Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The FA Oakwood gives my Smoked Bourbon a very different Flavor than anything else I vape. Sometimes that's a very good thing. I am however going to drop the Oakwood down to 1% instead of the 2% I'm using. Hope to get that remix done today.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    You have to wonder how grocery stores can sell gallons of water for just a little over a buck. Must be a truckload at the time to shave the shipping cost.

Shipping has to be a profit center for ecig suppliers.

Fill them with the tap in the back. Probably not, but they should. Notice the labels, they're most likely filtered city water no different than putting a filter on any tap.

I think part of the shipping of gallons is the size/shape.

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    I see you have a few public recipes on ELR. I’ve saved some of yours as I’ve seen them on here. If you don’t mind, do you have public recipes on another? These names look interesting and I know you post good recipes!

Yeah, I've posted a few on ELR, mostly to get some feedback... lol. Likely not something I'll be doing going forward. Although, I get most of my ideas, inspiration for recipes on ELR & ATF, by mixers much, much more talented than me, I prefer the interaction & general atmosphere here at ECF and it's where I focus most of my attention & time. :D If you see something of interest, just ask in the thread or by pm & I'll be happy to share... :cool:

"I know you post good recipes!" :shock: Thanks for the complement, but I'm sure many if not most would reply "What? Are you off your meds again?"... lol.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yeah, I've posted a few on ELR, mostly to get some feedback... lol. Likely not something I'll be doing going forward. Although, I get most of my ideas, inspiration for recipes on ELR & ATF, by mixers much, much more talented than me, I prefer the interaction & general atmosphere here at ECF and it's where I focus most of my attention & time. :D If you see something of interest, just ask in the thread or by pm & I'll be happy to share... :cool:

"I know you post good recipes!" :shock: Thanks for the complement, but I'm sure many if not most would reply "What? Are you off your meds again?"... lol.
    I think you do post good recipes. Just because most are too sweet for me doesn't mean they're not good. Most actually look quite tasty.:)

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    Feedback can be a good thing(criticism) as long as its taken that way. Ive showed a few of my recipes to the so called professional mixers and got some really good ideas. The thing to remember is that its your recipe and if your happy with it, thats all that matters.

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    I did buy a 30ml of the HA Italian Cream so it's good to know I didn't make a mistake.

I really like it & have been using it at some %age in quite a few recipes. It's quite versatile & I think it is one of my more successful purchases. :D

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Feedback can be a good thing(criticism) as long as its taken that way. Ive showed a few of my recipes to the so called professional mixers and got some really good ideas. The thing to remember is that its your recipe and if your happy with it, thats all that matters.
    Very true. There are some of those so called professional mixers that I don't like at all (the recipes).

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Lightly so, but more creamy, very slightly sweet with a tangy finish... to me. A perfect addition to cheesecakes that adds a touch of realism that most lack... :cool:
    Wonderful. I'll be quite happy with that.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Any plan for today,folks? I don't have much for plans other than try a new mix or two. I've already gave these an earlier try so I pretty much know what to expect. I'm going to avoid the way to sweet one for as long as possible. I really need to look for a new mix or two. Maybe I'll get lucky.

I’ve got a few mixes that need tweaking after steeping a couple of weeks.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    This recipe is a modified version of "Vanilla Bean Japanese Cheesecake" by Silhouette on ELR... :D

"A light and airy Cheesecake with a soft, cakey Angel Food Style texture. Instead of being creamy and dense, Japanese Cheesecake is quite light, and has a pillowy soft center, similar to a Chiffon Cake." - Silhouette

Vanilla Japanese Cheesecake
    New York Cheesecake (PUR) 4%
    Angel Cake SC (WF) 2.5%
    Cheesecake Graham (PUR) 2%
    *Italian Cream (Hangsen) 1.5%
    Vanilla Shisha (INW) 1.25%
    Biscuit (INW) 0.5%
    Sweetener (TFA) 1% (Optional or to taste)

Age 4 weeks... :cool:

*After a successful re-mix of my Dark Berry Cheesecake, I'm slowly modifying my future cheesecake recipes to include a %age of Italian Cream (Hangsen). ;)
    What is a good sub for the INW Vanilla Shisha?

:)

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Third delivery for the week ( the LAST, at least for this month)...
    FA :cinnamon red hots ( for the SIL)
    Bourbon
    Whiskey
    Coconut
    Ky bourbon

FE :sweet rice
    Ny cheesecake
    Caramel cinnamon roll
    Now, I just need to hunt down the recipes for everything that came this week. They were all “missing”, gee, I have no substitute flavors

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread