Random DIY mixing and More

englishmick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
BTW, do you like the gooseberry?

Getting there. Right now I have 6% FE Gooseberry with 1% MM and 2% sweet cream. Nice vape. For some reason I don't understand once in a while I get a strong gooseberry flavor, most of the time it's a pleasant fruity flavor but not so obviously gooseberry. GB is a naturally bitter fruit and that was too much for me, the MM tones it down just the right amount for me.

Originally I tried it at everything from 0.5% to 8% hoping to find the right level. Only reason I have it at 6% now is I had a bottle of 6% sitting around so I added MM to that. Probably try different %s again. It's a strong enough flavor that it should take well to some graham cracker or other additions.

When I got the flavor from FJ they only sold it in small sample size bottles. Next order I'll ask them to consider doing larger bottles.

englishmick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
My plans are to go to bed, and when I get up to immediately go find some vape juice to buy. My Sceptre is almost empty and my mail order doesn't get here until Moday. I finished what I bought last week - it almost made it!

Been there. When I first started buying juice on-line I kept forgetting to order more. My local store had a big wicker basket full of out of date or discontinued juice at $1 a bottle. I got some good juice that way, and one memorably gross bottle.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Getting there. Right now I have 6% FE Gooseberry with 1% MM and 2% sweet cream. Nice vape. For some reason I don't understand once in a while I get a strong gooseberry flavor, most of the time it's a pleasant fruity flavor but not so obviously gooseberry. GB is a naturally bitter fruit and that was too much for me, the MM tones it down just the right amount for me.

Originally I tried it at everything from 0.5% to 8% hoping to find the right level. Only reason I have it at 6% now is I had a bottle of 6% sitting around so I added MM to that. Probably try different %s again. It's a strong enough flavor that it should take well to some graham cracker or other additions.

When I got the flavor from FJ they only sold it in small sample size bottles. Next order I'll ask them to consider doing larger bottles.
    I have 30ml bottles and I think they came from FJ but not sure.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    Mornin . . .

AxJfYvM.png

Finally slept in (only got up once) . . . But still tired, . . . So no plans for the rest of the day, besides surfing ECF every so often, binge watching TV , and finding something to eat . . . . May even throw a nap in too, so I can be rested enough to make it to my 3 doctor's appointments this Tuesday & 1 on Wednesday . . . :closedeyes:

Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Mornin . . .

AxJfYvM.png

Finally slept in (only got up once) . . . But still tired, . . . So no plans for the rest of the day, besides surfing ECF every so often, binge watching TV , and finding something to eat . . . . May even throw a nap in too, so I can be rested enough to make it to my 3 doctor's appointments this Tuesday & 1 on Wednesday . . . :closedeyes:

Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

Mornin, Uncle :)

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    I am vaping my new mix. What I thought would be a berry cake turned out more like a real life Berry Muffin. That was a pleasant surprise. It is tasty!

Blackberry Muffin

FLV Blackberry 0.7%
    FA Raspberry 0.4%
    FW White Cake 2.5%
    FA Cookie 0.6%
    WF Frozen Yogurt 1.5%
    VTA Vanilla Cream 1.3%

FLV Blackberry and FA Raspberry pair well together in a mix. The percents are low and for good reason. Both are more highly concentrated flavors and I knew if much more than 1% combined was used that they would overpower the bakery notes (I did not want that).

FLV Blackberry is just an awesome berry flavor. FA Raspberry is here to compliment the blackberry and to add a touch of tartness to the overall berry profile.

The berry flavor in this mix shines through as it would in an actual Berry Muffin. The berry profile is light but it is front and center compared to the muffin itself.

FW White Cake provides the yummy insides of a muffin. FA Cookie delivers the crust element of a muffin and adds texture. I am very impressed with how these two work with each other in mixes.

WF Frozen Yogurt. I need to get this out of the way first; it is not a yogurt flavor whatsoever. There is no yogurt in it. It is however an excellent cream flavor. VTA Vanilla Cream brings a light vanilla note and fine creaminess. Combined they deliver a very pleasing creaminess and mouthfeel.

Don't let the percentages fool you. This mix serves up flavor!

I'm very happy with how this turned out and will be making a larger batch.

@Zazie, can you please add this to your blog? Ty :)

ETA: The level of sweetness is ~5 (1 being near zero sweetness and 10 being sickly sweet).

ETA2: Steep time: 30 days for anything over 15mls. 15mls or less 12-20 days.

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I have one or two, but been lazy purchasing stock coils. And IIRC the RBA is pretty small to work with. But most others probably are too.

What ohms are those?

I believe they are .5 but I’ll double check

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
    I believe they are .5 but I’ll double check
    I should have said "I use high ohm vapes" to save you the trouble of looking. Thank you though, very kind, but I'll pass.

I usually get up around 1.0 ohms or 1.2. Saves battery, and I don't need clouds.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    I have one or two, but been lazy purchasing stock coils. And IIRC the RBA is pretty small to work with. But most others probably are too.
    The STM RBA decks are smaller than any of my other RBA's. Just about all the current dedicated RTA decks are larger and easier to work with.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I am vaping my new mix. What I thought would be a cake turned out more like a real life Berry Muffin. That was a pleasant surprise. It is tasty!

Blackberry Muffin

FLV Blackberry 0.7%
    FA Raspberry 0.4%
    FW White Cake 2.5%
    FA Cookie 0.6%
    WF Frozen Yogurt 1.5%
    VTA Vanilla Cream 1.3%

FLV Blackberry and FA Raspberry pair well together in a mix. The percents are low and for good reason. Both are more highly concentrated flavors and I knew if 1% combined was exceeded that they would overpower the bakery notes (I did not want that).

FLV Blackberry is just an awesome berry flavor. FA Raspberry is here to compliment the blackberry and to add a touch of tartness to the overall berry profile.

The berry flavor in this mix shines through as it would in an actual Berry Muffin. The berry profile is light but it is front and center compared to the muffin itself.

FW White Cake provides the yummy insides of a muffin. FA Cookie delivers the crust element of a muffin and adds texture. I am very impressed with how these two work with each other in mixes.

WF Frozen Yogurt. I need to get this out of the way first; it is not a yogurt flavor whatsoever. There is no yogurt in it. It is however an excellent cream flavor. VTA Vanilla Cream brings a light vanilla note and fine creaminess. Combined they deliver a very pleasing creaminess and mouthfeel.

Don't let the percentages fool you. This mix serves up flavor!

I'm very happy with how this turned out and will be making a larger batch.

@Zazie, can you please add this to your blog? Ty :)

ETA: The level of sweetness is ~5 (1 being near zero sweetness and 10 being sickly sweet).

ETA2: Steep time: 30 days for anything over 15mls. 15mls or less 12-20 days.
    Lookin good. :thumbs:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I should have said "I use high ohm vapes" to save you the trouble of looking. Thank you though, very kind, but I'll pass.

I usually get up around 1.0 ohms or 1.2. Saves battery, and I don't need clouds.

I went downstairs anyway to workout so looked and they are a .5 resistance. I think there are about 150 and there are a couple toptanks in with them that I think are clones. Too bad they won’t work for you. I think they are lonely down there.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I went downstairs anyway to workout so looked and they are a .5 resistance. I think there are about 150 and there are a couple toptanks in with them that I think are clones. Too bad they won’t work for you. I think they are lonely down there.
    Maybe someone else is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread