Random DIY mixing and More

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
What teas did you try. I fins the Easai Tea really sweet.
Ive tried that one and the green tea and the black tea. I think out of all them I like the green tea bast. Pretty close to a green tea at 1-1.5%. The black tea is a little sweet and a little to floral for me. I was originally going to use FLV milk n honey to attempt a real cup of tea but I gave up for now.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
That was actually one I picked up on the 4th; but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. :D
I just mixed some today. It’s tasty. Sort of tart, rindy grapefruit to me... which means y’all will all taste something different lol

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Thanks once again, Myk. All good info.

I have read about using complimentary/secondary fruits to help fill out the missing notes to watermelon (dragon fruit, and pear are the ones I can recall). I can see where pineapple might fill this niche.

The wintergreen still has me scratching my head, but until I try, I am only guessing. I am thinking, when I get to mixing this up, I will do two batches. One with wintergreen, and one without. Then I can see what it does for me.

Sour is one I will have to think about. I really don't want the candy. I will start with yours, as written, and then decide from there.

TFA Sea Buckthorn might be another possibility for replacing both the pineapple and sour. I find it to be very pineapple-like with no semblence of sweet (maybe even tart; it has been a while since I used it).

Good news is, I have everything. Now, I just need to make the time to mix it!:facepalm:

I appreciate ya'!:D

I'm curious what you find with and without wintergreen. I think this recipe goes back to eGo-Cs, and if not them I definitely remember it ProTanks and gennies. It's mainly been there to remind me of accidentally going without a cigarette because of watermelon.

I didn't remember but on a whim I checked my Cool Hand Cuke and it is wintergreen (3%) with menthol/koolada. Probably because when the wintergreen addition to watermelon came about and I tasted it tweaking with the watermelon it was good together.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@NolaMel I tasted the sf VTA white chocolate today and my first thought was sweet rice and this were made for each other. Definitely going to try them together for a possible base mix, maybe a touch of HS cream to keep the sweet level from going too high.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
@ceeceeisme I just got back to the Pink Panther today.It did lose some of the neavy sweetness but is in no way tart to me. I mixed it at 1%.

:rolleyes: Yet another fine example of how we all taste things differently. To me it's so darn tart I need to keep it low or it over powers a mix with it's tartness.

Well I guess you won't be listening to me anymore! :p

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    :rolleyes: Yet another fine example of how we all taste things differently. To me it's so darn tart I need to keep it low or it over powers a mix with it's tartness.

Well I guess you won't be listening to me anymore! :p
    Hey,it was worth a shot.:)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    When I remembered to try the Pink Panther today I got it out of the drawer and put some in a small tank. Looked at the bottle again and I had the Pink Guava instead.No biggie cause the Pink Guava is pretty tasty solo. Then I finally got some Pink Panther tanked............

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    When I remembered to try the Pink Panther today I got it out of the drawer and put some in a small tank. Looked at the bottle again and I had the Pink Guava instead.No biggie cause the Pink Guava is pretty tasty solo. Then I finally got some Pink Panther tanked............
    So how is it?

:)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I mixed a Honey Lemon Tea quite awhile back. Couldn't locate the recipe so I put off trying it. When I finally did the lemon had totally faded away and I was left with the Black Tea and FLV Milk and Honey. That's when I found out I don't find the Milk and honey flavor to be too sweet. Any suggestions on a tea recipe with something other than lemon.

Users who are viewing this thread