Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
*sigh*

Sometimes I miss the old days when you just kept a carton of smokes in the freezer....

Don't you fret.. and with the risk of sounding like I'm playing a one-stringed banjo.... It can only get better ;)

I saw raw duck and V2 cartos in the title and thought this was a contest.

You've spoiled me, ducky.

Well who knows... I have a bunch of these.. I just have to see if they are contest worthy :D and I have to think of something clever :D

Video 2 is up for view in original post

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
great video, so for now these wont go to waste sinse you can direct drip to assist in the wicking.

I guess if they can resolve the wicking issue then we have a winner on our hands, all that needs to be done if find a solution to get that juice up the wick better to the coil and a new type of wick might be needed.

Im wondering if titling it with the tip(mouthpeace) facing down, will that bring the juice more towards the coil and wick??

Last edited:

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
"Don't you 'fret'". Ha - banjo humor. ;)

Seriously though, how do you think this would work on a "non-3.7v" device like a 510 mega batt? Maybe dropping the voltage down to 3.1-3.2v would help keep it wet longer. (?)

p.s. I have 120 of the 510's ordered. If you can't source them anywhere else I'll be glad to swap a few with you.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Im wondering if titling it with the tip(mouthpeace) facing down, will that bring the juice more towards the coil and wick??

I don't know about wanting to do that all the time :p, but maybe storing it upside down (depending on your PV ) in your shirt pocket would assist :unsure:

My solution:

1. don't have the wick go out from the inner(where the element is) to the outer (where the juice is ) plus you would need a shorter wick (no need for the excess anymore

2. have the element set further down

3. leave the holes(or one hole) leaving a path from the outer to the inner...

result(theory) as you take a hit.. it would cause the liquid in the outer to enter through the hole to the inner .. in turn moistening the element to produce vapor.... of course I think you would need a tighter draw for that to work....

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
"Don't you 'fret'". Ha - banjo humor. ;)

Seriously though, how do you think this would work on a "non-3.7v" device like a 510 mega batt? Maybe dropping the voltage down to 3.1-3.2v would help keep it wet longer. (?)

p.s. I have 120 of the 510's ordered. If you can't source them anywhere else I'll be glad to swap a few with you.

hmm I guess in theory it would keep it wet longer that might be my next test... I also might have to take you up on that offer in the future... since it appears that the 510 and the Kr8 v2's may be designed a bit different.

still no "burnt" taste and I haven't dripped for a few vapes... of course I haven't been vaping it as hard as I normally vape...

only time will tell..

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
You said you had some ideas floating around. ill wait patiently for those but for now do you personaly think this design has potential.

potential.. I would say yes... to what extent... too early to say .. I am still a newbie with these.

and I really don't want people to go flooding with orders..thinking I was the one to give the green light..

I just wanted to show what I was able or not able to do.. and how I dealt with these....

I am very neutral with this product right now... more in educational mode... not consumer... if you know what I mean

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Great video!

Looks like the liquid has to travel a good ways to get to the coil. Do you think if they increased the amount of wick and gave it 4 channels instead of 2 it might wick faster?
IMO you could have 10 loops and there is only so much liquid that is going to make it to the (tight) coil.

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
Excellent review
clap.gif

Finally someone answered both (sort of 2 and a half) my questions.
2.5 ohms
a) maybe not suitable for 6v
can be used for direct dripping

Great carto dissection (I think we should all chip in to buy you a webcam with fast focus :))

thanks

naviathan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Stella, NC
corepcsolutions.com
I just paused the first video and zoomed in on the image of the heating element. it looks like there is a seam on either side of the cup. Is this a two piece design glued together somehow?

I also noticed the coil has very very few wraps in it. If we can find a way to disassemble these carts without destroying them maybe we can rebuild the coil and open up the holes the wick runs through to loosen the material and maybe make it wick better.

Thanks LGD I'm a little bummed I canceled my order last night. They issued me a full refund no questions asked, so personally I picked a side in the little spat that went on, and it wasn't the company that raced for exclusive rights so they could dictate the price.

Should be available from vendors soon enough to buy in small quantities, form an opinion, and have the option to order bulk.

RB37

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
Loudoun County VA
Thanks LGD I'm a little bummed I canceled my order last night. They issued me a full refund no questions asked, so personally I picked a side in the little spat that went on, and it wasn't the company that raced for exclusive rights so they could dictate the price.

Should be available from vendors soon enough to buy in small quantities, form an opinion, and have the option to order bulk.

When I get mine I can pass along some so you can try, if you havent gotten any by then.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I am not too sure about these...

To me the way they are now.. they need to be babied a little too much.. dripping on them is good, but I guess for the mass public that wouldn't be acceptable since that wouldn't be the reason someone buys cartomizers...

also I think these (but still tinkering) are in the true sense dispossable ... in other words... use for intended purpose..... yes they can be refilled, but by the way it needs to be filled..it is sort of time consuming... of course people refill GreenCig cartos... so who knows....

One thing is for sure ..it's going to be fun messing with these to see what "modding" I can do.... I will just see how short lived that would be.

I will keep everyone posted if I think of an improvement on these...

mister kil

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2010
tacoma wa
I am not too sure about these...

To me the way they are now.. they need to be babied a little too much.. dripping on them is good, but I guess for the mass public that wouldn't be acceptable since that wouldn't be the reason someone buys cartomizers...

also I think these (but still tinkering) are in the true sense dispossable ... in other words... use for intended purpose..... yes they can be refilled, but by the way it needs to be filled..it is sort of time consuming... of course people refill GreenCig cartos... so who knows....

One thing is for sure ..it's going to be fun messing with these to see what "modding" I can do.... I will just see how short lived that would be.

I will keep everyone posted if I think of an improvement on these...

off topic

reading this, whilst not having any problems with the one I have been using all day I got a mod idea. attach a gutted dead atty or battery with "condoms" on either end to the side of the cartomizer using a hollow set screw. fill it with juice and bang there is an easy to refill side tank.

naviathan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Stella, NC
corepcsolutions.com
off topic

reading this, whilst not having any problems with the one I have been using all day I got a mod idea. attach a gutted dead atty or battery with "condoms" on either end to the side of the cartomizer using a hollow set screw. fill it with juice and bang there is an easy to refill side tank.

That's not a bad idea at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread