Random DIY mixing and More

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, mixers.

Looks to be another dry and crisp day, 27 overnight, heading to, uh, 37?? Made it to 38 yesterday, not much melting.

1670163203474.png

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I Watched it so long ago it’s like a new show now.
Last time I saw X-Files was years ago when it was still airing. Hulu has all the episodes. Our plan is to watch a couple at a time. I can't binge watch shows.

The new Willow is out on Disney+. We watched the first two episodes. The series is a sequel to the 1988 movie. It's excellent.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I still haven't watched an American football game this year. We've been watching many of the FIFA World Cup futbol games.

The USMT lost to the Netherlands in the round of 16 yesterday. That's further than many predicted they would get. They had the youngest team there, so this was excellent experience for them going forward. We will watch the remainder of the WC.

The US Women's Team is still ranked number 1 in the world. They're always fun to watch. The next FIFA Women's World Cup is in Australia and New Zealand this coming July. :thumb:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    The Chiefs don’t play until 3:25 today. I think I’ll try to get in some sort of exercise this morning. Also need to put away some boxes from review samples. I haven’t felt like writing this weekend so may just take the whole weekend off from reviews.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Last time I saw X-Files was years ago when it was still airing. Hulu has all the episodes. Our plan is to watch a couple at a time. I can't binge watch shows.

The new Willow is out on Disney+. We watched the first two episodes. The series is a sequel to the 1988 movie. It's excellent.
    A few weeks ago I happened to see an episode of an old show called Eureka that I used to like. Semi-comedy sci fi. Then they started showing it all from the beginning. I thought that was cool because when it first came out I maybe saw every third episode. I was happy for a while but they stopped after the first season.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The Chiefs don’t play until 3:25 today. I think I’ll try to get in some sort of exercise this morning. Also need to put away some boxes from review samples. I haven’t felt like writing this weekend so may just take the whole weekend off from reviews.
    I may watch a Super Bowl game.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    A few weeks ago I happened to see an episode of an old show called Eureka that I used to like. Semi-comedy sci fi. Then they started showing it all from the beginning. I thought that was cool because when it first came out I maybe saw every third episode. I was happy for a while but they stopped after the first season.

Yep, good series.

I see Amazon has only season one (although other sources seem to claim 5), but Peacock seems to have all 5 seasons.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    We liked Eureka. Saw all 5 seasons. Hulu only has season 1.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    The place I get my hair cut has an app so you can check in online and then show up when it’s about your turn. I checked in online and it said 13 minutes. I got there a few minutes before it should have been my turn and there were three in front of me. I had to wait quite a while and wasn’t very happy about it. I don’t know if the app was wrong or what. It’s not usually like that.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yep, good series.

I see Amazon has only season one (although other sources seem to claim 5), but Peacock seems to have all 5 seasons.
    Amazon Prime has all five seasons. Just checked.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2014
    The place I get my hair cut has an app so you can check in online and then show up when it’s about your turn. I checked in online and it said 13 minutes. I got there a few minutes before it should have been my turn and there were three in front of me. I had to wait quite a while and wasn’t very happy about it. I don’t know if the app was wrong or what. It’s not usually like that.

So, you check the app, you head over, what happens with walk ins? Are you ahead of them? Seems not.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    So, you check the app, you head over, what happens with walk ins? Are you ahead of them? Seems not.
    If I checked in before them then my name should be before theirs on the little screen on the check in counter. When I checked in it said 13 minutes. When I got there I shouldn’t have had to wait more than five minutes. Instead I waited probably 20-25.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I mentioned before that my mother in law was in the hospital with back problems. Well, my wife was at the hospital almost all day yesterday and got ready and went again today for another 4-5 hours. She knows I haven’t liked going to hospitals ever since my mom passed. She came home tonight and immediately got cross with me because I didn’t go with her today “because she could have used some help carrying stuff in for her mom”. All she took was a set of pajamas and a couple other small things. I think she’s frustrated because neither of her brothers have been to the hospital and there’s been no offer of help from them. All of a sudden it’s my fault and get the cold shoulder tonight. Such is life.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I just got off work. What a horrible day. I started at 8:30am and didn't get finished until after 7pm, and I only took one potty break, no lunch. The last hour and a half was trying to find addresses in the dark. So many people don't bother to put their street address on their house. That could be a problem if they need emergency services. I found that GPS could sometimes be a house or two off. I'm hoping that next Sunday we can start earlier.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I mentioned before that my mother in law was in the hospital with back problems. Well, my wife was at the hospital almost all day yesterday and got ready and went again today for another 4-5 hours. She knows I haven’t liked going to hospitals ever since my mom passed. She came home tonight and immediately got cross with me because I didn’t go with her today “because she could have used some help carrying stuff in for her mom”. All she took was a set of pajamas and a couple other small things. I think she’s frustrated because neither of her brothers have been to the hospital and there’s been no offer of help from them. All of a sudden it’s my fault and get the cold shoulder tonight. Such is life.
    Sorry about that. Hopefully the cold shoulder will ease up tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread