Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
Speaking about unopened cotton, just now out of the corner of my eye in the cupboard....time for a pic

jBzAX7T.jpg

This is what happens when you have a Muji store 3 blocks away and youre a new vapist....the tendency to stockpile...bought 2 years ago

I think ive used 4 pads out of the stockpile before i got into cotton bacon, and then moved to rayon last year

Its just sitting there, mocking me...what am i supposed to do with 1,000 sheets of cotton

throw a pillow case on it and you have camping pillows :)

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I'd say check your local surgical supply/pharmacy for medical grade rayon balls, like Tidi or DM. Another viable source, believe it or not, is some "feminine hygiene" products. Here in the States, Kotex makes one out of pure rayon packaged in a black box I believe. You may feel a little uncomfortable buying them but it is pure rayon.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Is there an Aus Amazon? If there is look for GRAHAM'S celluctton 100% rayon fibers (beware they make a cotton version and you don't want that.)

In all seriousness at least in the US, they make a rayon tampon. It's fine to vape (if you can wrap your head around it) but I was sent some by a member (as well as some Sally's stuff) and I did dissect one and examine it and it looks like more of a pain to deal with, but it will also WORK, ,it is pure rayon and safe to vape.

Good luck in the hunt!

Anna

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I would like to try out Rayon, but it's expensive shipping in Ebay, is there any other places I can buy Rayon from? I'm from Australia
Darlo here,

I have some, happy to send you a sample.

I bought my lot a few months back when Amazon had a special deal and would ship it to Oz for less than a millionty dollars. Its a rare event. While there is such an offer currently available on amazon.com, thanks to the new online GST 10% tax, or the Gerry Harvey Tax, they will not ship non-digital items to Oz addresses anymore, so they refer you to Amazon.com.au, which of course wants a millionty dollars (to effectively ship the same item, and of course waaay higher than the 10% Gerry Harvey Tax, as in $100 (for a $6 box) - cannot win in this country with Amazon gouging)

In any event you have to be careful ordering Graham's Cellucotton as there's Cellucotton Cotton and Cellucotton Rayon, mix it up and it will end in tears.

What you need to do is look at the code on the box...., you want at least 44130..it's what I have, 40feet of Cellucotton Rayon, enough for a lifetime.

For more clarity for everyone, in case it's not been posted before, on correct box codes, here's a handy link, all codes on this page are Cellucotton Rayon:

Rayon Coil - Graham Beauty

Or for non link followers...

44040 CelluCotton[emoji768] Regular Coil 1200 Ft. Dispenser Box

44043 CelluCotton[emoji768] Regular Coil 3 Lbs. Dispenser Box

44060 CelluCotton[emoji768] Regular Coil 500 Ft. Dispenser Box

44130 CelluCotton[emoji768] Regular Coil 40 Ft./Box 12 Boxes/Case

Note: thanks to DavidOck for pointing out the "Reinforced" variants (listed on the linked page, removed from this list) should probably be avoided

PM me your address details and I'll send you some to try, and I'll try and find a source for you as well

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Is there an Aus Amazon? If there is look for GRAHAM'S celluctton 100% rayon fibers (beware they make a cotton version and you don't want that.)

In all seriousness at least in the US, they make a rayon tampon. It's fine to vape (if you can wrap your head around it) but I was sent some by a member (as well as some Sally's stuff) and I did dissect one and examine it and it looks like more of a pain to deal with, but it will also WORK, ,it is pure rayon and safe to vape.

Good luck in the hunt!

Anna
I've tried tampon rayon (kotex) in the past - a few I know did due to $$$ for Grahams, I would advise against it, it was not pleasant...mine tasted awful, others had varying degrees of success. Instead, when we were able and found an Amazon store who would ship to Oz, we broadcast it on our home forum and piled on to the deal..

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Darlo here,

I have some, happy to send you a sample.

I bought my lot a few months back when Amazon had a special deal and would ship it to Oz for less than a millionty dollars. Its a rare event. While there is such an offer currently available on amazon.com, thanks to the new online GST 10% tax, or the Gerry Harvey Tax, they will not ship non-digital items to Oz addresses anymore, so they refer you to Amazon.com.au, which of course wants a millionty dollars (to effectively ship the same item, and of course waaay higher than the 10% Gerry Harvey Tax, as in $100 (for a $6 box) - cannot win in this country with Amazon gouging)

In any event you have to be careful ordering Graham's Cellucotton as there's Cellucotton Cotton and Cellucotton Rayon, mix it up and it will end in tears.

What you need to do is look at the code on the box...., you want at least 44130..it's what I have, 40feet of Cellucotton Rayon, enough for a lifetime.

For more clarity for everyone, in case it's not been posted before, on correct box codes, here's a handy link, all codes on this page are Cellucotton Rayon:

Rayon Coil - Graham Beauty

Or for non link followers...

44040 CelluCotton® Regular Coil 1200 Ft. Dispenser Box

44043 CelluCotton® Regular Coil 3 Lbs. Dispenser Box

44060 CelluCotton® Regular Coil 500 Ft. Dispenser Box

44130 CelluCotton® Regular Coil 40 Ft./Box 12 Boxes/Case

44050 CelluCotton®Reinforced Coil 1200 Ft. Dispenser Box

44053 CelluCotton®Reinforced Coil 3 Lbs. Dispenser Box

44070 CelluCotton®Reinforced Coil 500 Ft. Dispenser Box

PM me your address details and I'll send you some to try, and I'll try and find a source for you as well

May want to avoid the "Reinforced" ones. Haven't used it, and don't know what it's reinforced with, or how...

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
May want to avoid the "Reinforced" ones. Haven't used it, and don't know what it's reinforced with, or how...
Good call, I didn't even notice, I'll edit those out

I've no idea what reinforced means either...

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
I've tried tampon rayon (kotex) in the past - a few I know did due to $$$ for Grahams, I would advise against it, it was not pleasant...mine tasted awful, others had varying degrees of success. Instead, when we were able and found an Amazon store who would ship to Oz, we broadcast it on our home forum and piled on to the deal..

You gotta use NEW ones...:lol::evil:

Michael_S

Jun 9, 2018
Hello

This is a fantastic topic. I found 100% viscose which should be rayon from my understanding. The brand is Duchesse. 200gram for about 2 usd. It's used for medical purpose.

Maybe someone can confirm if I got the right material. When I burn it, it smells like burnt cigarette paper. It burns very fast and leaves only very little ash.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-02-02-47-38.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-02-02-47-38.png
    3 MB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_2018-07-02-02-53-49.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-02-02-53-49.png
    2 MB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_2018-07-02-02-52-25.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-02-02-52-25.png
    3 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Hello

This is a fantastic topic. I found 100% viscose which should be rayon from my understanding. The brand is Duchesse. 200gram for about 2 usd. It's used for medical purpose.

Maybe someone can confirm if I got the right material. When I burn it, it smells like burnt cigarette paper. It burns very fast and leaves only very little ash.
Google translate says that's cotton.
translate watte viscose - Google Search

Here's the box I have found at Amazon.de = 107EU - It costs about $16 here.
I still have 1/2 box left from about 2 years ago and it's all I use.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Good hunt on the translation!

But @flavourchaser needs a source in Australia, or one that won't charge an arm and leg to get it there. Something like $100 shipping from Amazon US, no clue on the German iteration.

But the burn test is more suggestive of tree than cotton...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread