Random DIY mixing and More

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I did say it. I got an "Oh, I don't really feel like doing that, I don't really feel so good."

I refrained from saying, "Oh well, you know, I've gotten really tired of supporting our household, honestly. I don't really feel so good. Why don't you go to work now."

Because sometimes you just gotta let it go. I can just use stuff out of bags and whatever. I mean, it was like what I would do at the Greatly Desiring to Sell it Homestead. Man.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have a Mango Lassi of sorts. It's just not so super sweet. It's in the bottle I heat steeped and I think it's mostly gonna be good, it may or may not need a couple drops of super sweet but unfortunately what it PROBABLY needs is like 6 weeks of steeping. How fun. Oh well.

On future occasions (if there are any, I have a TON of mango mixes at the moment, due to dilutions) I don't think I would use the green mango. At all. It's good but not for this recipe.

Still-- greatly improved. I had fun sorta.

Anna

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I live in a little "cute" town, and at first glance it may seem lost in time like an idyllic town like Mayberry in the Andy Griffith show.. but it's not. It's actually so lost in time, and this area in general, that they are behind the times in just about every way. I see more Confederate flags here than I've seen anywhere, I've even seen White Power flags. What the heck? There are literal neo-nazis here, and also there are lawn and city zoning/code psuedo-nazis. I threatened to sue the city jerkwads after they ordered me to abate(destroy) my strawbale garden(ignorance), and they haven't bothered me since we wrote them a letter.. no response at all. I used to get harassed all the time about my lawn, for no reason at all. Last time they did, I told the guy to eff off and hasn't come back since. Not sure they know how to respond to people who don't bow down to their "Law". People are behind the times in home decoration, fashion. I've seen quite a few sketchy characters that enjoy the bad sort of drugs. But all that said, it's a pretty nice town. We are semi-hermits and keep to ourselves, and it's generally a very safe place. That said, I'm still getting a gun :lol:
The Norman Rockwell idyllic towns don't exist, every place has their own set of problems.. and benefits. It's not all gloom and doom.
Trust no one -Fox Mulder

Are you talking about all the white power and confederate stuff in Corpus? I haven't seen that stuff thank goodness!

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
Are you talking about all the white power and confederate stuff in Corpus? I haven't seen that stuff thank goodness!
No, up in Michigan. I love it in Corpus, I've never witnessed any of that tomfoolery there, I love the diversity there.. and what comes with that diversity? Amazing food and restaurants. There is zilch of that up here, at least in this area. No diversity, no amazing food unless you have a palette of a rock or potato

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    So I made a small order at bcf. The coupon covered shipping. My TFA storage box is full so I’m gonna need a bigger box. I need to start using what I’ve got and quit buying more.

Madagascar vanilla FA
    Ginger ale TFA
    Lemonade cookie TFA
    Ginger NF
    Yes we cheesecake INW

Good luck. It never worked for me saying that. Not sure what I was thinking. I just got a small bcf order and for some reason bought a 2 oz bottle of tfa sweet cream.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    OH MAN I am so frustrated!! It's like insanity dude, this crazy credentialing lady (who is not so mean) well the IDIOTS are like, trying to "finish" only lots of the "finishing" has to do with who asked for what and what damn INBOX it went in. I did point out to the chick that like, the VA MANUAL ITSELF (I was reading it for light relief) does NOT mandate the reference be from a sup0rvisor, just a current employee and two of them sent them back> She agreed (with some reluctance) this was true, they could just use HR.

Of course, getting through to HR has been IMPOSSIBLE, even though ALL I want to say is like send it to THIS lady and send ME a copy which I am entitled to by law. I have been calling, over and over, and even with my phone "hiddren" and no, no one can "help." IT is driving me BAT NUTS. I gotta call again soon. This is like, the last dang thing, man. Oy.

Anna

I am amazed at how much of a hassle this is!! One thing I have learned is that in situations like this the more coworkers you cc on an email or text or letters the more attention your request will receive. It's almost miraculous how effective this can be!

When my sister was going through a horrendous divorce and her divorce attorney wouldn't respond to calls or emails I told her to send him another email and this time to cc everyone in his office who she has an email address for. She got a call withing two hours!!

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I just finished two hours of customer service hell. My daughters email account got locked for no reason. It’s an old sbcglobal account. I think they randomly lock old accounts to eliminate them if no one complains. Same thing happened to my wife’s account a couple years ago. I sat on hold for 45 minutes when I found another number to call and someone finally picked up. They knew exactly what to do so I would say it’s probably a common call they get. I haven’t had att in many years but can still log on and get my account number.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 28, 2014
    So you don’t work or are you just retired?

I kind of went between work about seven yrs ago. I can apply until blue, no one hires, no one calls. Apologies but i do not beg, or pay to work. I was brought up that if there's work, you go do it, get paid, it doesn't go the other way. And yes I've even tried two temp services, even they don't get in touch with me. Go figure.

I do work though, wife sees to that. It's nothing outside of home but she does try keeping me busy.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I kind of went between work about seven yrs ago. I can apply until blue, no one hires, no one calls. Apologies but i do not beg, or pay to work. I was brought up that if there's work, you go do it, get paid, it doesn't go the other way. And yes I've even tried two temp services, even they don't get in touch with me. Go figure.

I do work though, wife sees to that. It's nothing outside of home but she does try keeping me busy.
    She can probably find plenty around the house to keep you busy.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    I have a Mango Lassi of sorts. It's just not so super sweet. It's in the bottle I heat steeped and I think it's mostly gonna be good, it may or may not need a couple drops of super sweet but unfortunately what it PROBABLY needs is like 6 weeks of steeping. How fun. Oh well.

On future occasions (if there are any, I have a TON of mango mixes at the moment, due to dilutions) I don't think I would use the green mango. At all. It's good but not for this recipe.

Still-- greatly improved. I had fun sorta.

Anna

Please share the Mango Lassi recipe when it is ready!! I want to mix a big bottle of that one!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    No, up in Michigan. I love it in Corpus, I've never witnessed any of that tomfoolery there, I love the diversity there.. and what comes with that diversity? Amazing food and restaurants. There is zilch of that up here, at least in this area. No diversity, no amazing food unless you have a palette of a rock or potato

Oh good, glad you haven't seen that here either. Yes, I have found so many really good restaurants here too, especially considering the size of the town. We adore BKK Thai Kitchen! If y'all haven't been there you gotta try it.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Fran, I love, love, love your 3B Cheesecake!! This is one of my favorite new juices I've had in a while! I am making juice for my SIL this week and that's definitely one I'll make for her. Thank you for sharing this and so many other yummy juices with us!

I only made 10 mls since this was the first batch and wouldn't you know I had an o-ring loose or something and much of it leaked out! So tomorrow, I'll make two big bottles of it one for her and one for me!

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    Good evening everyone... just bouncing in to say hello. There are a lot more babies this year and I have to admit, it's been a lot of work. I wake up at 5am for water changes and feedings, then bounce in at lunch time to feed them. After work it's more of the same..lol It's still enjoyable though and to see them thrive is what drives me. This is the first year my waiting list for them won't be fulfilled and judging by the people wanting to be put on next year's waiting list it won't be either.

I have some pics though:
    106276646_3555695111125079_4543750927303845421_n.jpg

106616050_3555695624458361_2660885137842911323_n.jpg

106731030_3552778674750056_5872305630895205202_o.jpg
    stunning!

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    Going to go to one of our favorite beaches, which is all rock and stone, and going to search for agates and any interesting rocks. Agate hunting was/is one of my favorite addictions/hobbies, a healthy one though. I have a rock tumbler and use some of the smaller stones in jewelry making.
    After that, a task or two back at the house, and who knows what the day might bring. Saw a hummingbird humming around this morning, so all is right with the world.
    That sounds great: a little treasure hunt.
    So, where are you and your fav beaches?
    And what do agates look like before you tumble them?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Fran, I love, love, love your 3B Cheesecake!! This is one of my favorite new juices I've had in a while! I am making juice for my SIL this week and that's definitely one I'll make for her. Thank you for sharing this and so many other yummy juices with us!

I only made 10 mls since this was the first batch and wouldn't you know I had an o-ring loose or something and much of it leaked out! So tomorrow, I'll make two big bottles of it one for her and one for me!
    Much appreciate the compliments :wub:

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    That sounds great: a little treasure hunt.
    So, where are you and your fav beaches?
    And what do agates look like before you tumble them?
    On the north shore of Lake Superior
    Lake Superior agates:
    Here's an example off the web of
    Before
    s-l300.jpg

After
    220px-Agatesuperiorminnesota.jpg

Not the same rock
    They can be quite amazing
    Lake-Superior-Agate6.jpg

Last edited:

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    @hittman, that sucks about the email as I have a sbcglobal account too. Hope it stays active!

Update on playing No Man's Sky - My first game I put in 15 hours and still had my original ship, very little money and couldn't find anything. I watched some YT videos and started another game, and now in the same 15 hours I have multiple ships including a freighter, fighter, 2 frigates and a couple of others. I have made about 36 million credits by buying and selling Cobalt, even with buying all the ships.

These 2 saves are like night and day and I'm having way more fun now!

Users who are viewing this thread