Random DIY mixing and More

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Don't know but I usually use Vanilla Swirl or Vanilla Tahity
I have not used the INW Vanilla Shisha, so not sure what it taste like? Also, I do have a sponge cake(sc) flavor I am thinking about subbing in also........

:)

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have not used the INW Vanilla Shisha, so not sure what it taste like? Also, I do have a sponge cake(sc) flavor I am thinking about subbing in also........

I have a ton of Vanillas and don't use them much so I refuse to buy another. I just sub. Cake flavors aren't something I buy...LOL

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    What is a good sub for the INW Vanilla Shisha?

French Vanilla v1 (CAP) @ 1.5% or Vanilla Swirl (TFA), Tahitian Vanilla Cream (WF) @ 1.5 - 2% would likely work ok. I sub stuff all the time and although not the same as the original, I generally have pretty good results. After all, I'm using flavors I'm most familiar with and enjoy... :cool:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    French Vanilla v1 (CAP) @ 1.5% or Vanilla Swirl (TFA), Tahitian Vanilla Cream (WF) @ 1.5 - 2% would likely work ok. I sub stuff all the time and although not the same as the original, I generally have pretty good results. After all, I'm using flavors I'm most familiar with and enjoy... :cool:
    Thank you.

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    @dobroeutro Just for giggles......how sweet is that WF Angel Cake?

To me, it's a very light cakey flavor, slightly sweet with a buttery finish. I find it most useful adding texture & supporting other cake flavors. :D I often use it to support Fluffy White Cake SC (WF) or as the base for Yellow Cake (FW) to support in my mixes... :cool:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    To me, it's a very light cakey flavor, slightly sweet with a buttery finish. I find it most useful adding texture & supporting other cake flavors. :D I often use it to support Fluffy White Cake SC (WF) or as the base for Yellow Cake (FW) to support in my mixes... :cool:
    I am like @FranC, not big on cake vapes or in RL. How low of a % can I go(for the cake flavor) in that recipe without totally changing the mix? Ballpark is ok.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I may get that just so I can mix your recipe as written. I am able to vape 2 sweet wf flavors so there is some hope for the cake.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I am like @FranC, not big on cake vapes or in RL. How low of a % can I go(for the cake flavor) in that recipe without totally changing the mix? Ballpark is ok.

We have a lot of similarities:)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Is one of those your recipe you posted. Been wondering about that one?

LOL

I can’t remember which one I posted lol! If it was the Pina Colada then yes. I added 2% TPA Coconut to boost the Jungle Coconut that just wasn’t coming through. I’ll give it 24 -72 hours b4 testing it again.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Niagara Region, ON CANADA
    Smoked Bourbon
    FLV Bourbon 1%
    FA Oakwood 2%
    HA Ry3 1.5%
    FA Whiskey 2%

Well, I have half of those flavors :rolleyes: HA RY3 doesn't seem to be available anywhere in Canada either. Ordering from the US is not a good thing right now - Canada Border Services seems to be nailing every damn thing that comes in from the US due to the ongoing tariff war. I'm pretty sure they are trying to discourage us from buying American.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I can’t remember which one I posted lol! If it was the Pina Colada then yes. I added 2% TPA Coconut to boost the Jungle Coconut that just wasn’t coming through. I’ll give it 24 -72 hours b4 testing it again.
    Yep that is the one.....lol

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Feedback can be a good thing(criticism) as long as its taken that way. Ive showed a few of my recipes to the so called professional mixers and got some really good ideas. The thing to remember is that its your recipe and if your happy with it, thats all that matters.

I'm all over the place with certain mixes. Right now I'm vaping HS Red USA Mix (6%) with a small squirt of TFA Caramel Candy (6%) added to the tank. The caramel flavor and slight sweetness blooms the mix into something more enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread