Random DIY mixing and More

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
They suggested 6 drops to 10 ml...any idea how many ml or % that is?

Not many :)

I'm thinking it's 1%, so 0.3 mls for a 30 ml batch. That's based on punching numbers into eJMU until I got to 6 drops, which also uses 20 drops per ml. But yes, starting lower is better than winding up with liters from diluting it! :w00t:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Flavor ReviewFLV Persimmon self.DIY_eJuice

Submitted 1 year ago by ConcreteRiverMixLife Doll Baby

Setup: Recoil w/ flavor barrel, Dual 15 wrap 26g 3mm Nifethal 70 coils @.17 ohms. 60w power, 450F temp limit. Full Cotton Wicks.

Testing: FLV Persimmon @ %1 and 1 drop per 10ml (about .25%), 60/40 VG/PG, Steeped 17 days.

Flavor Description: An interesting, tart, juicy, and sweet relatively authentic soft persimmon flavor with a solid throat hit. Throat hit is on par with something like FA Passion Fruit, with the same kind of acidic edge. Flavor itself is like a cross between a tart peach and sweet plum with an earthy, spicy peel note.

Inhale is tart and sharp, and on the lighter side of density. Bit of a sharp, acidic sensation on the tongue. Solid, natural tasting stone fruit sweetness. Exhale has peach up front. Closer to a sharp, slightly floral peach like FA White Peach but with an added bit of realistic juiciness. Deeper, more "red" plum sweetness underneath that. Slightly spicy, tart, top notes with a pleasant earthy edge. Sweetness tastes really natural to raw fruit. A bit light on density for the actual flavor, but the sweetness tastes pretty solid. Harsh, acidic throat hit.

Off-flavors: Fairly close to a soft persimmon. I don't have a ton of experience with soft persimmons, and no experience with the harder candied or pickled varieties, so as always YMMV. It's been a minute since I've had a raw persimmon, but it's actually really close with some of that acidity pushing towards the astringent edge to persimmons. Anything "off" here is fairly realistic.

Throat Hit: Oh boy. This might be a problem. I get a pretty solid throat hit on this and something that feels a lot like heart burn afterwards. I think people have a bit of varying sensitivity to throat hit, and I will say this doesn't taste any more acidic than TFA Pineapple or harsher than TFA Juicy Peach. So it may not be a dealbreaker for you.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I learned something new today.Adding the 1% Scotch Whiskey to my Basil Rhubarb mix was a great idea. It would have otherwise been just another all fruit recipe that doesn't work well for me. The low level Whiskey added a nice overall flavor to the mix . I may actually drop it to .5% next time.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    They tested at 1 drop per 10ml.
    First reviewer seemed to have a sensitivity to this kind of flavor. I was going by the last response. I like a lot more flavor than you,so I will try 6. I can always adjust it later. They did note it’s good with baccy, so bonus for you tobacco lovers

“Smell from Bottle: Very realistic, sweet honeyed succulent smell. However, it does smell a little stronger than the actual fruit…. Almost like a candy-ish smell to it

At 2 drop/10ml: There isn’t much taste, very faint and light. However, you can taste the sweetness, but it is very subtle.

At 4 drops/10ml: Now I get more of the sweet honeyed flavor… a very delicate, moist fleshy taste

At 6 drops/10ml: At 6 drops this is where I think the flavor shines, however you could probably go a little higher with the flavor. I find the vape to be very delicate and smooth. The sweetness is very close to the actual fruit and the flavor is spot on.”

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Flavor ReviewFLV Persimmon self.DIY_eJuice

Submitted 1 year ago by ConcreteRiverMixLife Doll Baby

Setup: Recoil w/ flavor barrel, Dual 15 wrap 26g 3mm Nifethal 70 coils @.17 ohms. 60w power, 450F temp limit. Full Cotton Wicks.

Testing: FLV Persimmon @ %1 and 1 drop per 10ml (about .25%), 60/40 VG/PG, Steeped 17 days.

Flavor Description: An interesting, tart, juicy, and sweet relatively authentic soft persimmon flavor with a solid throat hit. Throat hit is on par with something like FA Passion Fruit, with the same kind of acidic edge. Flavor itself is like a cross between a tart peach and sweet plum with an earthy, spicy peel note.

