Random DIY mixing and More

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I going to mix @FranC Bourbon Crunch Granola but I don’t have FLV Bourbon so it’ll be Brandy Crunch Granola :D

I also don’t have CAP Whipped Cream, Fran is it ok to use TFA Whipped Cream? I also have FA & FLV Whipped Cream.
Just my 2 pennies, I prefer the TFA if kept under 1% it lifts and brightens flavors at that low %

:)

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2018
Cumbria
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Evening all,

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

In the end, I think it was down to a skanky coil, or possibly a hot spot. Changed out the wick and the coil, and it was a lot better.

Recipe I was referring to was this one: Nutters medley

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
How about at 1.5% :D?

Your other choices beside the tfa are more concentrated therefore you always know to use less flavoring.....you can use 1.5% tfa but to my tastes it kinda tastes different when used above 1%, but it may just be only my taste......go for it.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Your other choices beside the tfa are more concentrated therefore you always know to use less flavoring.....you can use 1.5% tfa but to my tastes it kinda tastes different when used above 1%, but it may just be only my taste......go for it.

Thank you :) maybe I’ll just use it @1% ;)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Evening all,

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

In the end, I think it was down to a skanky coil, or possibly a hot spot. Changed out the wick and the coil, and it was a lot better.

Recipe I was referring to was this one: Nutters medley
And aptly named....lots of nutty flavors ---over 7%.....I have found for me nut flavorings have that bitter taste after a couple of weeks and kind of shied me away from using them. Glad you like it.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I going to mix @FranC Bourbon Crunch Granola but I don’t have FLV Bourbon so it’ll be Brandy Crunch Granola :D

I also don’t have CAP Whipped Cream, Fran is it ok to use TFA Whipped Cream? I also have FA & FLV Whipped Cream.
    The TFA is fine

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Was busy mixing my first recipe with the scale. I did a repeat recipe. Quite easy for the first try.:)
    Glad you like it. I am going to try by weight again as i figured out i was using a very old recipe calculator that was giving me wrong info therefore totally messing up my mixing results.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Glad you like it. I am going to try by weight again as i figured out i was using a very old recipe calculator that was giving me wrong info therefore totally messing up my mixing results.

Glad you found the error. I haven't gotten ready yet to take the plunge into recipe calculators. One thing at a time.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans

Which one were you using, so we can avoid it?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Which one were you using, so we can avoid it?
    Since I had it copied to a flash drive, I can't find the orig link. So I do not believe it is still available and has probably just kinda fell off the radar as the years and newer liquid calculators came out. If you use the elrecipes system you will be fine.
    sry

edit to add
    I had tried using the weight method years ago it has not been within the last 3 years at least.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Thinking about mixing with weights, in theory one could place their bottle on the scales and add each ingredient by ml(syringe) and then write down the grams that the scales displays in grams and put the gram weight in their written recipes along side the mls. This way you know your own recipes will be exactly as the ones mixed with ml.

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    Does anyone subscribe to diyordie?
    I do as well but not very often anymore. At first I read everything I could find on there and even spoke to Wayne on occasion. I think I learned quite a bit. If I had time I would be on there more often.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    OK, my two fav places to order dont carry INW shisha apple but they have everything else. DIY vapor supply has everything but they are $$$$$. Anybody got any other fav places I havent tried
    You can always ask BCF if they would carry the INW Shisha Apple for you. They’re good like that.

I had asked for INW Shortbread & Solub Arome.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    OK, my two fav places to order dont carry INW shisha apple but they have everything else. DIY vapor supply has everything but they are $$$$$. Anybody got any other fav places I havent tried
    Search Results <—— that’s ecig express link
    Then 10% off with ELRECIPES

Users who are viewing this thread