Random DIY mixing and More

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Kinda looks like the one from Moon Knight
I am so glad I googled that. Never heard of it but definitely something I will like.
JC_goody.gif

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
It’s ok but not as good as some of the other mini series they’ve had.
I'll give it a try. Believe it or not, I am watching an old series (2013) called Almost Human. Just one season. The shows I like never renew and the ones I can't stand go on and on and on.
unnamed.gif

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
FYI:

With all this talk about scales just thought I would mention that, even though I have one, I mix visually at the level of e-liquid in the tank . . . Then again I'm only mixing unflavored and Koolada . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Hi people!

Just thought I would pop in and say hello. It's been a while. I hope you've all been well.

I spent a lot of time on ECF last year when I was catching trains every day but with lockdowns later last year and driving to work more recently I haven't found that time bubble to spend time on forums.

ECF is a place of nostalgia. I was looking back on posts from the halcyon early years of vaping. Those feelings of novelty and the sheer enthusiasm for vaping have faded. What an amazing time it was in the first few years of vaping, discovering new juices, mods, upgrades in technology.

I have done some experimenting with DIY all throughout and to be honest, I've had many more failures than successes. This is probably because I ambitiously have tried to clone old loved juices and because my taste buds have changed drastically since I started vaping.

I tried to make reimagined versions of my old loved juices Legend and Pirate's Booty by HHV as they were in 2013 but I failed (still trying). Too tobaccoey and not sweet, complex and intoxicating like I remember them.

I tried to make nic salt juices that taste like disposables but failed. Nowhere near the intensity of flavour. How disposables like Igets and Gunnpod's can carry so much intense flavour in a little device mystifies me.

I mixed some solo concentrates that are supposedly good as standalone's, but didn't love them.

I made a Castle Long and Lucena clone by Five Pawns by following a recipe and they tasted bad. Too strong. Nothing how I remember them.

I made some tobacco recipes with Inawera and FLV concentrates and didn't like them. My palate just can't stomach tobacco vapes anymore at least not synthetic versions.

About the only recipes I've made that really tasted good were a clone of banana bondage by Adore E-liquids and some banana pudding recipes and a clone of my all time favourite juice Milk of the Poppy by Vapetasia. I also managed to make an almost perfect clone of a juice I loved in 2010 called Wyatt Earp Signature by Freedom Smoke USA. That turned out bonza. It brought me right back to my early vaping years.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
So true. Carts and attys were far from ideal. It was Greensmoke from there and they were good for awhile til they went downhill. That was when I discovered the ego and never looked back.

Those mega egos, the black ones with the silica inside were terrible. I preferred 306s and good quality 510 attys back then. Boge carts were good too. The black ones. I still have some unused.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good morning to you random folks :) Have you any plans today?

I'm going with day three of survival for a plan. Two days in a row and it has worked out.

Hi people!

Just thought I would pop in and say hello. It's been a while. I hope you've all been well.

I spent a lot of time on ECF last year when I was catching trains every day but with lockdowns later last year and driving to work more recently I haven't found that time bubble to spend time on forums.

ECF is a place of nostalgia. I was looking back on posts from the halcyon early years of vaping. Those feelings of novelty and the sheer enthusiasm for vaping have faded. What an amazing time it was in the first few years of vaping, discovering new juices, mods, upgrades in technology.

I have done some experimenting with DIY all throughout and to be honest, I've had many more failures than successes. This is probably because I ambitiously have tried to clone old loved juices and because my taste buds have changed drastically since I started vaping.

I tried to make reimagined versions of my old loved juices Legend and Pirate's Booty by HHV as they were in 2013 but I failed (still trying). Too tobaccoey and not sweet, complex and intoxicating like I remember them.

I tried to make nic salt juices that taste like disposables but failed. Nowhere near the intensity of flavour. How disposables like Igets and Gunnpod's can carry so much intense flavour in a little device mystifies me.

I mixed some solo concentrates that are supposedly good as standalone's, but didn't love them.

I made a Castle Long and Lucena clone by Five Pawns by following a recipe and they tasted bad. Too strong. Nothing how I remember them.

I made some tobacco recipes with Inawera and FLV concentrates and didn't like them. My palate just can't stomach tobacco vapes anymore at least not synthetic versions.

About the only recipes I've made that really tasted good were a clone of banana bondage by Adore E-liquids and some banana pudding recipes and a clone of my all time favourite juice Milk of the Poppy by Vapetasia. I also managed to make an almost perfect clone of a juice I loved in 2010 called Wyatt Earp Signature by Freedom Smoke USA. That turned out bonza. It brought me right back to my early vaping years.

Cloning a favorite liquid that was no longer available due to a business shutting down was the reason I started trying mixing. I'm glad I did now but have also had many failed mixes. I think that our memory of how good something was in the past and the reality of how good it really was often doesn't quite match up.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I had a weird thing happen on the forum this morning. I got to work early so I could post my next review that I finished writing the other day and toward the end it wouldn't let me post any pictures whether I copy and pasted or used an image hosting site. Anyway, I did get it posted but without some of my pictures. I did send admin a message to see if it can be corrected.

INNOKIN KLYPSE POD KIT review by hittman | E-Cigarette Forum (e-cigarette-forum.com)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    I still don't know why I had trouble this morning but was just now able to go back and edit and add the pictures it left off of my review.

Might have been some of the updates going on then? Or just a random glitch that the updates will (hopefully!) fix?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Those mega egos, the black ones with the silica inside were terrible. I preferred 306s and good quality 510 attys back then. Boge carts were good too. The black ones. I still have some unused.
    I was and am a fan of Ikenvape cartos. Good to see you, Anthony :) Hopefully you won’t be a stranger here.

Users who are viewing this thread