The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JustWondering1

JustWondering1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2015
    This sounds
    This sounds yummy! I'll be mixing up some of this too. How long should I steep it for it to be good and how much longer should I steep it for it to be extra good??

• Like Like x 4
  2. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Don’t do your dilutions while brain is mush. try to get a good nights sleep first.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice PlusOnceMore ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sounds like you had quite the day with the pool project.

Our taste buds completely regenerate every 10 days to two weeks. Not all people have the same number of taste buds. The average adult has between 2,000 and 10,000 taste buds. from here Taste and Flavor - Taste Bud Facts at WomansDay.com

Found more on taste buds but they got too scientific for me. :blush:

• Like Like x 9
  4. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That does not sound comfy at all.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. DLKnives

DLKnives Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    That's fascinating! If I knew it I forgot it.

• Like Like x 5
  6. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have managed to lose my envy of my mixed recipes. I know I end up finding everything I lose but geeeze.

• Like Like x 4
  7. *RJ*

*RJ* Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    What brand of ginger do you buy? My fav hot tea is a lemon ginger...at least one cup per day...with unsweetened almond or coconut milk. I put flavorah on my list but I’m wondering if there’s a better one.

Raspberry has also become one of my favs because of Bronze’s recipe. So bright and flavorful.

My taste buds start acting up if I don’t drink enough water. I drink a gallon a day normally but if I don’t drink enough I don’t taste things.

I had a pool for seven years...the blue one that you put on the tarp and take it down each year. I loved it but it was a lot of work. All my life I wanted an in-ground pool...until I got that 15’4’ one. Lots of work and now I don’t want to maintain an in ground. My biggest tip to avoid disconnecting the pump from the pool to change the filter like the instructions say (if you have one like mine)...just raise the pump higher than the water level and drop a new filter in. You don’t have to disconnect anything. I would put my pump on my garbage can to change the filter.

• Like Like x 6
  8. JustWondering1

JustWondering1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2015
    It's aggravating! I keep losing some of my flavors. I find them fairly soon, but it's still a pain. I know they are in the cases, but sometimes I put them in the wrong part of the case.

• Like Like x 5
  9. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I did a sample tonight with 4% sweet raspberry.

• Like Like x 5
  10. ShowMeTwice

Supporting member
    I've vaped it after 5 days and it's very good. If you let it go 10-14 days it will be extra good. I've let it steep for up to a month just to see and I didn't notice much, if any, difference.

I never go heavy on flavors so YMMV. If it's not strong enough for you bump up the FA Madagascar, FA Vienna Cream and INW Shisha Vanilla in like 0.5% increments.

Be careful with bumping up the FLV Cream as it will overpower everything in very short order. I learned that real quick. :facepalm: I would just leave the FLV Cream as is and bump the others. Like many FLV flavors it is strong or rather more highly concentrated. It adds a nice mouthfeel and light creaminess.

I've subbed FLV Whipped Cream for FLV Cream and that also works very nicely. Same 6-8 drops.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I wouldn’t want to guess at what I used cause I’d probably be wrong. Still haven’t tried it. It will be next.

• Like Like x 4
  12. englishmick

englishmick Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I use TFA Ginger Ale. Quite tasty on its own, but I spice it up with TFA Gingerbread Extra Ginger. The Ginger Ale is quite weak, the Extra Ginger is strong. I use 8% ginger ale and 2% extra ginger and 2% sweet cream. Also 1% sweetener. It's the only thing I use sweetener in, for me the ginger really needs it. Nobody sells the Extra Ginger any more. I had to get it from the manufacturer, and they only sell it in 4oz bottles or 10ml samples.

I got some Flavorah Ginger when I couldn't get Extra Ginger and it didn't do the job for me. Also tried Capella Gingerbread in place of the ginger ale and that didn't work either. All a matter of taste though. If you like ginger you should try a few of them and see what works for you.

• Like Like x 7
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @stols001 Where did you get the OOO Green Mango.

• Like Like x 5
  14. englishmick

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Pools are great but they are a lot of work. If I won the lottery an in ground pool with someone to do all the work would be the first thing on my list. Followed by a proper English snooker table.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. ShowMeTwice

Supporting member
    Funny story, but true. Two years ago after I had routine bloodwork done my doctor called and asked "how much water do you drink a day". I drank approximately 4-6 16oz glasses p/day. She popped a major doctors cork! I got doctor scolded. Told me "that is way too much" and "drinking too much water can kill you".

I asked her "what am I supposed to do when I get thirsty". She said, take a small sip of water. Like that solves a major thirst situation. It doesn't. But I do drink less. :lol:

Who knew? I didn't. In fact after I got off the phone with her I looked it up and was stunned. Still am.

Google "drinking too much water can kill you".

ETA: Health authorities commonly recommend eight 8-ounce glasses, which equals about 2 liters, or half a gallon.

• Like Like x 5
  16. *RJ*

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    It’s true...but as I understand it you have to drink too much too fast. There are documented deaths of people in contests and such guzzling water and it kills them. I forgot what it’s called...water toxicity or something like that. I’ve been drinking a gallon per day since around 2014. I don’t feel right if I don't get enough water. It was life changing for me. Of course I start drinking it in the morning and drink it all the way to bedtime so it’s spread out over the day. It also depends on your activity level and gender, etc.

• Like Like x 5
  17. *RJ*

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Yep...I would definitely have to get a pool person. It is relaxing to clean a pool but it gets old real fast.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  18. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    My wife has mentioned getting a pool before but it’s not a simple task. We would have to have a fence built and pay someone to move the underground sprinklers. It would be a pretty expensive project.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Very expensive

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. englishmick

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I did maintenance work in group homes for a while. At one time people who couldn't take care of themselves were kept in institutions. Drinking huge amounts of water was common in those places. Apparently it gets you high. But the dose that gives the high is pretty close to the fatal dose. Decades ago they closed those institutions, which were horrible places, and moved the residents to group homes. They could never be left alone anywhere they had access to water. There's a name for excessive water drinking.

Edit. It's called polydipsia.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2