Random DIY mixing and More

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Potato candy is mashed potatoes (riced is better for texture). Fold powdered sugar into the potatoes until the mixture is thick enough to roll with a rolling pin. Roll out, I prefer parchment paper, in a rectangle or square about 1/4 - 1/2" thick. Spread with peanut butter and roll as you would a pinwheel or jelly roll. I like to fold a small amount of powdered sugar to the pb as well but isn't necessary. I also like to sprinkle lightly crushed pretzels on the pb before rolling occasionally. I put the roll in the fridge for an hour or two before slicing.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Potato candy is very old school and was popular with the poor or hill folk who couldn't afford to go to the store often. By using potatoes they were conserving flour which they usually had to buy. Potatoes and peanuts they could grow in their gardens.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
So is Honeydew a very sweet flavor?
or cantaloupe?
Depends on the mfg. I find various melons can go from fairly "naturally" sweet, to syrupy, to candy-like. And, with your particular palate, I am gun-shy to say whether you might find them sweet.

On the plus side, I have never ran across a melon that required any aging time; so mix up a small (5mL or even less) SFT and see what you think... esp. now that you are using PEG. :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Depends on the mfg. I find various melons can go from fairly "naturally" sweet, to syrupy, to candy-like. And, with your particular palate, I am gun-shy to say whether you might find them sweet.

On the plus side, I have never ran across a melon that required any aging time; so mix up a small (5mL or even less) SFT and see what you think... esp. now that you are using PEG. :)
    I have a limited amount of PEG so I only use the PEG base where needed. Pretty much for fruity stuff.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I may pick up a couple small bottles of the melons.
    I have TFA Cantaloupe and find it pretty authentic to eating a fresh wedge of the melon. I never bothered to look further.
    I have both TFA and CAP Honeydew Melon. The TFA is good, but a bit syrupy and it likes to take over my recipes. I bought the CAP Honeydew Melon, as it is supposed to be not so potent (as TFA), but I have yet to crack it open.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have TFA Cantaloupe and find it pretty authentic to eating a fresh wedge of the melon. I never bothered to look further.
    I have both TFA and CAP Honeydew Melon. The TFA is good, but a bit syrupy and it likes to take over my recipes. I bought the CAP Honeydew Melon, as it is supposed to be not so potent (as TFA), but I have yet to crack it open.
    Ty....that helps. Thinking I might like the melons........maybe.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    IMHO, the best pear out there today is Molin Berry Shape Up Pear. The only place I know that sells it is VapersTek and in 10ml bottles. :( I bought 4 on their last 25% off sale. I don't use a lot of it, so my 45mls should last me a while.

Users who are viewing this thread