Random DIY mixing and More

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I had a pool for seven years...the blue one that you put on the tarp and take it down each year. I loved it but it was a lot of work. All my life I wanted an in-ground pool...until I got that 15’4’ one. Lots of work and now I don’t want to maintain an in ground. My biggest tip to avoid disconnecting the pump from the pool to change the filter like the instructions say (if you have one like mine)...just raise the pump higher than the water level and drop a new filter in. You don’t have to disconnect anything. I would put my pump on my garbage can to change the filter.

Pools are great but they are a lot of work. If I won the lottery an in ground pool with someone to do all the work would be the first thing on my list. Followed by a proper English snooker table.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
My taste buds start acting up if I don’t drink enough water. I drink a gallon a day normally but if I don’t drink enough I don’t taste things.
Funny story, but true. Two years ago after I had routine bloodwork done my doctor called and asked "how much water do you drink a day". I drank approximately 4-6 16oz glasses p/day. She popped a major doctors cork! I got doctor scolded. Told me "that is way too much" and "drinking too much water can kill you".

I asked her "what am I supposed to do when I get thirsty". She said, take a small sip of water. Like that solves a major thirst situation. It doesn't. But I do drink less. :lol:

Who knew? I didn't. In fact after I got off the phone with her I looked it up and was stunned. Still am.

Google "drinking too much water can kill you".

ETA: Health authorities commonly recommend eight 8-ounce glasses, which equals about 2 liters, or half a gallon.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
Funny story, but true. Two years ago after I had routine bloodwork done my doctor called and asked "how much water do you drink a day". I drank approximately 4-6 16oz glasses p/day. She popped a major doctors cork! I got doctor scolded. Told me "that is way too much" and "drinking too much water can kill you".

I asked her "what am I supposed to do when I get thirsty". She said, take a small sip of water. Like that solves a major thirst situation. It doesn't. But I do drink less. :lol:

Who knew? I didn't. In fact after I got off the phone with her I looked it up and was stunned. Still am.

Google "drinking too much water can kill you".

ETA: Health authorities commonly recommend eight 8-ounce glasses, which equals about 2 liters, or half a gallon.
It’s true...but as I understand it you have to drink too much too fast. There are documented deaths of people in contests and such guzzling water and it kills them. I forgot what it’s called...water toxicity or something like that. I’ve been drinking a gallon per day since around 2014. I don’t feel right if I don't get enough water. It was life changing for me. Of course I start drinking it in the morning and drink it all the way to bedtime so it’s spread out over the day. It also depends on your activity level and gender, etc.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
Pools are great but they are a lot of work. If I won the lottery an in ground pool with someone to do all the work would be the first thing on my list. Followed by a proper English snooker table.
Yep...I would definitely have to get a pool person. It is relaxing to clean a pool but it gets old real fast.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    My wife has mentioned getting a pool before but it’s not a simple task. We would have to have a fence built and pay someone to move the underground sprinklers. It would be a pretty expensive project.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My wife has mentioned getting a pool before but it’s not a simple task. We would have to have a fence built and pay someone to move the underground sprinklers. It would be a pretty expensive project.
    Very expensive

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    It’s true...but as I understand it you have to drink too much too fast. There are documented deaths of people in contests and such guzzling water and it kills them. I forgot what it’s called...water toxicity or something like that. I’ve been drinking a gallon per day since around 2014. I don’t feel right if I don't get enough water. It was life changing for me. Of course I start drinking it in the morning and drink it all the way to bedtime so it’s spread out over the day. It also depends on your activity level and gender, etc.

I did maintenance work in group homes for a while. At one time people who couldn't take care of themselves were kept in institutions. Drinking huge amounts of water was common in those places. Apparently it gets you high. But the dose that gives the high is pretty close to the fatal dose. Decades ago they closed those institutions, which were horrible places, and moved the residents to group homes. They could never be left alone anywhere they had access to water. There's a name for excessive water drinking.

Edit. It's called polydipsia.

Last edited:

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2014
    I’d go for just the pool toy:

6877193_20190212045504487_1_XLARGE.jpg

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Growing up we had a 24' above ground pool. My dad taught me much of the maintenance and those became part of my chores. Including the shock and chemical thing. Once the pool was ready I was like a fish in water.

I had decent pool parties when my parents were away on vacation. :lol:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Man after dinner like, I had my major mixing fest. I REALLY think I found my elusive adored one shot but not 100% I will see. I mixed some spotted dick and I also tried a new Molinberry because I want to see if they are all good. So those were easy.

Thirding the mango was not but I think it will be useful. The first one, I really tried to go for "lassai" as much as I could, with the smallest squirt of like the nutmeg joose already mixed, and I think it's gonna be good. The second one, I decided to go a bit tropical and added in some... other crap. The last one I just tried to balance out the sour and leave the rest as it is. There was like, division, and addition and other things I did with the calculator. But lets face it I could be FOOLING myself but I did scrawl things down to a certain degree so I could replicate if need be. LOL.

