Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    This is probably simple but I'm not getting it. so question.......... IF I steep a bottle of hangson Italian cream using 1% flavor and I have a recipe that I wish to put 1% flavor in. How much of the steeped mix would I add to equal the 1% flavor?

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    Did you make note of Pam's boozy recipes?
    I did but not any boozy baccys. Did I miss those?

Peanut Butter Baccy
    FA Fresh Cream .75%
    TFA Graham Cracker Clear 2.5%
    Cap Hazelnut 1%
    TFA Peanut butter 4%
    HA Fortune Strike 4% (Can sub a different baccy)

Almond Bourbon
    VT Bourbon 4%
    TFA Vanilla Bourbon 1%
    INW Biscuit 1%
    FA Almond 3%

Whiskey Haze
    VT Scotch Whiskey 2%
    Cap Hazelnut 2%
    FA Bilberry 2%

Thanks for these! I’ll give them all a whirl:)

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    This is probably simple but I'm not getting it. so question.......... IF I steep a bottle of hangson Italian cream using 1% flavor and I have a recipe that I wish to put 1% flavor in. How much of the steeped mix would I add to equal the 1% flavor?
    What size is your sft and what size is your new mix?

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    @FranC I’m about to jump off here but... you just determine the amount you need total in your new mix. For example: I have a steeped 10 ml 1% sft of HS Italian Cream which has .1 gram of actual flavor. I have a new 30 ml mix which needs 1% of HS I.C. So it needs .3 grams total. I want to use my steeped mix to shorten my new mix steep. So I’ll use the whole 10 ml of my steeped sft plus add .2 gram of straight flavor. I’d also take 10 ml off my total PG I’ll add if I actually did this. I don’t know if you actually need more or less but it works either way. I don’t math like most. So sorry if I complicated this further for you!

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @FranC I’m about to jump off here but... you just determine the amount you need total in your new mix. For example: I have a steeped 10 ml 1% sft of HS Italian Cream which has .1 gram of actual flavor. I have a new 30 ml mix which needs 1% of HS I.C. So it needs .3 grams total. I want to use my steeped mix to shorten my new mix steep. So I’ll use the whole 10 ml of my steeped sft plus add .2 gram of straight flavor. I’d also take 10 ml off my total PG I’ll add if I actually did this. I don’t know if you actually need more or less but it works either way. I don’t math like most. So sorry if I complicated this further for you!
    It's too easy to confuse me...LOL. I want to mix 30ml and let it steep. The mixes I'll want to put the cream in will most likely be 30ml also.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    OK,is this right? Assuming I have 30ml of HA Italian Cream mixed at 1% and all steeped. Now I want to make a mix that calls for 1% of the cream. I would add .3% steeped mix to equal that 1% of flavor?
    I have no idea. Looks right.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Tried my tester of FW Blood Orange and still not finding it very sweet which is great. Now trying my tester of TFA Green Tea and finding it getting a bit sweeter than fresh. This could be the problem with a few of my teas being too sweet.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I have FW gin, and it was indeed the kindest of mixers @NatashaTMT , who sent me flavors directly. The only soda I have is a cream soda, so I'm a bit clueless other than perhaps mixing some lime with it, I was also sent pink champagne (can't wait to try that!) and a cherry liquor which I'm going to have to do a tester on, I'm not always the hugest fan of artificial cherry but I haven't tried a cherry flavoring yet, who knows I might love it.

I have gingerale, but that seems wrong somehow (although I do plan on a gingerale and brandy mix.

I am thinking for the gin, perhaps just lime, for a somewhat astringent taste, although I don't quite know how to get it to taste a bit bubbly. I was also considering adding mango, although that doesn't really APPROACH the "gin and tonic" taste, really what I'm missing is the quinine flavor (love that) but somehow, putting quinine directly in my vape seems.... :lol::lol: I plan to have fun with the pink champagne too, I am considering mixes for IT. Hmm....

Suggestions welcomed, and how to get that bitter taste without a "bitter additive" IDK. Maybe upping my PEG400 a LOT, but it somehow doesn't taste bitter to me (PG either, all that much).

Any thoughts and ideas welcomed. LOL. Gotta "reup" my rhubarb in my rhubarb French toast mix, that flavor fades quickly so heck, why not get a bunch of flavors out and do some testers today. Although, I'm feeling pretty rough (in the good kind of way, like, OMG you got through "Existential Crisis number 357685904, job well done Anna now you can lay flaccid on the couch for a day." Etc. LOL.

Anna

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    OK,is this right? Assuming I have 30ml of HA Italian Cream mixed at 1% and all steeped. Now I want to make a mix that calls for 1% of the cream. I would add .3% steeped mix to equal that 1% of flavor?
    I would use that 30ml bottle of Italian Cream and just add the other flavors you want to mix in with that. easy peasy(assuming you want a finished product around 30mi-ish.
    :)

Users who are viewing this thread