Random DIY mixing and More

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I rebottled mine because they were messing with my storage. It may be a bad idea, but it took the aggravation out. Those nipple tips make me feel like I’m milking a tiny cow.... and accuracy? Out the door. I’m not nimble enough I guess

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Has anyone else had a problem tasting their other flavors after vaping The LMP? If I vape The LMP for a while then grab another pv, I can barely taste the flavor.
I think it’s the citrus. Grapefruit, etc do it to me as well. I have odd taste buds, so I thought it was just me. I usually vape mint for a couple minutes before I switch to another non citrus flavor.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Has anyone else had a problem tasting their other flavors after vaping The LMP? If I vape The LMP for a while then grab another pv, I can barely taste the flavor.

I haven't had a problem with it. I regularly go from LMP to my WF Hazelnuts & Cream. I can still taste the HN+C, even though it's not strong at the 6% I use in a single flavor mix. I haven't experienced any Lemon fading either from my Nick's LMP, as some of you have. Maybe my taste buds are just more sensitive? IDK

Last edited:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I haven't had a problem with it. I regularly go from LMP to my WF Hazelnuts & Cream. I can still taste the HN+C, even though it's not strong at the 6% I use in a single flavor mix. I haven't experienced any Lemon fading either from my Nick's LMP, as some of you have. Maybe my taste buds are just more sensitive? IDK
I think coffee probably messes with mine. I drink it most of the day. Either that, or my buds just refuse to recover from years of smoking. Seven years out, I think this is as good as they’ll get.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Well...you might want to give them another try then. :)
All the flavorings I've gotten from them in at least the past year or so have come in the PET plastic dropper bottles. Good for you all mixing by weight, but kind of bothersome for those of us who still mix by volume. There's no way for the flavoring vendors to please everyone in that regard though. :D

My first bought flavor concentrates came from Wizard Labs in glass (around 75 of them), and I well remember my first three years doing DIY. :facepalm: I would never consider going back to mixing by volume or the old steeping methods I once used. For 3 years now I've mixed the easiest way, the far more accurate way by weight. Switching to it was one of the best improvements I made for my DIY in the six years I have done it. Next best was getting the magnetic stir plate at about the same time. What I settled on may/will vary from others, but for my concentrates and DIY stored in larger size bottles I use Amber Boston Glass bottles. Dispenser bottles for atomizers, filling squonk bottles and for mixing DIY by weight...mostly reusable HDPE (some LDPE) that are safer than PET w/Luer Lock needle caps, twist top caps or flip top spouts. My DIY since switching has been no fuss, no muss, no mess and way, way faster. :thumb:

These were a game changer for me.
s-l1600.jpg SF400D-1.jpg stirplate160812.jpg

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My first bought flavor concentrates came from Wizard Labs in glass (around 75 of them), and I well remember my first three years doing DIY. :facepalm: I would never consider going back to mixing by volume or the old steeping methods I once used. For 3 years now I've mixed the easiest way, the far more accurate way by weight. Switching to it was one of the best improvements I made for my DIY in the six years I have done it. Next best was getting the magnetic stir plate at about the same time. What I settled on may/will vary from others, but for my concentrates and DIY stored in larger size bottles I use Amber Boston Glass bottles. Dispenser bottles for atomizers, filling squonk bottles and for mixing DIY by weight...mostly reusable HDPE (some LDPE) that are safer than PET w/Luer Lock needle caps, twist top caps or flip top spouts. My DIY since switching has been no fuss, no muss, no mess and way, way faster. :thumb:

These were a game changer for me.
    View attachment 803711 View attachment 803713 View attachment 803715
    Welcome to our Random world,Spydro:)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I would never consider going back to mixing by volume or the old steeping methods I once used. For 3 years now I've mixed the easiest way, the far more accurate way by weight. Switching to it was one of the best improvements I made for my DIY in the six years I have done it. ..................................My DIY since switching has been no fuss, no muss, no mess and way, way faster. :thumb:

Well, I'm glad that you found the measuring method, that in your opinion and experience, is the best for you. It's one of the nice things about DIY, IMO. We can all choose which method we like, that enables us to make perfectly great DIY.

IMO, there IS no 1 method that is, as many people say, "the easiest, most accurate, the best," etc. for everyone who does DIY. (In fact, many who've seen my posts for several years now, know that's sort of a "hotbutton" statement to me.) Mixing by volume is already no fuss, no muss, no mess, and very fast, for me...the way I do it. If it wasn't, I'd likely consider switching methods, especially since I already have 2 scales used years ago for other purposes, that could be used for it. But, I doubt I'll ever need/use them for DIY. :)

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Well, I'm glad that you found the measuring method, that in your opinion and experience, is the best for you. It's one of the nice things about DIY, IMO. We can all choose which method we like, that enables us to make perfectly great DIY.

IMO, there IS no 1 method that is, as many people say, "the easiest, most accurate, the best," etc. for everyone who does DIY. (In fact, many who've seen my posts for several years now, know that's sort of a "hotbutton" statement to me.) Mixing by volume is already no fuss, no muss, no mess, and very fast, for me...the way I do it. If it wasn't, I'd likely consider switching methods, especially since I already have 2 scales used years ago for other purposes, that could be used for it. But, I doubt I'll ever need/use them for DIY. :)
    I very much agree. There is no best way to DIY. It's what works best for each of us.:)

Users who are viewing this thread