Random DIY mixing and More

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
IMHO - What you are looking for is - KOOLADA - very fresh cooling effect . . . Nothing else . . . Where as WS-23 I didn't like at all, it left a not good after taste to me .
That's good to know. I have never tried cooling flavors (discovered butter mint and mixed it with everything, mostly fruits) Anyway, have been wanting to try that with something like watermelon (and other fruits)

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
It'll be a while. I'm not a tobacco vaper but I want to try some bacca recipes for Wifey.
"tobacco" flavor is such a broad catagory... so many ways to go with that. Could you give us some idea of what she might like? Besides the tobacco flavor, you can also have fruit, nutty, caramel, vanilla and of course menthol. Oh and even spiced.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
@AnthonyB - Normally when I create a recipe I do so in a 10ml bottle. The flavors I choose all get started at pretty low %'s. That way I can add more as needed and I don't waste. It's much easier to be able to add more than to try and dilute an over flavored mix.

Usually when I create something I will only start with a couple, 2-3, flavors and get those right where I want them before I start adding more of the flavors I want. With DIY I tend to think in terms of an upside down pyramid. The flavor you want out front is at the top, everything else is layered down to the point of the pyramid. Works for me.

I like creating my own recipes. There will always be the duds that just don't work out. Even with those I do try to add other flavors to try and improve them, and learn from. Sometimes those just don't work out and I end up tossing them. It happens.

As you get to know your flavors you will learn over time what works best with what. Take great notes with everything you do. Those will come in very handy. If you see others posting notes and info, grab those too, they are useful and do come in handy as well. I'm always grabbing folks info and popping them into text files.

:)
This is great advice. Thanks SMT!

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I have admiration for anyone who enjoys a nicely crafted banana flavored eliquid. I am glad you are here... sometimes I feel so alone.

don’t be sad brother, you are not alone.

I love the banana profile (that sounded wrong). Banana and strawberry are at the top of the mound for me. Banana smoothies and banana puddings are lovely. The Plume Room makes an awesome banana pudding.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
"tobacco" flavor is such a broad catagory... so many ways to go with that. Could you give us some idea of what she might like? Besides the tobacco flavor, you can also have fruit, nutty, caramel, vanilla and of course menthol. Oh and even spiced.
She's been vaping FW East Coast Tobacco since 2013

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good morning. I got a pm from the innokin rep this morning. I guess she saw the post about me getting the Z coils and reminded me that I picked the z coils and they were not sent by mistake. I guess my memory is slipping.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Maybe hazelnut instead of cashew?
    While hazelnut is good I created this recipe with cashew in mind for the nut. I am not looking to sub any flavors. I am very happy with the flavors I chose. When I said tweak my recipe that means adjusting the %'s of the existing flavors.

I always learn something during flavor transitions... it's like getting a free bonus.
    I wasn't transitioning flavors. I was intentionally, and knowingly, adding one juice to another juice to see how well they worked together. This is something I do often.

Last edited:

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    Good morning. I got a pm from the innokin rep this morning. I guess she saw the post about me getting the Z coils and reminded me that I picked the z coils and they were not sent by mistake. I guess my memory is slipping.
    Well in all fairness, you do have enough gear to stock a vape shop. I imagine it would be challenging to keep everything straight on what you have and what you have ordered.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Well in all fairness, you do have enough gear to stock a vape shop. I imagine it would be challenging to keep everything straight on what you have and what you have ordered.

Yes there's that and I've had emails and messages back and forth with several different companies about reviews the past few weeks. Sometimes it's tough to keep up with it all and work full time.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    Yes there's that and I've had emails and messages back and forth with several different companies about reviews the past few weeks. Sometimes it's tough to keep up with it all and work full time.
    There is only one solution. Quit your job and transition to a full time vape reviewer.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    There is only one solution. Quit your job and transition to a full time vape reviewer.

If I thought I could make what I did working then I might consider it. It's still work doing reviews but I enjoy it. I'm hoping to get one posted before the end of the weekend since I have so many things on the way and know I'm going to be slammed for a while with new review items.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I wasn't transitioning flavors. I was intentionally, and knowingly, adding one juice to another juice to see how well they worked together. This is something I do often.

I sometimes hit two mods at once to see if the flavors go together.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I did a little change-up yesterday. I put reds little fruit mix in a Nautilus GT where it can stay for now because it's still tasty. In the Zenith I'm trying a new recipe New recipe needs adjustment so I'll be picking something else soon.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    I wasn't aware of adjustable dumbbells.
    They look like this:

91laRo2ennL._AC_SX466_.jpg

So instead of having to have a rack of several dumbbells, you can just have a couple of these and adjust the weight as needed.

Users who are viewing this thread