Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
off topic

reading this, whilst not having any problems with the one I have been using all day I got a mod idea. attach a gutted dead atty or battery with "condoms" on either end to the side of the cartomizer using a hollow set screw. fill it with juice and bang there is an easy to refill side tank.

So do you have the KR808 threading or the 510 threaded cartomizer?
It appears MAYBE both internals are designed abit different (I don't have the 510 cartos yet)
EDIT: I read the other thread I see you have the 510 v2 cartos

IF you have the Kr808 threaded cartos... are you using it on a device with a harder draw? I am thinking that might be the "solution".

I tested this theory by just sucking on one of the carts with my finger capping the battery connection end... it seems like, MAYBE, it would force the liquid to wick to the element faster.

I have to wait till I get home though to test it out on one of my devices where I can control the draw a bit...

So if the theory works... one would take normal hits with this new carto.. then when it seems like it needs some juice.. take a few deep drags with out pressing the button (without activating the device) to sort of "prime" the element again.. then start vaping again...

we shall see

FWIW a 20G needle seems a little easier to work with than the 18G

Last edited:

mister kil

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2010
tacoma wa
I only have the 510's I put in a second one and realized they are a bit finicky, some of them need to be tightened a bit tight. and yeah without the button pushed drawing the first drag or two keeps it from getting an off flavor, the first one was primed from the get go, the second took a few dry drags but got there quick. Also the connector is finnicky got to tighten some of them tight.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Thanks, Duck. These have piqued my curiousity and have considered ordering some.

I'm wondering if you can see a way to secure something a little sturdier than a straw to the main hole. That would create an internal tank and might help keep that wick submerged.

Whaddaya think?

well the internal part isn't really a tank since it has a hole at the bottom that goes out the connector end for air flow..... but I wonder if it would add to the "suction" to help pull more liquid through the wicking...

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Please quote this post when replying

I got tired of babying it, so I went into full-vape mode.. and I don't think as they stand now that it can handle MY vaping style... and I assume other hard vaporers as well...

it still has potential.. but it needs some kind of modding.. that hopefully I will have time to figure out.... maybe a "version 3 is needed"

I have 100+ of these... maybe someone wants to do some personal testing as well?

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us

I got tired of babying it, so I went into full-vape mode.. and I don't think as they stand now that it can handle MY vaping style... and I assume other hard vaporers as well...

it still has potential.. but it needs some kind of modding.. that hopefully I will have time to figure out.... maybe a "version 3 is needed"

I have 100+ of these... maybe someone wants to do some personal testing as well?

I also noticed I can poke holes through the internal wall (with a dental pick) so maybe I can work something with that... only time will tell

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I have received them.

1.) good flavor, TH and Vape for 5 hits, I only direct drip because the holes are too small to fill.
2.) they send me Joye 510 instead of 808-D which is clearly on the invoice! Chinese!!!
3.) they are more narrow so I cannot put a drip tip on them

All in all: CRAP!

1) do you mean only 5 hits each time after direct dripping? or after 5 hits and it's done no matter how many times you direct drip after?

2) well for me they sent me the right order.. and communication via email and phone was good... I sent an email of my findings... we will see what they say...(might have to wait till after the weekend though

3) that is odd, why would they make these new 510 cartos more narrow? I would have thought they would have used the same tube the KR8's use... either a QC or Engineer Flaw.

All in all: seems like you had a worse experience... but mine wasn't really shining either.. hmmm :confused:

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands
5 hits each time after dripping
yes QC...

will use them to test juices

1) do you mean only 5 hits each time after direct dripping? or after 5 hits and it's done no matter how many times you direct drip after?

2) well for me they sent me the right order.. and communication via email and phone was good... I sent an email of my findings... we will see what they say...(might have to wait till after the weekend though

3) that is odd, why would they make these new 510 cartos more narrow? I would have thought they would have used the same tube the KR8's use... either a QC or Engineer Flaw.

All in all: seems like you had a worse experience... but mine wasn't really shining either.. hmmm :confused:

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands
@Mont could you add pics to this thread?

hmm it would be nice if you tried forcing a needle through one of those holes (or drill a tiny one) just to test the wicking of it.... or take that ring out...

I drilled a hole and took the ring out.
The ohm rating is 3.7
Make some pictures soon.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I drilled a hole and took the ring out.
The ohm rating is 3.7
Make some pictures soon.

I hope it wicks well.. even if you can't easily refill it under original design...

and @ that ohm rating and @ HV wicking would be important.

EDIT: but that would buy you time for wicking using @ 3.7v

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Wicking being the problem I was curious if maybe you could open up the holes the wick runs through somehow to release a bit of the pinch point and maybe help it wick faster?

yes that is what I am going to try when I have more time....but it really isn't pinching too hard.. from what I could tell.. but if you have something small and pointy...like a dental pick tool... you can easily poke through the inner walls... as stated in an earlier post...

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us

just in-case people just read the last post

but I will work on something.. but it will be more of a pass-time... got week-end family duties

mondotoker760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2010
Escondido/North county San Diego CA

I wouldnt wanna baby it either. Maybe if the liquid chamber was pressurized somehow or maybe a little bubble pump to help the liquid up the wick. I think if i was making V3 id put the coil at the bottom so gravity can pull the liquid down into the coil.

I would luv to get my hands on some LGD...you offering?....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread