The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Appreciate the warning though................

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  2. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Power company recording says trees and wires down. There isn't even a breeze...............

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Myk

Myk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Straight line winds can be a small corridor of high winds that knock down trees. Or it could be dead trees like my neighbor's.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. NolaMel

NolaMel ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Came while I was out of town. May make a bottle tomorrow. Trying to decide what direction to go. I really bought it to go with one of my teas. Maybe add a little hangsen italian cream?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Power's back.............

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  6. dc99

dc99 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    Found these notes FLV Persimmon : DIY_eJuice

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Sounds interesting:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. NolaMel

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    • Like Like x 4
  9. NolaMel

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    They suggested 6 drops to 10 ml...any idea how many ml or % that is?

• Like Like x 4
  10. Myk

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Then I would guess dead tree/branch.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Most likely. Took the wires down and put 300 folks without power.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Myk

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Without counting drops per ml I would guess .1ml-.2ml

Going with 20 drops per ml. 6/20 = 3/10 = .3ml, and 20 drops per ml is usually wrong so .1-.2ml would give you room to err on the light side to add more later.

Oh my! That's very different :shock:

Never mind, stick with drops unless you have better measuring methods than I do.

• Like Like x 3
  13. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    They tested at 1 drop per 10ml.

• Like Like x 5
  14. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Not many :)

I'm thinking it's 1%, so 0.3 mls for a 30 ml batch. That's based on punching numbers into eJMU until I got to 6 drops, which also uses 20 drops per ml. But yes, starting lower is better than winding up with liters from diluting it! :w00t:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Flavor ReviewFLV Persimmon self.DIY_eJuice

Submitted 1 year ago by ConcreteRiverMixLife Doll Baby

Setup: Recoil w/ flavor barrel, Dual 15 wrap 26g 3mm Nifethal 70 coils @.17 ohms. 60w power, 450F temp limit. Full Cotton Wicks.

Testing: FLV Persimmon @ %1 and 1 drop per 10ml (about .25%), 60/40 VG/PG, Steeped 17 days.

Flavor Description: An interesting, tart, juicy, and sweet relatively authentic soft persimmon flavor with a solid throat hit. Throat hit is on par with something like FA Passion Fruit, with the same kind of acidic edge. Flavor itself is like a cross between a tart peach and sweet plum with an earthy, spicy peel note.

Inhale is tart and sharp, and on the lighter side of density. Bit of a sharp, acidic sensation on the tongue. Solid, natural tasting stone fruit sweetness. Exhale has peach up front. Closer to a sharp, slightly floral peach like FA White Peach but with an added bit of realistic juiciness. Deeper, more "red" plum sweetness underneath that. Slightly spicy, tart, top notes with a pleasant earthy edge. Sweetness tastes really natural to raw fruit. A bit light on density for the actual flavor, but the sweetness tastes pretty solid. Harsh, acidic throat hit.

Off-flavors: Fairly close to a soft persimmon. I don't have a ton of experience with soft persimmons, and no experience with the harder candied or pickled varieties, so as always YMMV. It's been a minute since I've had a raw persimmon, but it's actually really close with some of that acidity pushing towards the astringent edge to persimmons. Anything "off" here is fairly realistic.

Throat Hit: Oh boy. This might be a problem. I get a pretty solid throat hit on this and something that feels a lot like heart burn afterwards. I think people have a bit of varying sensitivity to throat hit, and I will say this doesn't taste any more acidic than TFA Pineapple or harsher than TFA Juicy Peach. So it may not be a dealbreaker for you.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
  16. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    When in doubt it's always a good idea to start low.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  17. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I learned something new today.Adding the 1% Scotch Whiskey to my Basil Rhubarb mix was a great idea. It would have otherwise been just another all fruit recipe that doesn't work well for me. The low level Whiskey added a nice overall flavor to the mix . I may actually drop it to .5% next time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. NolaMel

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    First reviewer seemed to have a sensitivity to this kind of flavor. I was going by the last response. I like a lot more flavor than you,so I will try 6. I can always adjust it later. They did note it’s good with baccy, so bonus for you tobacco lovers

“Smell from Bottle: Very realistic, sweet honeyed succulent smell. However, it does smell a little stronger than the actual fruit…. Almost like a candy-ish smell to it

At 2 drop/10ml: There isn’t much taste, very faint and light. However, you can taste the sweetness, but it is very subtle.

At 4 drops/10ml: Now I get more of the sweet honeyed flavor… a very delicate, moist fleshy taste

At 6 drops/10ml: At 6 drops this is where I think the flavor shines, however you could probably go a little higher with the flavor. I find the vape to be very delicate and smooth. The sweetness is very close to the actual fruit and the flavor is spot on.”

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. NolaMel

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    NOW I see that pesky % :facepalm:. That’s what I get for trying to read while my husband is talking :blush:

• Funny Funny x 5
  20. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hope you like it:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1