The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RAW DUCK, V2 Cartomizer Review

Discussion in 'Cartomizer Reviews' started by Lightgeoduck, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Lightgeoduck

Lightgeoduck Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 7, 2009
    jp(APO)Camp Z us
    So do you have the KR808 threading or the 510 threaded cartomizer?
    It appears MAYBE both internals are designed abit different (I don't have the 510 cartos yet)
    EDIT: I read the other thread I see you have the 510 v2 cartos

IF you have the Kr808 threaded cartos... are you using it on a device with a harder draw? I am thinking that might be the "solution".

I tested this theory by just sucking on one of the carts with my finger capping the battery connection end... it seems like, MAYBE, it would force the liquid to wick to the element faster.

I have to wait till I get home though to test it out on one of my devices where I can control the draw a bit...

So if the theory works... one would take normal hits with this new carto.. then when it seems like it needs some juice.. take a few deep drags with out pressing the button (without activating the device) to sort of "prime" the element again.. then start vaping again...

we shall see

FWIW a 20G needle seems a little easier to work with than the 18G

2. mister kil

mister kil Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2010
    tacoma wa
    I only have the 510's I put in a second one and realized they are a bit finicky, some of them need to be tightened a bit tight. and yeah without the button pushed drawing the first drag or two keeps it from getting an off flavor, the first one was primed from the get go, the second took a few dry drags but got there quick. Also the connector is finnicky got to tighten some of them tight.

3. Lightgeoduck

Supporting member
    Aug 7, 2009
    jp(APO)Camp Z us

well the internal part isn't really a tank since it has a hole at the bottom that goes out the connector end for air flow..... but I wonder if it would add to the "suction" to help pull more liquid through the wicking...

4. Lightgeoduck

Supporting member
    Aug 7, 2009
    jp(APO)Camp Z us
    Please quote this post when replying

I got tired of babying it, so I went into full-vape mode.. and I don't think as they stand now that it can handle MY vaping style... and I assume other hard vaporers as well...

it still has potential.. but it needs some kind of modding.. that hopefully I will have time to figure out.... maybe a "version 3 is needed"

I have 100+ of these... maybe someone wants to do some personal testing as well?

5. Lightgeoduck

Supporting member
    Aug 7, 2009
    jp(APO)Camp Z us
    I also noticed I can poke holes through the internal wall (with a dental pick) so maybe I can work something with that... only time will tell

6. emonty

emonty Flavor Junky Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 15, 2009
    the Netherlands
    I have received them.

1.) good flavor, TH and Vape for 5 hits, I only direct drip because the holes are too small to fill.
    2.) they send me Joye 510 instead of 808-D which is clearly on the invoice! Chinese!!!
    3.) they are more narrow so I cannot put a drip tip on them

All in all: CRAP!

7. Lightgeoduck

Supporting member
    Aug 7, 2009
    jp(APO)Camp Z us
    1) do you mean only 5 hits each time after direct dripping? or after 5 hits and it's done no matter how many times you direct drip after?

2) well for me they sent me the right order.. and communication via email and phone was good... I sent an email of my findings... we will see what they say...(might have to wait till after the weekend though

3) that is odd, why would they make these new 510 cartos more narrow? I would have thought they would have used the same tube the KR8's use... either a QC or Engineer Flaw.

All in all: seems like you had a worse experience... but mine wasn't really shining either.. hmmm :confused:

8. emonty

Oct 15, 2009
    the Netherlands
    5 hits each time after dripping
    yes QC...

will use them to test juices

9. Lightgeoduck

Supporting member
    Aug 7, 2009
    jp(APO)Camp Z us
    @Mont could you add pics to this thread?

hmm it would be nice if you tried forcing a needle through one of those holes (or drill a tiny one) just to test the wicking of it.... or take that ring out...

10. emonty

Oct 15, 2009
    the Netherlands
    I drilled a hole and took the ring out.
    The ohm rating is 3.7
    Make some pictures soon.

11. Lightgeoduck

Supporting member
    Aug 7, 2009
    jp(APO)Camp Z us
    I hope it wicks well.. even if you can't easily refill it under original design...

and @ that ohm rating and @ HV wicking would be important.

EDIT: but that would buy you time for wicking using @ 3.7v

12. vikings

vikings Super Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2010
    Malaysia
    Latest experiment:

The 510 cartos can be used with a bottom feeding mod :)

I push the plunger once and hold for about 2 seconds.

I tried it out with my Reo and it works fine. Of course, it still takes a pretty long time to wick in between drags.

13. naviathan

naviathan Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 24, 2010
    Stella, NC
    Wicking being the problem I was curious if maybe you could open up the holes the wick runs through somehow to release a bit of the pinch point and maybe help it wick faster?

14. Lightgeoduck

Supporting member
    Aug 7, 2009
    jp(APO)Camp Z us
    yes that is what I am going to try when I have more time....but it really isn't pinching too hard.. from what I could tell.. but if you have something small and pointy...like a dental pick tool... you can easily poke through the inner walls... as stated in an earlier post...

15. Lightgeoduck

Supporting member
    Aug 7, 2009
    jp(APO)Camp Z us
    just in-case people just read the last post

but I will work on something.. but it will be more of a pass-time... got week-end family duties

16. mondotoker760

mondotoker760 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I wouldnt wanna baby it either. Maybe if the liquid chamber was pressurized somehow or maybe a little bubble pump to help the liquid up the wick. I think if i was making V3 id put the coil at the bottom so gravity can pull the liquid down into the coil.

I would luv to get my hands on some LGD...you offering?....lol

17. Lightgeoduck

Supporting member
    Aug 7, 2009
    jp(APO)Camp Z us
  18. Vapoorer

Vapoorer Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2010
    USA,CT
    Can someone give me a link to were to get these at Please!!!!Icant find them

Thanks

19. naviathan

naviathan Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 24, 2010
    Stella, NC
    Welcome by E-liquid Webshop CN

I would suggest just buying some from a member here rather than paying the shipping cost for a ton of carts you might not even like.

20. Vapoorer

Vapoorer Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2010
    USA,CT
    Thanks for the link gratefully appreciate it:) ill hold off until a supplier here gets them!

or might get a couple from LGD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.