The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Nailz

Nailz Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Just tested my banana honeycomb custard after a weeks steep, and already is really good, the banana has mellowed down a bit now, so not overpowering it anymore, was going to test it each week for a month, but my wife tried it and loved it, so she has stole the tester bottle, guess need to get scales back out tomorrow and do a bigger bottle.

Also tested the sugar cookie that was posted in here, was surprised, for only 2 flavors, it is really good, see a bigger bottle of that being mixed tomorrow too :)

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice PlusOnceMore ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Howdy DIY'ers. Mixed up a big batch of my simple vanillas today. :D
    80315143.jpg

• Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 3
  3. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Nope, not freshly. I was planning on it soon, it still SMELLS like lassi. I wish I'd known how strong the green mango is (one on one flavors) (Which is a flavor you would LOVE honestly, it's very tart but tastes like mango. It's also VERY strong I may have to do some dilution and like, well, some adding the rest of the recipe without adding any more sour, it's a bit overpowering. I think I will bathe shortly and I do have some vaping tasks to do and whatnot, I am not good for much requiring brain power. I do need to tame that Brunhilde tank before it attacks me in the night. Heh.

Anna

• Like Like x 9
  4. *RJ*

*RJ* Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Caramel and licorice is the something I couldn’t put my finger on. And I guess licorice is the “fruit” I was tasting. I don’t taste coffee which is fine by me as me and coffee vapes have had enough of each other lately. This is really unique. Do I taste a touch of honey? That may be the caramel.

I vaped it through detailing the inside of my car. It wasn’t even real bad but that took forever. I have a Toyota rav4 with no leather seats. I miss my leather seats. I miss my heated seats. I had a Chevy trailblazer for over 13 years and that thing was fancy. I loved that car but I thought I’d try a Toyota and the TB was leaking oil and it was having issues. I’ll wash it tomorrow as I’m hot and tired. Whew.

• Like Like x 8
  5. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That’s funny . Hope your wife enjoys it.

• Like Like x 4
  6. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Sounds good and more than I did :lol:

• Like Like x 4
  7. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    OMG ,you are funny too but I hope that tank doesn’t attack you. Thanks for the heads up on a tart flavor:thumbs:

• Like Like x 5
  8. CaveFurby
    This message by CaveFurby has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, May 31, 2020, Reason: Cleaning up.
    May 30, 2020
  9. JustWondering1
    This message by JustWondering1 has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, May 31, 2020, Reason: Cleaning up.
    May 30, 2020
  10. ShowMeTwice
    This message by ShowMeTwice has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, May 31, 2020, Reason: Cleaning up.
    May 30, 2020
  11. hittman
    This message by hittman has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, May 31, 2020, Reason: Cleaning up.
    May 30, 2020
  12. FranC
    This message by FranC has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, May 31, 2020, Reason: Cleaning up.
    May 30, 2020
  13. FranC
    This message by FranC has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, May 31, 2020, Reason: Cleaning up.
    May 30, 2020
  14. FranC
    May 30, 2020
  15. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Fran, did you mix the yoghurt drink yet? I was thinking about doing that tonight but was having a hard time deciding what fruit to add to it.

• Like Like x 5
  16. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I did. I’ll see if I can dig up my recipe to see what I used.

• Like Like x 5
  17. ShowMeTwice

Supporting member
    I bought Molinberry's melty caramel a while back. Poured some of my aged vanilla/cream into a 5ml btl and added 6 drops of the caramel today.

It might need help from some other caramels but first I wanted to try it alone in a recipe I know well.

Me being, me lol... could not wait and just had to drip a little. It's tasty but I'll have a much better idea after a week or so. :D

• Like Like x 10
  18. JustWondering1

JustWondering1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2015
    It sure sounds like it will be good to me! Let us know what the post-steep verdict is.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  19. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That would be tasty in rl but too sweet for me to vape.

• Like Like x 4
  20. stols001
    This message by stols001 has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, May 31, 2020, Reason: Not appropriate.
    May 31, 2020
  21. ShowMeTwice

Supporting member
    My rather simple vanilla/cream...

FA Madagascar (vanilla classic) 3.5%
    FA Vienna Cream 1%
    FLV Cream 6-8 drops (it's strong flavor)
    INW Shisha Vanilla 1%

It's nice by itself but also serves as a good base for many other flavors.

For a vanilla change-up/brightener I'll add 1% FW French Vanilla.

When I'm feeling like a darker earthy vanilla I'll swap the FA Madagascar for FA Vanilla Bourbon 3% and raise the Vienna cream to 1.5%.

There are other vanillas/creams/custards I swap in/out all the time.

I'm not into sweet juices so I generally don't use any sweeteners etc.. Besides creams can do that very nicely.

• Like Like x 9
    • Useful Useful x 2
  22. *RJ*

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Has anyone tried OMG! By molinberry? Soft vanilla cupcake topped with cocoa milk cream finished with a hint of chocolate shake. :drool: Definitely on my wishlist.

• Like Like x 8
  23. Wow1420

Wow1420 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2013
    Somewhere out there
    I don't want to give your whole post a "funny" because most parts were serious ( I think) but the line above really cracked me up.

• Like Like x 7
  24. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I cleaned up this whole crapola 'cause Just Wow you guys.
    Please keep in mind it's not just 'the regular posters' reading this thread - it's open to the world.
    Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 636)

...and a few need to read the rules...

