Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
@ScottP

I think what Alter is referring to is after wicking your coil, juice it up and pulse so that it 'smokes' a little bit and blow on it to help the coil not to get too warm. This does a couple of things for you. 1. some people(like me) says there is a taste to it, so doing this gets rid of any odd taste that may be there. And 2. Observe the air flow while it is smoking to make sure nothing is blocking it. Its a good test to tell before putting the whole tank back together. At least that is what I do.

If you want opinions on on to best wick your coil, just come back and ask........plenty of folks will offer their help.

:)

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
You're welcome. I order mine from Amazon because they have the 40ft. boxes and always at a decent price. My local Sally's only carried the much larger boxes (500 ft.-1250 ft.), and most of it was the cotton/rayon blend or 100% cotton...which I definitely didn't want.
A 40 foot box? Geez, you'd think they could just roll that stuff up and put it in a smaller package. :lol:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Rayon is all I use. Beats cotton hands down.

I’ve never used cotton. I read about rayon when researching building my own coils and it seemed like the better of the options. I should try cotton just for comparing anyways. I often get cotton with many of the RBAs.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Amazon carries it too and as LONG as you get the 100% rayon smaller version, the sku number is 44130. I think I got mine for about 6 bucks, shipping included. I think that may be cheaper than ordering from Sally's online, and this box I have barely TOUCHED.

If you do wind up ordering some (I'm nowhere near needing the bigger box, either, I just bag my box in a ziplock bag, that way all the cotton stays compressed, but also clean. I figure my box is going to be with me for a while, and it's all kind of nicely coiled and compressed in there.

I don't think they make the size you mentioned in rayon either, only in cotton. Which, (unless you want more endless spools of cotton and I don't think you do) you may have to get a slightly larger box but make sure the description includes (100% rayon fibers.) Etc.

Good luck,

Anna

Reactions: bombastinator

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm certainly never going back to cotton, it's hard to love a wick that you handle so poorly, you can watch an atomizer drain oh, about 4.5 ml down through the 510 pin into the guts of your mod before you can unscrew the atomizer.

I'm not blaming cotton exactly either but well, I'm not going back to it either, that would be the wicking equivalent of returning to a domestic violence relationship where at least the person has learned not to beat the dog.

I'd be needing a lot more from you than that, Cotton. You'd have to immediately turn into pure gold, the minute it was time for a new wick, so I don't expect we'll be hanging out anytime soon.

Yogdorphins. (My excuse for this post).

Anna

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
This is what I’m saying about cost: that 1.99 bag is I’ll cost 5$ to ship

Unless you include it in a Prime shipment. You pay for it in the end with the Prime Membership at $119/year unless you order twice or more a month and get the free shipping under Prime. They get you either way! Like they say, "There's No Such Thing As A Free Lunch".

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
IMO, he was just poking fun...about me calling it "the 40ft. box", as if the BOX itself was 40 ft. in size. ;) He knew perfectly well what it actually meant.

55572.jpg

Rockford

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
BC Canada
I'm certainly never going back to cotton, it's hard to love a wick that you handle so poorly, you can watch an atomizer drain oh, about 4.5 ml down through the 510 pin into the guts of your mod before you can unscrew the atomizer.

I'm not blaming cotton exactly either but well, I'm not going back to it either, that would be the wicking equivalent of returning to a domestic violence relationship where at least the person has learned not to beat the dog.

I'd be needing a lot more from you than that, Cotton. You'd have to immediately turn into pure gold, the minute it was time for a new wick, so I don't expect we'll be hanging out anytime soon.

Yogdorphins. (My excuse for this post).

Anna

This is very interesting, I've only used cotton bacon so far. Guess I'll have to make a trip to London drugs and pick some up. Thanks for the tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread