Random DIY mixing and More

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Well, I'm glad that you found the measuring method, that in your opinion and experience, is the best for you. It's one of the nice things about DIY, IMO. We can all choose which method we like, that enables us to make perfectly great DIY.

IMO, there IS no 1 method that is, as many people say, "the easiest, most accurate, the best," etc. for everyone who does DIY. (In fact, many who've seen my posts for several years now, know that's sort of a "hotbutton" statement to me.) Mixing by volume is already no fuss, no muss, no mess, and very fast, for me...the way I do it. If it wasn't, I'd likely consider switching methods, especially since I already have 2 scales used years ago for other purposes, that could be used for it. But, I doubt I'll ever need/use them for DIY. :)

Opinions vary. Everything I said is true for my uses. It is way faster with less to deal with, clean up after. So I can agree to disagree with you. I'll do it my way, you do it your way. I will however also agree that the word 'best' is entirely a personal thing, why I didn't/don't use that word.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
Has anyone else had a problem tasting their other flavors after vaping The LMP? If I vape The LMP for a while then grab another pv, I can barely taste the flavor.

I need to be able to taste the LMP before I can answer ;) I have not dumped my bottle yet so maybe I will try it again to see if it un-muted/muddled itself.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Hey all. Need some assistance on this recipe I mixed up found on elr.

I don’t have CAP Creamy Yogurt yet ;) so used FVL Yogurt. it tastes wonderful as it is but even though the TPA Vanilla Custard brings a thick creamy flavor I’d like to increase that aspect without adding a more cheesecake taste to it.
So the plan is to add a small % of a cream attempting not to change the flavor profile as much as possible. But I just can’t decide which one. I have most of the usual suspects in my Flavor Stash. Of those here are several that most probably would work....

TPA Bavarian
FA Cream Fresh
VTA Creamy Custard
HS Italian Cream
CAP Sweet Cream
FW Sweet Cream

Suggestions, ideas and % would be very helpful. Thanks peeps!!

:headbang:

206D0AC4-01E8-48E2-AD27-1A890C8A50C9.jpeg

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Both new flavor orders came in, so I had to bust out flavor case #3 (ELR says that I have 184 flavors now :shock:) and organize them all. Thankfully, another case also gives me 2 more larger sections to put my bigger bottles in (I can fit 2 in one larger section), so they're not loose in ziplock bags anymore. :thumbs:

Somehow, I ended up with 2 FA Fresh Cream (must have botched up my inventory along the way, I guess) and 2 FA Zeppola (added to my cart twice & didn't notice :facepalm:), so I guess I'll be looking for recipes with those soon. Anyone, LOL? All are 10ml, so not a big deal. ;) Supposedly, Zeppola is better than CAP's glazed donut for that sort of thing, so maybe it will be a blessing in disguise (don't have CAP's anyway). :thumb:

Cheesecake Base V3... Not very cheesecake-y for me, but good. Will pull off parts of it and add some fruit, nuts, caramel, etc. and see what happens.

Custard King... Eh, not blowing my skirt up, but not bad... Needs something... :|

Pearberry... Added about 50% more flavor, so now I'm tasting the cranberry and pear. Could either use a bit more flavor or maybe a smidge of sweetener. Might kick up the cinnamon to see what it does, because I don't taste it at all.

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I need to find this Cheesy Rhubarb Bar receipt. It sounds like something I'd like.
    Cheesy Rhubarb Bar
    INW Rhubarb 1%
    WF Mascarpone .75%
    INW Biscuit 1%
    FA Cookie .75%
    FLV Milk and Honey .75%

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

I don’t have CAP Creamy Yogurt yet ;) so used FVL Yogurt. it tastes wonderful as it is but even though the TPA Vanilla Custard brings a thick creamy flavor I’d like to increase that aspect without adding a more cheesecake taste to it.
    So the plan is to add a small % of a cream attempting not to change the flavor profile as much as possible. But I just can’t decide which one. I have most of the usual suspects in my Flavor Stash. Of those here are several that most probably would work....

TPA Bavarian
    FA Cream Fresh
    VTA Creamy Custard
    HS Italian Cream
    CAP Sweet Cream
    FW Sweet Cream

There is no cheesecake in this recipe so I don't understand why you don't want any more of a cheesecake taste. Anyway,I would go with Fa Fresh Cream.

View attachment 803757

Reactions: NolaMel

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    @dc99 is referring to these (Flavorah glass "pip tip" bottles):
    View attachment 803687

The 15mL bottle stands 4.125" tall (w/ cap on). The last 10mL Purilum bottle I bought (07/2018) stands 2.875". I don't know if NR has changed 10mL bottle size since then.
    :)

I get what Flavorah was trying to do: make a dropper friendly bottle, while retaining the benefit of storing in glass. But, from a practical standpoint; they are kind of a PITA to use. They are excessively tall, top heavy (when inverted), and just don't feel right in my hand. I am also skeptical about how beneficial the glass really is, now that they have added all that extra dead air space. I would have rather seen them go to the more standard PET/LDPE drip-tip bottles that everybody else uses, and pass the savings from using a more economical bottle along, to us.

But... that's just me. :D

(Note: Flavorah only packages in 15mL and 4oz. bottles. Other sizes, like the 10 and 30ml bottle BCF offers, are re-bottled by the retailer (w/Flavorah's blessing) This is a typical Flavorah page from BCF:
    View attachment 803689
    Only the 15mL size comes with the Pip Tip bottle.)
    You are correct. Think I said 30 but they are 15ml. Just seem larger because of the tip and glass. I hate these things

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth

TPA Bavarian
    FA Cream Fresh
    VTA Creamy Custard
    HS Italian Cream
    CAP Sweet Cream
    FW Sweet Cream

View attachment 803757
    Hs Italian cream is thick as they get but it does have a twang to it(sour). VTA creamy custard .... You can fill in the dots. Its just in no way creamy custard. I would SFT it before I used it if I were you. I say maybe .25-.5% of the HS

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    The Ella’s butterscotch shortbread that I added pear and custard to is finally fully steeped. It turned out to be a good bump up, and a way to use some tfa pear, which I find too sweet/canned fruity. I don’t like pear in a vape enough to buy any others, but it fits nicely with the butterscotch shortbread

How much did you add? I now have all of the ingredients to make E's (regular) SB, so I will now have to order FW Butterscotch for the butterscotch version (but I love BS and pear!). I only have FLV (my FW Butterscotch Ripple nor FLV Smoked Butterscotch is going to work). :lol:

Cheesy Rhubarb Bar
    INW Rhubarb 1%
    WF Mascarpone .75%
    INW Biscuit 1%
    FA Cookie .75%
    FLV Milk and Honey .75%

I've got everything for the 'bar', but not for the 'Rhubarb' or the 'cheese'. LOL!

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    How much did you add? I now have all of the ingredients to make E's (regular) SB, so I will now have to order FW Butterscotch for the butterscotch version (but I love BS and pear!). I only have FLV (my FW Butterscotch Ripple nor FLV Smoked Butterscotch is going to work). :lol:

I've got everything for the 'bar', but not for the 'Rhubarb' or the 'cheese'. LOL!
    Must be time to make a flavor order:)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hs Italian cream is thick as they get but it does have a twang to it(sour). VTA creamy custard .... You can fill in the dots. Its just in no way creamy custard. I would SFT it before I used it if I were you. I say maybe .25-.5% of the HS
    Another case of everyone perceiving things differently. Italian Cream never seemed either thick or sour to me. I find it a great cream but I'm kinda leaning toward more cheesy-ness with the mascarpone and Brie.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Hs Italian cream is thick as they get but it does have a twang to it(sour).
    The "twang" might be useful, as this is a yogurt recipe. :)

@Fidola13, I agree with @dc99's suggestion of starting at 0.25-0.5%. The only thing I would add, is HS Italian Cream is a long steeper. If you try this one in your mix; be sure to give it a full month, before thinking about further changes. It may take that long for it to fully develop and contribute its influence to the recipe.

You can certainly do some test vaping along the way. But, leave final judgment, for the one month mark. :D

Users who are viewing this thread