Random DIY mixing and More

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I actually did get something done today.:) I got 2 of my recipes into ELR and my binder and got to toss 2 more little pad pages.

Ugh that reminds me I have to continue to transfer the screenshots of recipes onto elr. Just when I had most of them done somehow more and more appeared!! It’s tedious but I sometimes get good ideas from looking at the recipes.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Oh bummer I had 15 items in my cart on BCF and now it’s empty. Glad I didn’t delete the Shopping List from ELR. :-x
BCF (and a few others, I think???) use live on-line inventory levels, and when you put an item in your shopping cart, it deducts available inventory. If they allow it to sit there in limbo indefinently; they lose potential sales (from other customers who are ready to buy). So, every so often, the system clears out inactive carts.

I learned the hard way too.:( Now, I just use their wishlist option, until I am ready to make a purchase. The only thing I don't like about the wishlist is the inability to specify a desired size. Although, I suppose it has saved me a bit of money of time... as I am usually sure :)rolleyes:) I need a 30mL size when I first add it to my list. By the time I am actually ready to buy, I can't remember what I wanted it for, and buy only a 10mL size instead. BCF is managing my finances better than I am!:facepalm: :lol::lol::lol:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    BCF (and a few others, I think???) use live on-line inventory levels, and when you put an item in your shopping cart, it deducts available inventory. If they allow it to sit there in limbo indefinently; they lose potential sales (from other customers who are ready to buy). So, every so often, the system clears out inactive carts.

I learned the hard way too.:( Now, I just use their wishlist option, until I am ready to make a purchase. The only thing I don't like about the wishlist is the inability to specify a desired size. Although, I suppose it has saved me a bit of money of time... as I am usually sure :)rolleyes:) I need a 30mL size when I first add it to my list. By the time I am actually ready to buy, I can't remember what I wanted it for, and buy only a 10mL size instead. BCF is managing my finances better than I am!:facepalm: :lol::lol::lol:
    LOL,that is funny:)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston

Well I learn something be new every day! Thanks Joel

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have so many sft's to do that I'm probably not going to do them all. I do have most %'s written down and it's just a matter of doing them now. Hoping for at least two this afternoon.Slight progress is better than none.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    It’s a first version, so adjust to your taste... tfa pear and cap vanilla custard both at 3%. No idea why I picked that custard. May try it with creme brulee next go round. But, it’s good enough as is for me. Ymmv of course

Thanks, Mel! I sought out and made note of the Ella's Shortbread w/ Butterscotch recipe, so that I can try your variation and it already has CAP custard at 2%, so I'm wondering if there's another version of her recipe out there w/o the CAP? I can't imagine you'd be surprised at the custard choice, if the recipe you're following already has the CAP in it. :confused:

The version of Ella's SB w/ BS recipe that I found is at ELR called "Ella's Shortbread Biscuit (VHM) w Butterscotch":

Acetyl Pyrazine 5% (TPA) 0.5%
    Biscuit (INAWERA) 1.5%
    Butterscotch (FW) 2%
    Shisha Vanilla (INAWERA) 1%
    Sugar Cookie (CAP) 4%
    Vanilla Custard (CAP) 2%

Is this the same recipe that you're using?

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 13, 2014
    Vaping an old recipe that I have not mixed in a while. It is wllmc English Toffee Coffee on VU. This is my speed since I am not really into strong coffee vapes. I taste just a trace of the coffee and more of the English Toffee — YMMV. I would imagine someone who likes coffee vapes can add a coffee concentrate. I did use FA Fresh Cream instead of VT Sweet Cream.

3% VT Coffee Milk Froth
    0.5% VT English Toffee
    1.5% VT Sweet Cream

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thanks, Mel! I sought out and made note of the Ella's Shortbread w/ Butterscotch recipe, so that I can try your variation and it already has CAP custard at 2%, so I'm wondering if there's another version of her recipe out there w/o the CAP? I can't imagine you'd be surprised at the custard choice, if the recipe you're following already has the CAP in it. :confused:

The version of Ella's SB w/ BS recipe that I found is at ELR called "Ella's Shortbread Biscuit (VHM) w Butterscotch":

Acetyl Pyrazine 5% (TPA) 0.5%
    Biscuit (INAWERA) 1.5%
    Butterscotch (FW) 2%
    Shisha Vanilla (INAWERA) 1%
    Sugar Cookie (CAP) 4%
    Vanilla Custard (CAP) 2%

Is this the same recipe that you're using?

Is that FW butterscotch the butterscotch ripple or a different one?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I've seen Devon cream(CCW) on a few recipes on elr and decided to look for it. I guess it's made by a company called cupcake world. It's rather expensive so I was thinking of adding the VT version to a wishlist instead. Does anyone have any experience with this?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I've seen Devon cream(CCW) on a few recipes on elr and decided to look for it. I guess it's made by a company called cupcake world. It's rather expensive so I was thinking of adding the VT version to a wishlist instead. Does anyone have any experience with this?
    No but I have so many creams that I like I just don't feel the need for another.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    I saw it here Chef's Flavors - Devon Cream - 30mL

I also asked the same question but was told it’s different. So at the time I subbed with JF Bavarian Cream it was suggested in a recipe if one couldn’t get the Devon Cream.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I ordered from BCF at 11:35am and had tracking by 1pm! Their shipping speed always impresses me

Not to squash your enthusiasm, but...there's a little thing that most vendors know and use to their advantage, as well as the sellers on eBay and Amazon. But, lots of buyers don't know it. When the vendor, seller, etc. prints out the shipping label for your package and is charged for it...that automatically triggers the Shipment Notification to be sent to the buyer. It doesn't necessarily mean the package has actually been shipped. To find out when it's actually been turned over to the shipping entity (USPS, UPS, etc.), you need to check the tracking.

ETA: Because of the above...sometimes, buyers incorrectly blame a delivery delay on the shipping entity. It could have actually happened because the vendor waited a day or 2 after printing the shipping label...to actually hand the package over to the shipper. The buyer won't know that though, unless they check the tracking.

Last edited:

icepickmaker84

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 7, 2019
    Indiana
    Not to squash your enthusiasm, but...there's a little thing that many vendors know, as well the as sellers on eBay and Amazon. But, lots of buyers don't know it. When the vendor, seller, etc. prints out the shipping label for your package and pays for it...that automatically triggers the Shipment Notification to be sent to the buyer. It doesn't mean the package has actually been shipped. To find out when it's actually been turned over to the shipping entity (USPS, UPS, etc.), you need to check the tracking.

I know how the shipping process works lol but for them to have the label done that fast is still impressive. I sell on eBay and pride myself in getting stuff bagged, tagged, and shipped the same day too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread