Random DIY mixing and More

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
If anyone is interested in a simple kind of tropical fruit mix, here is what I have been vaping on the last few days.
  • 3% WF Island Mango
  • 1% FA Pear
  • 3.75% FA Watermelon (Red Summer)
That ^^^ does look good. Thanks for sharing Red.

FA Pear gains creaminess over time. How long of a steep did you give it?

I haz all doze flavors. :thumbs:

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
That ^^^ does look good. Thanks for sharing Red.

FA Pear gains creaminess over time. How long of a steep did you give it?

I haz all doze flavors. :thumbs:
I gave it 7 days. It probably doesn't even need it. But I tend to wait at least a week out of habit.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
Nope, no LA.
I'm sure you have some options. Only have a few watermelon flavors, so I'm not sure which one might work best. I just happen to use Red Summer most often. Flavorah's is pretty good, but I only use that one for a particular recipe.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
About a week steep on this one. It’s not bad so far but think either it needs a longer steep or could use something else.
805f552ad2e138de0fdf3ef58b215175.jpg
who is NR please Hitt? for the Butter Cookie

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm sure you have some options. Only have a few watermelon flavors, so I'm not sure which one might work best. I just happen to use Red Summer most often. Flavorah's is pretty good, but I only use that one for a particular recipe.
    I have the FLV and Molinberry Big Watermelon.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Number three is a Caramel one-shot. That might go away which is why I'm trying to figure out a caramel recipe.
    Now that I know you are looking for a caramel recipe...

Here is my butterscotch. Add the caramels I added below and you will have a creamy caramel. There is no one caramel, or butterscotch, to rule them all. Making a convincing butterscotch or caramel requires using a few combined in a mix.

FW Butterscotch Ripple 3.5%
    FA Butterscotch 2%
    FA Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) 3%
    FA Vienna Cream 0.75%
    FLV Cream 0.5%

add the following to bring Caramel to the front...

FA Caramel 1%
    FW Caramel Candy 1%

I make it like that for a Caramel forward juice.

I have several variations of the above that I've developed over the years. One I like a lot is adding FW Natural Butterscotch 1%.

I have solutions for making that more sweet or less sweet.

If you want just a plain caramel juice make it as above. If you want some foundation then add FA Cookie 0.5% or INW Biscuit 0.5%. You could use a cake too. Like WF Fluffy White Cake at 1.5-2%. A nut could be added as well.

:)

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    You know I've never heard much about Molinberry flavors. Are there any of theirs that you would consider must haves? The only one I ever read much about was Legendary Custard, and I know I probably wouldn't care for that.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    You know I've never heard much about Molinberry flavors. Are there any of theirs that you would consider must haves? The only one I ever read much about was Legendary Custard, and I know I probably wouldn't care for that.
    I am not an expert on Molinberry by any means. I just have a couple flavors I've never tried. I did have that Green banana and Bamboo milk but I piffed that.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I’m thinking of mixing Red’s little fruit mix. I’ll have to sub the watermelon. I have FA but not the Red Summer.
    If you have FA watermelon then you have Red Summer. They are one in the same. Flavour Art calls it Watermelon (Red Summer).

Both of those are good too. I have a bunch of different watermelons.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    If you have FA watermelon then you have Red Summer. They are one in the same. Flavour Art calls it Watermelon (Red Summer).

Both of those are good too. I have a bunch of different watermelons.
    Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same about the FA. I would expect the FLV to be less sweet?

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same about the FA. I would expect the FLV to be less sweet?
    On its own the FA watermelon is not very sweet to begin with. The FLV is sweeter than the FA. The MB leans more towards a sweeter candy type watermelon.

From HIC's notes:
    "As with most FA fruits, this is very realistic, fresh fruit flavor - including some seeds and rind. It’s not very sweet, not like candy watermelon flavors at all."

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    On its own the FA watermelon is not very sweet to begin with. The FLV is sweeter than the FA. The MB leans more towards a sweeter candy type watermelon.

From HIC's notes:
    "As with most FA fruits, this is very realistic, fresh fruit flavor - including some seeds and rind. It’s not very sweet, not like candy watermelon flavors at all."
    FA it is. Thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread