Jun 15, 2011
passing-by.gif

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Strawberry??? Ooooh that reminded me... @Zazie, as requested, here is one of my Medicine Flower recipes. :)

Creamy Strawberry Cookie

MF Strawberry 1%
FA Juicy Strawberry 0.75%
FLV Cream 0.5%
SSA Madagascar Vanilla 0.75%
JF Biscuit 1%
FA Cookie (Biscotto) 0.5%

4.5% total flavoring / Steep time: 6-8 weeks (MF's require that)

The star is MF Strawberry, the best and most realistic tasting strawberry around. It's being backed up by FA Juicy Strawberry for a more complete berry profile.
Thanks, SMT. Wouldn't you know it, though? Strawberry is an MF flavor I didn't bother to buy, because I've never been able to taste strawberry in a vape.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
From the few notes I saw on it, it sounds like it still needs something to boost the crust for the recipe. The flavor itself sounds good but isn't going to be a complete pie flavor by itself.
I'll be buying WF Sugar Pie with my next BCF order.

Julia Su says "Overall it’s a delicious, versatile, not overly sweet flavour which could be used with any sorts of custards, bakeries, some fruits or tobaccos."

SessionDrummer rates it highly (9.1/10) and says it's "a few ticks above mid level sweet".

It does sound like it needs help with the pie crust. I'm thinking OOO Pie Crust as it's a flaky neutral pie crust. When I get WF Sugar Pie I'll mix it with OOO Pie Crust (only) just to get the crust balanced and to see what sugar pie has going on.

If WF Sugar Pie is sweet there are plenty of ways to tame that.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Thanks, SMT. Wouldn't you know it, though? Strawberry is an MF flavor I didn't bother to buy, because I've never been able to taste strawberry in a vape.
Next time I mix that recipe I'll pop 10mls in the mail for you to try. ;) Maybe you'll be able to taste the MF strawberry. It's not like any of the other strawberries used in DIY. But, it is too expensive to buy just to see if you can taste their strawberry.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Next time I mix that recipe I'll pop 10mls in the mail for you to try. ;) Maybe you'll be able to taste the MF strawberry. It's not like any of the other strawberries used in DIY. But, it is too expensive to buy just to see if you can taste their strawberry.
You're a peach, bub. Thank you very much.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
I just can’t get what a Sugar Pie is supposed to be ? Sounds awful sweet to me.
A traditional sugar pie is a dessert of the western European countries of Northern France and Belgium, where it is called tarte au sucre.

Belgian sugar pie...
Sugar-Pie-wo-piece-e1473202520418-1024x683.jpg

Recipe from Belgian Foodie: Uncle Brad's Sugar Pie for a Special Treat

It’s the buttermilk in the recipe that makes Uncle Brad’s Sugar Pie so delicious. It offsets the normal sweetness of this pie. I’m personally not fond of anything that tastes too sweet (to me). In recipes featuring sugar, I often try to add something sour or tart to tone down the sweetness of the dessert.

IRL, a traditional sugar pie is supposed to be sweet but there are recipes where folks use other ingredients to tame the sweetness.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Yup. Love 'em. Although I agree with @smacuser that they don't taste as good as they used to.
Well, now I want to make a strawberry shortcake or cobbler just to make sure I can still taste them. I only make them in the summertime for some weird reason. Maybe because I am weird unique.
unnamed.gif
Not as cute as a rat but still pretty darn cute.

bfW1Pj.gif

Happy FRIDAY everyone. Have a fantastic Day!​

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    A traditional sugar pie is a dessert of the western European countries of Northern France and Belgium, where it is called tarte au sucre.
    Probably tastes great with strawberry :)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good morning mixers. I had to put together a small outdoor furniture set the wife ordered online last night after work. It came with this little square table with a hinged lid that opens and it took forever to get it together and square so it didn’t wobble. What a pain.

My boss wasn’t supposed to be back until today but popped in around 3 yesterday. He never comes back early.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    @Zazie, I just finished mixing a fairly basic test recipe using MF Strawberry.

Thinking that after it's steeped, and I try it, I'll then forward it to you to try / test. My hope is that you will be able to taste the s-berry.

I mixed it with one of my many vanilla bases. Some of which aren't in the blog (yet).

MF Strawberry 1.75%
    INW Shisha Strawberry 0.75% ---> doesn't fade, works w/MF
    SC Lemon 0.25% ---> a dash of lemon will enhance any s-berry

mixed with...

FA Madagascar Vanilla (Vanilla Classic) 2.75%
    FA Vienna Cream 0.5%
    INW Shisha Vanilla 1%
    FLV Cream 1%

FWIW: Per my notes and the consensus at ELR (of those experienced w/using MF S-berry)... MF Strawberry is one of Medicine Flower's weaker flavors. It can be pushed to 1.75%; however it should not be pushed any further. ;)

Zaz, question for you... Do you prefer a cookie or a doughnut? Or both? Don't ask why! :D

Last edited:

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Well, now I want to make a strawberry shortcake or cobbler just to make sure I can still taste them. I only make them in the summertime for some weird reason. Maybe because I am weird unique. View attachment 974543 Not as cute as a rat but still pretty darn cute.

View attachment 974541

Happy FRIDAY everyone. Have a fantastic Day!​
    It makes sense that you only make them in the summer: that's when they're in season, at least in the northeast. Sure, they're available year-round, but they're best freshly picked from a local source.

Users who are viewing this thread