Random DIY mixing and More

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Yes it is! It took awhile to write my post (2 phone call interruptions, dog that needed to "go", etc.). While finishing it up finally, the little "Messages have been posted since you loaded this page" popped up. I knew how fast this thread moves, so thought my post about Bill's bases (or maybe "stones") might seem to be totally out in left field, by the time I posted it.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that 1 of those messages that had been posted...was yours...about Bill. It made me smile. :)

I see that several great links have already been posted for you. The Bill's Recipes one has many, but not all of his recipes. You'll find many more actually within his various Blog entries, too. He used to have a HUGE number of recipes in the Dropbox, but the link is a deadend now unfortunately. Luckily, I saved all 85 of them from it about 2 1/2 years ago. If you ever want any more of his, that aren't found in the Bill's Recipes or in his Blog...just shoot me a PM.

You're welcome for the info in my last post. :)

I DEFINITELY do! I spent an hour reading through his blog and recipes late last night. I was hoping there were more!! I’ll PM you my email. Thank you!!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I ended up dumping the tank that I had filled with pom/pudding that I mixed with PEG. I think PEG isn't for me. It made the liquid thin enough that I think it was partially flooding the deck on my rta and making the mod push harder to reach the set temp. Also I got some spitback which had never happened on that tank since I got it. Thanks though to Letitia for sending me some to try and I didn't have to waste my money on an order.
I had spit back with too until I just used it at 15%. I am just using it for sf testers for a quicker steep. Have used it for new mix testers I'm unsure about for the same reason.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
While we're here this is my watermelon. Everything but the watermelons are just flavor enhancements so I imagine any brand would work, it only tastes like watermelon to me.

Watermelon TFA 3.33%
Watermelon FA 3.33%
Wintergreen TFA 1.33%
Cucumber TFA .67%
Sour TFA .67%
Pineapple TFA .67%
DW 10%
VG 80%

Inawera Watermelon is also interesting to me just because it's strong enough I don't have to use up my whole 10% making a watermelon and I don't hate it alone. But I haven't messed with it much.
It is in my plans for a melon medley which is what I want a cantaloupe/honeydew for.
Thanks... bookmarked. :thumbs:
If you havent tried DiyOrDie's Water-Malone your missing a good WM vape. The best one I ever tried. Since I cant link it here is the recipe
Cap dbl apple 4%
Tfa dragonfruit 2%
FLV watermelon 3%
FLV wild melon 1%
Cap super sweet .5
Thanks, dc... bookmarked in case I can ever bring myself to pay Flavorah's prices (I don't own either of those). The ones I've actually tried so far; have been questionable in terms of "value."

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

Thanks, dc... bookmarked in case I can ever bring myself to pay Flavorah's prices (I don't own either of those). The ones I've actually tried so far; have been questionable in terms of "value."
    I don't think you'd be disappointed with the Pink Guava.

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth

Some are truly good and well worth it and some are just so so. The watermelon, wild melon, milk and honey are all great. There tobacco's and there teas are great.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    While we're here this is my watermelon. Everything but the watermelons are just flavor enhancements so I imagine any brand would work, it only tastes like watermelon to me.

Watermelon TFA 3.33%
    Watermelon FA 3.33%
    Wintergreen TFA 1.33%
    Cucumber TFA .67%
    Sour TFA .67%
    Pineapple TFA .67%
    DW 10%
    VG 80%

Inawera Watermelon is also interesting to me just because it's strong enough I don't have to use up my whole 10% making a watermelon and I don't hate it alone. But I haven't messed with it much.
    It is in my plans for a melon medley which is what I want a cantaloupe/honeydew for.
    @Myk, I was just updating your recipe, in my calculator. As I was doing so, I got curious as to the functions of the wintergreen, sour, and pineapple, in this. Care to share? :)

Thanks again for sharing your recipe!:D

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL

The only FLV I've thought enough of to reorder is the wild melons. Tastes good as a sf or in a mix.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    The only FLV I've thought enough of to reorder is the wild melons. Tastes good as a sf or in a mix.
    How would you describe its flavor profile? The (non-defining) "Melon" named concentrates, I have tried, have either a honeydew, or cantaloupe forward profile.

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    How would you describe its flavor profile? The (non-defining) "Melon" named concentrates, I have tried, have either a honeydew, or cantaloupe forward profile.
    To me its almost the same but its watermelon forward and honeydew, cantaloupe back note. Few more fruity notes thrown in

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    @Myk, I was just updating your recipe, in my calculator. As I was doing so, I got curious as to the functions of the wintergreen, sour, and pineapple, in this. Care to share? :)

Thanks again for sharing your recipe!:D

I don't really know about wintergreen and pineapple. They were ancient things mentioned to help watermelon back in 2013 and about. They've always been there.
    Looking at the food pairings I'm guessing pineapple is a complimentary flavor with some of the same/similar notes. With it high enough to identify in the first melon medley attempt it does fit.
    I've only tasted wintergreen in it once and it fit. I can't make a wintergreen lifesavers out of the flavor (maybe I could if I added something like chocolate like worked with creme de menthe). Sniffing it maybe it's green and brightens.

Sour is because it needed something. That could be my desire for sour watermelon candy.
    Cucumber is complimentary flavor to round out and boost the melon. Eating cantaloupe has me burping cucumber afterwards.

Of course you know different tastes. Wintergreen could be minty for you and need cut back and sour could be the same.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I don't really know about wintergreen and pineapple. They were ancient things mentioned to help watermelon back in 2013 and about. They've always been there.
    Looking at the food pairings I'm guessing pineapple is a complimentary flavor with some of the same/similar notes. With it high enough to identify in the first melon medley attempt it does fit.
    I've only tasted wintergreen in it once and it fit. I can't make a wintergreen lifesavers out of the flavor (maybe I could if I added something like chocolate like worked with creme de menthe). Sniffing it maybe it's green and brightens.

Sour is because it needed something. That could be my desire for sour watermelon candy.
    Cucumber is complimentary flavor to round out and boost the melon. Eating cantaloupe has me burping cucumber afterwards.

Of course you know different tastes. Wintergreen could be minty for you and need cut back and sour could be the same.
    Thanks once again, Myk. All good info.

I have read about using complimentary/secondary fruits to help fill out the missing notes to watermelon (dragon fruit, and pear are the ones I can recall). I can see where pineapple might fill this niche.

The wintergreen still has me scratching my head, but until I try, I am only guessing. I am thinking, when I get to mixing this up, I will do two batches. One with wintergreen, and one without. Then I can see what it does for me.

Sour is one I will have to think about. I really don't want the candy. I will start with yours, as written, and then decide from there.

TFA Sea Buckthorn might be another possibility for replacing both the pineapple and sour. I find it to be very pineapple-like with no semblence of sweet (maybe even tart; it has been a while since I used it).

Good news is, I have everything. Now, I just need to make the time to mix it!:facepalm:

I appreciate ya'!:D

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Some are truly good and well worth it and some are just so so. The watermelon, wild melon, milk and honey are all great. There tobacco's and there teas are great.
    What teas did you try. I fins the Easai Tea really sweet.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Thanks once again, Myk. All good info.

I have read about using complimentary/secondary fruits to help fill out the missing notes to watermelon (dragon fruit, and pear are the ones I can recall). I can see where pineapple might fill this niche.

The wintergreen still has me scratching my head, but until I try, I am only guessing. I am thinking, when I get to mixing this up, I will do two batches. One with wintergreen, and one without. Then I can see what it does for me.

Sour is one I will have to think about. I really don't want the candy. I will start with yours, as written, and then decide from there.

TFA Sea Buckthorn might be another possibility for replacing both the pineapple and sour. I find it to be very pineapple-like with no semblence of sweet (maybe even tart; it has been a while since I used it).

Good news is, I have everything. Now, I just need to make the time to mix it!:facepalm:

I appreciate ya'!:D
    I've read about the TFA Sea Buckthorn before. Where do you find that?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    @IDJoel my impressions are a bit different from dc99's. With wild melons the inhale is honeydew forward with the back note of cantaloupe. The exhale is where the watermelon shows up for me. From the melons all I taste is the meat, no rind or seed notes. Please keep in mind I don't eat cantaloupe but do like to use some with mixing. Has been years since I've had a bite from the actual fruit. I did add a few drops of lemon to few mls and it highlighted the melons somewhat. I actually prefer the flavor as a sf at 3.25%.

Users who are viewing this thread