Random DIY mixing and More

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I've been mixing at 30pg/70vg, seriously thinking about 40pg/60vg or even 50/50. I have been clearing my throat quite a bit lately, thinking it's the high vg. Flavor is my #1 priority, clouds are not. Since I vape dtl is the 40/60 or the 50/50 a good idea?
PG is much harsher than VG so if you dtl bear that in mind. Some here say that VG clogs there lungs so your throat clearing thing may make sense. @Zazie has a VG intolerance I think. Having said that many people are certainly allergic to PG....hope that helps.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Reminds me of the of the TV show "MASH"... have you ever seen the last episode (at least as far as I know it was... the one where the lady had a crying baby on the bus... oh I mean chicken) That episode blew my mind.
Be warned... this is very disturbing to watch:

I'm not kidding... I cried when I watched this episode.

I haven’t seen it since it first aired, but it’s still such a vivid memory. Very ahead of it’s time for showing that kind of content. I don’t have any desire to see it again. Absolutely crushing

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Good morning random folks :)Have you any plans today?
Sorting through this hot mess. At least I have endless choices on what to vape :lol:
0B1A8CD1-F5D7-4951-A1C5-3D75379CC950.jpeg

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My first go at an Amarula Chocolate Cake is just ok. It's a strong coffee cake with a chocolate note. Vapeable but not quite what I'm after.

I used Amarula at 0.5%, mistake. When I originally mixed this I made a last second change thinking 0.15% or even 0.25% would not be strong enough to hold it's own with the other flavors. I was wrong, 0.5% is too strong, and I knew better too, Amarula lesson relearned.

I went with FLV Chocolate Deutsch, which combined with Amarula is good. There is no coconut note to be found in the chocolate Deutsch. If it's there the Amarula likely covers it up. Chocolate Deutsch is good in this mix but I want something more in the way of the chocolate. Like VTA Chocolate Mousse.

I will leave the cake base as is because I like how fluffy white cake and pound cake work together for a cake. Going to add FA Milk as that does help to tame the Amarula. In my original Amarula recipe (7/8/21) I used 1% FA Milk and was pleased.

I'll add the chocolate mousse and milk to my existing mix to see if that helps push this mix in the direction I want.

For my next mixing attempt I'm planning on the following (depending):

WF Fluffy White Cake 2.5%
    FLV Pound Cake 1%
    FA Amarula 0.15%
    VTA Chocolate Mousse 2%
    FA Milk 1%

And maybe, still use FLV Chocolate Deutsch if I like the results of my fixes.
    By the time I was done testing the Amarula I was down to 2 drops in 15ml.

Boudica

ECF Veteran
    Nov 16, 2013
    Auckland. New Zealand
    Just have a few more hits of my other mixes....chefs Rolly Poly AND spotted dick. Ha Ha. Both 50/50 10%nic. nice.

Tomorrow I intend to dilute by half my commercial juices, (salts) easy peasy n finally do something with condensed milk, going to try it with lemon meringue I think.
    opps...forgot to ask, re Phizer was that the two jabs? i.e. both the same?
    As in both Phizer?

Flipping heck NOLA mel....im surprised to see you, are you and hubby ok?
    What about the house and property, what is the damage like?

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    @ShowMeTwice can answer this stateside....
    A gallon of VG at Bulk Apothecary is now $26. The last time I bought some it was $13.40 per gallon. Glycerin

Just checked their PG price, today it's $36.60, down about $10 from yesterday. It was $18.52 p/gallon when I last bought mine. Prices of PG shoot up and down like the stock market. Propylene Glycol

At Tractor Supply the current price of a gallon of USP PG is $32.99. https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/ideal-animal-health-usp-propylene-glycol-1-gal

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    A gallon of VG at Bulk Apothecary is now $26. The last time I bought some it was $13.40 per gallon. Glycerin

Just checked their PG price, today it's $36.60, down about $10 from yesterday. It was $18.52 p/gallon when I last bought mine. Prices of PG shoot up and down like the stock market. Propylene Glycol

At Tractor Supply the current price of a gallon of USP PG is $32.99. https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/ideal-animal-health-usp-propylene-glycol-1-gal
    This is for @englishmick :wub:

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    I've been mixing at 30pg/70vg, seriously thinking about 40pg/60vg or even 50/50. I have been clearing my throat quite a bit lately, thinking it's the high vg. Flavor is my #1 priority, clouds are not. Since I vape dtl is the 40/60 or the 50/50 a good idea?
    Seems like high vg can do that to me a bit, but I like my vape thick and dense and it's not too bad for me.
    One issue you may have considered is wicking, you may need to change it a little to compensate for thinner e-liquid.
    I remember buying some commercial liquids that were 40pg/60vg, using factory sub ohm coils, and it was borderline for leaking, the higher pg definitely seeped through the wicking more when sitting especially. With a rebuildable you can control that more.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I have mixes that are 50/50, 40pg/60vg, 30pg/70vg and I MTL/RDL/DL. I don't have any issues vaping RDL/DL with 40/60 or 50/50. I don't find 50/50 or 40/60 to be harsh with RDL/DL. I've always liked a stronger throat hit though.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    @NolaMel goodness me hope you are unhurt and ok. I just HAVE to get to bed now, 3.15am.

guess you ok coz on here, will be looking in the am, night all.
    Good night and sleep well. Catch you on the rebound.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Just have a few more hits of my other mixes....chefs Rolly Poly AND spotted dick. Ha Ha. Both 50/50 10%nic. nice.

Tomorrow I intend to dilute by half my commercial juices, (salts) easy peasy n finally do something with condensed milk, going to try it with lemon meringue I think.

Flipping heck NOLA mel....im surprised to see you, are you and hubby ok?
    What about the house and property, what is the damage like?
    Our house came through quite well, only missing some shingles around the solar panels. Lots and lots of huge trees down, but all missed us! The rest of the area is a giant mess. I’m hoping they get some power up before we go back next week. No power/cable-internet/sewer services and limited cell. And no gasoline within two hours drive. My neighbor had to go about 3 hours away to get gas for his in-laws generator. Some groceries opened yesterday on generator power, but very limited supplies with quantity restrictions. I’m very happy to be 6 hours away at the moment.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana

I use 70VG. I did try 50/50 but that gave me a lot of flooding. Presumably you need to adjust your wicking to use more PG. I gave up on it though, been wicking the same way for a long time.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Glad you grabbed all that.
    If nothing else, it’ll force me to sort it out. I got a four pack of little plastic bins at Walmart yesterday for that purpose. I think I’ll take them back home and use them to isolate steeping groups and one for ready to use. Obviously my organization method had gotten pretty oh so NOT organized

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    If nothing else, it’ll force me to sort it out. I got a four pack of little plastic bins at Walmart yesterday for that purpose. I think I’ll take them back home and use them to isolate steeping groups and one for ready to use. Obviously my organization method had gotten pretty oh so NOT organized
    Well when you grab everything and throw it into a bag to flee a hurricane I suppose it's going to look like that.....no don't tell me it was like that anyway....not listening....dah di dah di dah :lol::lol::wub:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

I've used 70vg forever but I've noticed that since I started trying to reduce my nic level from 12mg to 6mg and 3mg for high output DL that I'm not only vaping more but also get more phlegm. I'm going back up to 9 or 12mg for most new mixes and have started making a few with 60vg. I may eventually try 50/50.

Users who are viewing this thread