything I lose but geeeze.

It's aggravating! I keep losing some of my flavors. I find them fairly soon, but it's still a pain. I know they are in the cases, but sometimes I put them in the wrong part of the case.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    This sounds yummy! I'll be mixing up some of this too. How long should I steep it for it to be good and how much longer should I steep it for it to be extra good??
    I've vaped it after 5 days and it's very good. If you let it go 10-14 days it will be extra good. I've let it steep for up to a month just to see and I didn't notice much, if any, difference.

I never go heavy on flavors so YMMV. If it's not strong enough for you bump up the FA Madagascar, FA Vienna Cream and INW Shisha Vanilla in like 0.5% increments.

Be careful with bumping up the FLV Cream as it will overpower everything in very short order. I learned that real quick. :facepalm: I would just leave the FLV Cream as is and bump the others. Like many FLV flavors it is strong or rather more highly concentrated. It adds a nice mouthfeel and light creaminess.

I've subbed FLV Whipped Cream for FLV Cream and that also works very nicely. Same 6-8 drops.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    What brand of ginger do you buy? My fav hot tea is a lemon ginger...at least one cup per day...with unsweetened almond or coconut milk. I put flavorah on my list but I’m wondering if there’s a better one.

I use TFA Ginger Ale. Quite tasty on its own, but I spice it up with TFA Gingerbread Extra Ginger. The Ginger Ale is quite weak, the Extra Ginger is strong. I use 8% ginger ale and 2% extra ginger and 2% sweet cream. Also 1% sweetener. It's the only thing I use sweetener in, for me the ginger really needs it. Nobody sells the Extra Ginger any more. I had to get it from the manufacturer, and they only sell it in 4oz bottles or 10ml samples.

I got some Flavorah Ginger when I couldn't get Extra Ginger and it didn't do the job for me. Also tried Capella Gingerbread in place of the ginger ale and that didn't work either. All a matter of taste though. If you like ginger you should try a few of them and see what works for you.

Users who are viewing this thread