Random DIY mixing and More

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
What kind do you use? Fluorescents are nice (you can mix cool and warm white bulbs... cheaper than fancy grow lights) Of course, I did once have a 1000 watt HID light for growing "other" plants. That was fun but the electric bill was not. Some of the new LEDs are cool (low wattage and run cool)
2 600w and 1 1000w led panel, sunlike full spectrum. Way better than any alternative.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I’ve never had poison ivy and if I picked that up it would be from last weekend when we did the yard debris.
I would think it would have kicked in sooner but if it is, you will know for sure very soon. Out here we have poison oak (same thing basically) It will drive you nuts. Don't scratch it! Aveeno oatmeal soap helps. I'm not a big fan of calamine lotion but it can help. Now that I've completely got you worried I actually think it was something else. In the future, if you are around poison ivy, as soon as possible take a cool shower (as cold as you can stand it) It will rinse the oil off your skin without letting your pores open. Wash all clothing and wash your hands after touching shoes. I have become an expert on this subject (the hard way)

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
United States
I've only used premade claptons too. I have decided to get either the 36ss/28ss or the 36ss/26ss. Which wire did you end up getting?
I only bought round coil Kanthal and SS316 I'm still researching on what to get for clapton wire. I usually will build a 1.0 and above for MTL rtas.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
2 600w and 1 1000w led panel, sunlike full spectrum. Way better than any alternative.
You are officially a pro :thumb: Are you sure it's not a 1000 W "equivalent"? LEDs are not full spectrum but they got smart and combined several colors so it works (not being a smarty but I have done extensive research on this for years) Plants mostly just need blue and red anyway (blue for foliage growth and red for blooming)

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I only bought round coil Kanthal and SS316 I'm still researching on what to get for clapton wire. I usually will build a 1.0 and above for MTL rtas.

Vandyvape makes some superfine Clapton for mtl. I have a couple rolls.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    I would think it would have kicked in sooner but if it is, you will know for sure very soon. Out here we have poison oak (same thing basically) It will drive you nuts. Don't scratch it! Aveeno oatmeal soap helps. I'm not a big fan of calamine lotion but it can help. Now that I've completely got you worried I actually think it was something else. In the future, if you are around poison ivy, as soon as possible take a cool shower (as cold as you can stand it) It will rinse the oil off your skin without letting your pores open. Wash all clothing and wash your hands after touching shoes. I have become an expert on this subject (the hard way)
    Yeah I have no idea. It’s either mosquito bites or gnat bites...but most bugs do not bite me. I have like 25 bites on my arms and a couple on my legs and one between my fingers. None on the torso. So it had to be when I mowed. Still itchy. I’m putting on Benadryl cream and it helps some but not enough. :eek:

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I've always wanted to ask... do doctors enjoy administering shots like that and watching their patients squirm in pain?

Did you smile while giving those kinds of shots?

Are guys or gals the bigger babies?

Be honest. :D

I never actually enjoyed causing pain, but I knew I was helping the patient. No, there was no sadistic grin on my face. And yes, men are the bigger babies. If men had to bear children, this species would be extinct. Adam would have given birth to Cain, and that would be the end of mankind.

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    There are premade MTL clapton coils if that helps. Vandy Vape is one brand I'm aware of.

Storm52

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 27, 2014
    Shreveport, LA
    I am so curious about the Nauti tanks I have coming. I should have one of them soon.
    If you don't find the nautilus GT giving you the flavor from the coils, don't despair. There are plenty of members who would purchase your coil stash! :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    If you don't find the nautilus GT giving you the flavor from the coils, don't despair. There are plenty of members who would purchase your coil stash! :)
    Yes, I’m sure. I really hope to like the tanks.

Users who are viewing this thread