Forum Rules

8. Courtesy
    a. Members must be polite at all times. When addressing another Forum user, you will be polite. Courteous discussion is welcome here but heated and abusive argument is not. If attacked you are not allowed to respond in kind. Instead use the Private Message system and try to resolve matters privately and amicably. If problems persist ask for the help of a Moderator.

9. Personal attacks
    You can disagree with the subject matter of a post, but never personally attack the poster - “Attack the post, not the poster”. Treat people as you would like to be treated yourself: with courtesy.

11. Trolling ('fishing expeditions' in search of a strong reaction)
    Trolling includes but is not restricted to:
    • Posting something deliberately inflammatory - either to start a 'flame war' or simply to cause difficulties for the Moderators.
    • Engaging in behaviour which is disruptive to the general operation of the Forum.
    15. Freedom of speech
    Your contribution to this forum is not a right but a privilege. As this is a private website there is no public right to freedom of speech. The rules we have in place are to protect the site, and to provide a convivial environment for our Members. In short: we decide what is permissible or not permissible.

So...yea...all that.

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 2
  25. ShowMeTwice

Supporting member
    Haven't tried it. I've had bad experiences with other chocolates either having a weird plastic taste or just being off.

Fran, and others, like WF Chocolate Chunks, VT Chocolate Mousse, VT Dark Chocolate and MB Glamour Chocolate.

Next order I'll pickup WF chocolate chunks, VT dark choclate and MB Glamour choc.. I recently bought VT choc. mousse but haven't tried it yet.

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 1
  26. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Life it runs out. I grabbed a bunch of flavors to work on my Mango Lassi. It is definitely gonna have to be a dilution due to the unripe mango (which is not candy at all, it tastes like the real thing and it is YUMMY but also is strong as all get out, I would still use it in the recipe and I think it would work at 0.5% or less.

Then I was like, "I'm gonna drown out the mango with some other mangoes. I made a third dilution of the mix, it is fixable. In one, I am going to up mango and the various cream/yoghurts I use, in one I will combat with sweet mango only and maybe a smidge of my eggnog mix but like a TINY bit. The 2nd one, I am just gonna up the Indian mango and creams. The third one, I am going to try and balance what I have. It's all out waiting but I had to go to dollar general, and I wanted to do yoga upon my return but I decide, eh, too much, too soon. The husband says I look better, fever is down, and like I am HAPPY I have decided for SURE I think " WV 'R US." There is so much more to happiness than money. The hobbit is so happy he just wants to love on me. Then my mom texted me "How am I doing" so I sent her the link to "Bury a friend"
    billie elish bury a friend - Bing
    (Not really safe for work the video anyway)

and told my mom she could read it and well I would provide relevant details. Including how I did not know how she survived 5 years of high dose steroids. Etc. And my plan to live to Appalachia and be happy. Because in Appalachia let me tell you "YOU are YOU." People will come at you with guns and large dogs if you demand they change for society's comfort. I told the husband it was job numero uno. I told my mom I was slightly better. She watched the song, laughed, and said, "Oh that good eh?"

Once I defrost I am gonna have fun playing around with my mixes and it was very important since I was in the scary garage, well I MAY have found my best one shot, here is hoping but I also got out spotted dick I mean I LOVE that and also it's hard (for me) to get my supplies out and like, do very few things. I am going to have to take careful notes on the lassi since I am doing a dilution.

Ooof. That is gonna be hard. I have steroid brain mush. I KNOW I asked the husband once if it was Saturday but I forgot the answer, and like, well, I had to check my calendar. Glad it is.

I have decided on taking extra ambien and benzos all at the same time (I mean a reasonable amount) in the dark room next to the husband and vape and beverage if needed but JUST not getting up.
    Anna

• Like Like x 8
  27. *RJ*

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Another one I just added to my wishlist. :drool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. englishmick

englishmick Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Posts like this make me realise how feeble my taste buds are. Like I've tried using various vanilla flavors and I really can't tell any difference. I generally throw some French vanilla and sweet cream or graham cracker in everything. I tried different amounts of them but it didn't seem to matter.

There are some flavors that really come through for me, like marzipan and ginger. That makes me think it's more complicated than just weak taste buds. I can't taste strawberry at all, that one is true for a lot of people. Fruit did nothing for me for a long time, they all seemed weak and tasteless, but now I'm starting to use a lot of fruit flavors. Especially Mango and Papaya. Part of the story is taste buds recovering from smoking but it's been 6 years for me so I should be past that by now. Maybe an expert in how taste buds work could explain it.

I just discovered raspberry, through trying Bronze's recipe. I'm loving the raspberry. Going to make a couple more mixes with it sometime soon.

Today I decided to start putting up the swimming pool. It goes in a fenced off area behind the garage which had turned into a jungle. Vines grew up the fences and spread out so I had to cut them down. Last year I didn't do anything with the area next to where the pool goes. The weeds were taller than me and assorted vines were growing through them. I cut down a bunch back there and got into poison ivy. Hauled the brush into the woods across the road. Tomorrow I have to go over the actual pool area. The tarp I laid down last fall got blown around so weeds grew where the pool sits. Need to rough up the surface and level it. I should do all that every year and it wouldn't get so bad but the last couple of years I was babysitting a 5 year old GGD and got behind on yard work. Right now I hurt all over and I've got ivy rashes on my hands and forearms. Even sitting in this chair hurts.

• Like Like x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Love Love x 3