Random DIY mixing and More

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
It does help sweets. I was wondering about the zest notes in the lemon shisha.

I have INW Shisha Lemon but I tend to use FE Lemon more. There are definitely some zest notes with the shisha and they don't tend to play well with bakery flavors. I can see Shisha Lemon working well in drink type liquids like teas and boozy flavors.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
It seems like flavor fade is being mentioned more and more. Lemon has always been a fader but now I've found FA Pom to fade and now Sweet Rice. I'm sure there are others out there.

I have no plans on another ECX order but I'm going to try the Rice Base from BCF.
I was also considering the VTA rice base.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I got distracted and forgot about the cranberry mix I made a couple weeks ago. I tried it in an rda and its a bit too sweet. I think I'm going to cut the cranberry back to 7%, drop the Fuji to 2%, keep the fe lemon at 1%, do 2% two apples, and add 2-3% pomegranate. It's ok if it's kind of sweet but I do want some tart in it also.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    It seems like flavor fade is being mentioned more and more. Lemon has always been a fader but now I've found FA Pom to fade and now Sweet Rice. I'm sure there are others out there.

I have no plans on another ECX order but I'm going to try the Rice Base from BCF.

If I like a mix that I know will fade, I just make smaller quantities. I won't give up lemon or pomegranate. :)
    I got distracted and forgot about the cranberry mix I made a couple weeks ago. I tried it in an rda and its a bit too sweet. I think I'm going to cut the cranberry back to 7%, drop the Fuji to 2%, keep the fe lemon at 1%, do 2% two apples, and add 2-3% pomegranate. It's ok if it's kind of sweet but I do want some tart in it also.

I did something similar with my cran-apple mix - 7% TFA Cranberry, 2% JF Fuji (I like it a bit more than FA but they really are almost identical,) 2% INW Two Apples, .25% FE Lemon, .5 MB Shape Up Pear, .75% WS-23. I was thinking of adding a little Pom to the mix or maybe even some citric acid. I have a 10% solution mixed up but have never used it. I do like the Cran-Apple as written here though. Still, experimentation sometimes pays off.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    If I like a mix that I know will fade, I just make smaller quantities. I won't give up lemon or pomegranate. :)

I did something similar with my cran-apple mix - 7% TFA Cranberry, 2% JF Fuji (I like it a bit more than FA but they really are almost identical,) 2% INW Two Apples, .25% FE Lemon, .5 MB Shape Up Pear, .75% WS-23. I was thinking of adding a little Pom to the mix or maybe even some citric acid. I have a 10% solution mixed up but have never used it. I do like the Cran-Apple as written here though. Still, experimentation sometimes pays off.
    I'm all for doing smaller mixes. I'm not giving up Pom but I really wouldn't miss lemon much of any.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I am having an issue with VTA Botanical Gin and the weight in grams per ml. This is important in measuring by weight and ELR doesn't have manufacturer's specified gravity for VTA concentrates. I knew when I was playing around with the percentages that something was off. I think that the weight in grams per ml. should be 1.133, based on vape Train's Australian site which gives the weight in grams of a 10ml bottle as 25g and a 30ml bottle as 40g. This kind of math is not my strong suit. o_O I am not sure of my math since that makes VTA Botanical Gin greater in density than almost any other flavor, but not by a lot compared to some similar ones. Sure would be nice if they figured this stuff out for us.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Mixed this the 25th and it is petty damn good. All %.
    WF(SC) almond cookie 1.5
    FA fuji 1.5
    INW cactus .5
    Cap double apple 1.5
    TFA dulce de leche 2.
    VTA honeycomb 2.25
    FA marzipan 1.
    Apple is up front and center where I wanted it and still retains a tart note (I was afraid the honeycomb and ddl would make it all sweet with no up notes). Hoping these percentages will work in a rta. Luckily I have a clean empty Nano I can wick up and try it out in. I'll mix 30ml of this and another 15ml subbing italian cream for the dulce de leche. Which reminds me I need to taste my sf WF caramel butter.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston

That’s sounds delicious!! I think I’ll have a whirl at this mix myself! Thanks

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I am having an issue with VTA Botanical Gin and the weight in grams per ml. This is important in measuring by weight and ELR doesn't have manufacturer's specified gravity for VTA concentrates. I knew when I was playing around with the percentages that something was off. I think that the weight in grams per ml. should be 1.133, based on Vape Train's Australian site which gives the weight in grams of a 10ml bottle as 25g and a 30ml bottle as 40g. This kind of math is not my strong suit. o_O I am not sure of my math since that makes VTA Botanical Gin greater in density than almost any other flavor, but not by a lot compared to some similar ones. Sure would be nice if they figured this stuff out for us.
    The only thing I can think of to try; is using a syringe, and doing your own weight measurements.

Since even medical/pharmaceutical grade syringes have a +/-5% allowable variance; I would do a rough calibration using plain water first. That should tell you whether the graduations on the specific syringe are off any.

Once the syringe is calibrated, weigh the syringe dry (without any liquid) to get its tare weight. Then draw up the appropriate amount of VTA Botanical Gin and weigh syringe and concentrate. Deduct the weight of the syringe... and you should end up with the (mostly) true weight of the gin.

My only concern with the VTA weights is whether they include the weight of the bottle. Often, manufacturer weight is a "shipping" weight that includes the packaging.

If the booze concentrate actually includes any significant amount of ethyl alcohol; it is possible that the concentrate might weigh less than 1.0g/mL.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    The only thing I can think of to try; is using a syringe, and doing your own weight measurements.

Since even medical/pharmaceutical grade syringes have a +/-5% allowable variance; I would do a rough calibration using plain water first. That should tell you whether the graduations on the specific syringe are off any.

Once the syringe is calibrated, weigh the syringe dry (without any liquid) to get its tare weight. Then draw up the appropriate amount of VTA Botanical Gin and weigh syringe and concentrate. Deduct the weight of the syringe... and you should end up with the (mostly) true weight of the gin.

My only concern with the VTA weights is whether they include the weight of the bottle. Often, manufacturer weight is a "shipping" weight that includes the packaging.

If the booze concentrate actually includes any significant amount of ethyl alcohol; it is possible that the concentrate might weigh less than 1.0g/mL.

It never occurred to me that the manufacturer weight might include the bottle. I plan to weigh it for myself but was looking for the easy way. ;) Thank you!

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    God I need help! I just received 14 new flavors today. A week after saying that was it. No more. And to make it even worse I’ve already got a few flavors on my wish list!

Does this ever end!!

So many flavors. So many recipes. Such a short amount of time. o_O !

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    God I need help! I just received 14 new flavors today. A week after saying that was it. No more. And to make it even worse I’ve already got a few flavors on my wish list!

Does this ever end!!

So many flavors. So many recipes. Such a short amount of time. o_O !
    Nope.....It never ends.............

Users who are viewing this thread