The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Lots of people just dropped the PA and The Perfumer's Apprentice because vaping flavors that was made by a place that makes perfume's isn't very appetizing. Even tho the company still makes both type of products. LOL To see it being used brings back memories.

:)

• Like Like x 4
  2. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I think you're right. NR, or whoever they get their 120 ml bottles from labelled TFA as Fa.

That doesn't make it right. It doesn't even make sense. Like someone else here said, if you insist on making it into only 2 letters instead of 3, PA would make more sense.

But, I like TFA instead. It just makes more sense and has always been that way. Fa and FA just confuses the issue. There's no need to force extra confusion unnecessarily.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Myk

Myk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I thought it depended on what country you were in.
    TPA has always annoyed me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I haven't been mixing anything. I've been packing instead. I'm moving this weekend.

I'm not sure where all my DIY stuff is going to go in the new place. It's a little smaller. My flavorings can still go in the refrigerator. But, the rest?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Exactly. I don't understand the need to change the 'Standards' as they apply to everyone who vapes. Not just a select few who decides that standards are inappropriate because that is what is listed first on their bottles. I 'get' the fact that the younger generation are preferring higher VG in the juice to make bigger clouds, etc. And of course, a vendor selling those products will cater to them to make the bucks. But they sway to the fads of today and will adapt to whichever way the wind blows. And make no mistake about it, they go where they can make the money and have no vested interest in helping anyone who wants to make their own.

• Like Like x 4
  6. NolaMel

NolaMel ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    What did you mix it with? Haven’t tried mine yet

• Like Like x 2
  7. NolaMel

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Oops. Double post

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Yes I have noticed that most of the people who still use PA/TPA are in other countries. Haven't seen too many Americans that still do tho....

• Like Like x 1
  9. NolaMel

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Do you have yogurt? Might balance out with a little tart creamy?

• Like Like x 1
  10. NolaMel

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Picked up a few Cap flavors. My excuse being so I can make some recipes y’all posted: ny cheesecake, harvest berry, Greek yogurt, and juicy orange. I’m hoarding a backlog of flavors to test at this point. But, I want to try a cheesecake. Just sounds good

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    So we aren't coming at this from the same pov. My only point is language is always evolving and some changes will stick, you accept them or swim upstream against them. I chose acceptance and move on. Fighting it isn't going to force the changes back into the box. I am not bothered by changing to Fa as that is now the brand name. This is the name the vendors have started using and I personally think the forums should use it for new mixers so they don't get confused as to what they mean to order. I never said anyone or thing was boring. I did say stagnation is boring.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    The only vendor I have seen using the 'Fa' for TFA is NR. Apparently they are re-labeling TFA bottles that they sell. To me that is just plain wrong and a bit shady in my book. Its just like ecigexpress labeling TFA their 'Signature' line. That caused so much confusion that they now put TFA in the description exposing the real source. Competition among vendors is nothing new, its just another attempt to gain market share for their own pockets.

My last order from BCF included a the bottle that still said The Flavor Apprentice and their website still lists as such.

And please explain where its decided what the 'Brand' name is. Where is this information coming from? And who thinks that they are the 'ones' to make that kind of decision. You state it as so matter of factly, please define who 'they' actually are. Unless it is coming from the company itself, then it should not carry any weight.

But most importantly has TFA began calling themselves 'Fa'? Until they do, or approve of their brand to be handled in this way(rebottling and relabeling) then I see no reason to change because a lone vendor or two is trying to gain popularity for their own lines of flavors.

Sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I did a tester and really like the flavor. Haven't mixed a lot with it yet but have this

Pink Guava Wine
    FLV Pink Guava .5%
    TFA Cranberry 3%
    INW Rhubarb.75%
    FA Wine Champagne 1.5%
    WS23 .5%

• Like Like x 3
  14. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I couldn't tell you who started it but it wasn't NR. I have some older TFA flavor labeled Fa including a quite old bottle of AP.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Some of my flavors from NR back in 2015/2016 have the bottles marked that way also, so it has been happening for a while now. It is very confusing when I try to find one of TFA flavors(in my own stash) and its in a bottle from NR that has its own name across the entire bottle and in the smallest of lettering on the side towards the bottom list it as The Flavor Apprentice(Fa). No, this is not new, just shady practices in my book. And the reason I stopped purchasing from them. I also stopped purchasing from ecigexpress for that same reason.

I have heard there are other companies that sell the Purilum line of flavors, which would be the only reason for me to use NR. Next time I need a Purilum flavor, I will make it a point to find it somewhere else.

:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    ECX has to be the guilty party. I've been buying from BullCity for 3 years. Before that I bought from ECX. My order history doesn't run back far on ECX cause I had to create a new account a year or so ago when I wanted to buy something they had.

• Like Like x 3
  17. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I haven't been ordering from NR anywhere near that long. I'm thinking ECX did it before they changed to Signature but the Fa is in big letters.

• Like Like x 2
  18. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I've also never ordered a TFA flavor from NR. I do want to try one or two of the stixx mix they have. I'm not stuck on any of the Purlium flavors but I do like the Raspberry.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I did finally order from them on July 4 because they were carrying flavors I wanted that BCF didn't carry. My last order before that was in 2013.

• Like Like x 2
  20. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yes I had to go back also to get the flavors that BCF didn't have. I can't see going back again.

• Like Like x 2