I would vape the first one, but l like I was way too tired after all that. I can do it tomorrow and see if I think there is improvement.

I think there will be in all three but it's hard to not improve on not perfect. I take that back actually.... One can go from bad to worse with ease.

I like totally changed all my meds around I am taking all the ones that knock you out last. The husband was like, "Bring what you NEED bring whatever you need to bed, just get in it by 11 and don't leave." I was like, "I can have a puppy?"

He was like "NO. Anna... every time?" Also, he has been reviewing my short term disability company and it's not even fully INCORPERATED here! He sent me a link to consumer complaints and they are VERY FUNNY EXCEPT if you are subsumed under that disability company. I was like, "GAKKK!" I am calling SSI on Monday I cannot be without insurance and I would have done it a TON sooner only, well, I have been SO SICK I HAVE DONE NOT MUCH let alone contact SSI. Although to be fair if I resign we will be so poor and march down and have AHCCS which covers few of my drugs and none of my psychiatrist but there is not much I can do about that.

I really just am gonna resign I think. It's gonna be better. I can also sue them more easily should I decide oh my life is boring.

If they try to charge me for my insurance, I am going to let them know they can "deduct that" from my ah bonus check I will not receive. If I have to go to HR to duke it out, I am going to sneeze on the head of HR because she is... .evil.

I did ask the husband to straighten out the tangled bed sheets because it will be dark when I enter the room and I will not be able to see. That took some negotiating. I had to say "Please." LOL.

Anna

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2014
    Well, I’ve been reading up on TFA Smooth, as well as similar products from other companies, and it apparently has some potential to be a tank cracker and possibly eating o rings.

Hmmm...

It does what it says on the tin however, and appears to be used in a number of commercial juices.

The active ingredient is Triacetin.

There is a bit about testicular atrophy, and uterine discoloration, in tests on rats at high dosage levels, as well as production of all the bad chemicals.

I’d take that last bit with a grain of salt, but still:

:shock:

Reactions: stols001

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Well, I’ve been reading up on TFA Smooth, as well as similar products from other companies, and it apparently has some potential to be a tank cracker and possibly eating o rings.

Hmmm...

It does what it says on the tin however, and appears to be used in a number of commercial juices.

The active ingredient is Triacetin.

There is a bit about testicular atrophy, and uterine discoloration, in tests on rats at high dosage levels, as well as production of all the bad chemicals.

I’d take that last bit with a grain of salt, but still:

:shock:
    Doesn’t sound very “Smooth” at all :lol:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Growing up we had a 24' above ground pool. My dad taught me much of the maintenance and those became part of my chores. Including the shock and chemical thing. Once the pool was ready I was like a fish in water.

I had decent pool parties when my parents were away on vacation. :lol:
    I had pool (table) parties when my parents were away. A pool sounds like more fun.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Man after dinner like, I had my major mixing fest. I REALLY think I found my elusive adored one shot but not 100% I will see. I mixed some spotted dick and I also tried a new Molinberry because I want to see if they are all good. So those were easy.

Thirding the mango was not but I think it will be useful. The first one, I really tried to go for "lassai" as much as I could, with the smallest squirt of like the nutmeg joose already mixed, and I think it's gonna be good. The second one, I decided to go a bit tropical and added in some... other crap. The last one I just tried to balance out the sour and leave the rest as it is. There was like, division, and addition and other things I did with the calculator. But lets face it I could be FOOLING myself but I did scrawl things down to a certain degree so I could replicate if need be. LOL.

I would vape the first one, but l like I was way too tired after all that. I can do it tomorrow and see if I think there is improvement.

I think there will be in all three but it's hard to not improve on not perfect. I take that back actually.... One can go from bad to worse with ease.

I like totally changed all my meds around I am taking all the ones that knock you out last. The husband was like, "Bring what you NEED bring whatever you need to bed, just get in it by 11 and don't leave." I was like, "I can have a puppy?"

He was like "NO. Anna... every time?" Also, he has been reviewing my short term disability company and it's not even fully INCORPERATED here! He sent me a link to consumer complaints and they are VERY FUNNY EXCEPT if you are subsumed under that disability company. I was like, "GAKKK!" I am calling SSI on Monday I cannot be without insurance and I would have done it a TON sooner only, well, I have been SO SICK I HAVE DONE NOT MUCH let alone contact SSI. Although to be fair if I resign we will be so poor and march down and have AHCCS which covers few of my drugs and none of my psychiatrist but there is not much I can do about that.

I really just am gonna resign I think. It's gonna be better. I can also sue them more easily should I decide oh my life is boring.

If they try to charge me for my insurance, I am going to let them know they can "deduct that" from my ah bonus check I will not receive. If I have to go to HR to duke it out, I am going to sneeze on the head of HR because she is... .evil.

I did ask the husband to straighten out the tangled bed sheets because it will be dark when I enter the room and I will not be able to see. That took some negotiating. I had to say "Please." LOL.

Anna
    I hope your mixes turn out perfect. You should not quit until you have accepted a job at which point you can borrow money from your Mommy and git.

Users who are viewing this thread