Inhale is tart and sharp, and on the lighter side of density. Bit of a sharp, acidic sensation on the tongue. Solid, natural tasting stone fruit sweetness. Exhale has peach up front. Closer to a sharp, slightly floral peach like FA White Peach but with an added bit of realistic juiciness. Deeper, more "red" plum sweetness underneath that. Slightly spicy, tart, top notes with a pleasant earthy edge. Sweetness tastes really natural to raw fruit. A bit light on density for the actual flavor, but the sweetness tastes pretty solid. Harsh, acidic throat hit.

Off-flavors: Fairly close to a soft persimmon. I don't have a ton of experience with soft persimmons, and no experience with the harder candied or pickled varieties, so as always YMMV. It's been a minute since I've had a raw persimmon, but it's actually really close with some of that acidity pushing towards the astringent edge to persimmons. Anything "off" here is fairly realistic.

Throat Hit: Oh boy. This might be a problem. I get a pretty solid throat hit on this and something that feels a lot like heart burn afterwards. I think people have a bit of varying sensitivity to throat hit, and I will say this doesn't taste any more acidic than TFA Pineapple or harsher than TFA Juicy Peach. So it may not be a dealbreaker for you.
    NOW I see that pesky % :facepalm:. That’s what I get for trying to read while my husband is talking :blush:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    First reviewer seemed to have a sensitivity to this kind of flavor. I was going by the last response. I like a lot more flavor than you,so I will try 6. I can always adjust it later. They did note it’s good with baccy, so bonus for you tobacco lovers

“Smell from Bottle: Very realistic, sweet honeyed succulent smell. However, it does smell a little stronger than the actual fruit…. Almost like a candy-ish smell to it

At 2 drop/10ml: There isn’t much taste, very faint and light. However, you can taste the sweetness, but it is very subtle.

At 4 drops/10ml: Now I get more of the sweet honeyed flavor… a very delicate, moist fleshy taste

At 6 drops/10ml: At 6 drops this is where I think the flavor shines, however you could probably go a little higher with the flavor. I find the vape to be very delicate and smooth. The sweetness is very close to the actual fruit and the flavor is spot on.”
    Hope you like it:)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    If I don’t, I’ll up the nic and give it to my SIL. He has zero tastebuds as far as I can tell. He’ll just about vape anything as long as it has nic.
    Good use for your bad recipes:lol:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Good use for your bad recipes:lol:
    I had mixed three 10 ml NOOOOOOs in one bottle to dispose of them. I’m guessing he chose that because the bottle was full, and he’s polite. He LOVED it, asked me to make it for him. I gave him the bottle, and am praying he forgets about it. I have no earthly idea what was in the there

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I had mixed three 10 ml NOOOOOOs in one bottle to dispose of them. I’m guessing he chose that because the bottle was full, and he’s polite. He LOVED it, asked me to make it for him. I gave him the bottle, and am praying he forgets about it. I have no earthly idea what was in the there
    Did you happen to indicate a big NO in your notes? Maybe you can figure it out that way?

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Did you happen to indicate a big NO in your notes? Maybe you can figure it out that way?
    Hah! You take me for someone organized??? These were some of my first attempts. I wrote the %s on the label. But when I dumped them into one, I trashed the labels and put the bottles in to soak. I hadn’t even bought bottles yet, I was reusing empties. I could probably look at my first order and make a guess. They were all 2 flavor blends. However, he always took my castoff commercial juices, so I doubt he has any level of “picky”. Since all I had were fruits, he got a bizarre fruit punch juice o_O

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    All my flavor amounts are educated guess updated. I freed up a 120ml bottle and a 10ml test bottle (actually 2 but I'm saving the ones I used to measure because...). I bet first recipe I make after this I forget to remove it from the inventory.

Good thing I did it though. I didn't know I was that low on the empty 120ml.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I don't keep inventory.Well I kind of do on ELR but I rarely keep the list updated.I don't think I've ever actually ran out of anything. I always note my flavors when I'm mixing and if I see any getting low they go on the wishlist. It's worked pretty well for me all this time so I see no reason to change.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Niagara Region, ON CANADA
    @ceeceeisme Did you get the Stixx mixed?

Yes I did. I'm not sure if I should try it in a week or not. It seems to be a bit odd that I can't smell anything when I whiff the bottle. I'm thinking it's going to take a while for the flavor to come out.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yes I did. I'm not sure if I should try it in a week or not. It seems to be a bit odd that I can't smell anything when I whiff the bottle. I'm thinking it's going to take a while for the flavor to come out.
    Yes,it sounds like it will take awhile.........such a bummer....

Users who are viewing this thread