The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Redneck APV holder for car

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by ElConquistador, May 26, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ElConquistador

ElConquistador Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2013
    Oklahoma
    When I upgraded to a Vamo, I found that my standard practice of sticking my eGo up in the visor was not going to work anymore. I had been just setting the Vamo down on the console or the passenger seat, but that was kind of a pain. I was looking around for a solution and found it in the recycle bin in the kitchen. It's a plastic tea bottle with a fairly large mouth. I just cut it off to a length that would hold my Vamo without touching any buttons. I glued a little strip of padded stuff around the inside of the mouth to avoid rattles and scratches, and cut a similar pad to fit in the bottom of the cup holder. Not too fancy, but the price is right and it works perfectly.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      20.1 KB
      Views:
  2. RelativeBewt

RelativeBewt DripLife Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    Paducah, Kentucky
    good idea! ill have to take a page from ur book!

3. mikewill45

mikewill45 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2012
    North Carolina
    Very good. I think though I'm goin to take a piece of styrofoam, cut it to fit the cup holder and then cut holes in it for my APV. The holes won't be deep enough to touch the buttons so no problem there.

4. oldsoldier

oldsoldier Retired ECF Forum Manager Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 17, 2010
    Lurking in the shadows
    a real redneck holder would have just been a few criscrossed strips of duct tape :)

5. ElConquistador

Mar 24, 2013
    Oklahoma
    A few strips of duct tape is prohibitively expensive compared to using components salvaged out of the garbage can. As an added bonus, I'm saving the earth by recycling.

6. Absintheur

Absintheur Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    north central Indiana
    and if you need one for home....

[​IMG]

7. oldsoldier

Dec 17, 2010
    Lurking in the shadows
    I'd give bonus points for beer cans instead of TP tubes.

8. Absintheur

Absintheur Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    north central Indiana
    But beer cans can be recycled for money to buy more beer....

9. ElConquistador

Mar 24, 2013
    Oklahoma
    If you leave the correct amount of toilet paper on the roll, it could be customized to fit the cup holder exactly.

Pros: 1) customized fit 2)emergency supply of toilet paper available at all times
    Cons: 1) explaining to riders you why you carry toilet paper in your cup holder. 2)toilet paper is more expensive than plastic bottles pulled out of the trash 3) a few splashes of coffee onto your TP - PV holder would probably make it look "used"

10. oldsoldier

Dec 17, 2010
    Lurking in the shadows
    rednecks don't recycle :) they repurpose...

11. eratikmind

eratikmind Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Here . . . My 5 year old grandson's purple pool noodle is some 3 inches shorter, now.
    [​IMG]

- Andy . . . Don't let the Ciggieman getcha . . . Vape'em.

12. Kristin0624

Kristin0624 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mine is a place in the door handle where the plastic finally gave up the Florida heat fight and left a broken hole where the screw used to be. It's the perfect size to set in my ego batt to make sure it doesn't fly around the car. Now that's redneck. Lol

13. chadsmo

chadsmo Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2013
    BC Canada
    What Andy said, I use the same thing.

14. MsComptrtchr

MsComptrtchr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I LOVE that!! I'm doin' it!

Now . . . any elegant solutions for carrying? Like a NICE lanyard??? I never have pockets this can fit into. I'm hooked on lanyards (much like phonics - they work for me!)

15. Ken_A

Ken_A Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2013
    Florida
    I agree. From the title of the thread, I was looking for the duct tape. Here on my I pad, I zoomed as large as I could on the pic, but didn't see any. I mad a REAL redneck holder for a friend. I used a pool noodle as in the picture above, but wrapped it in silver duct tape to "dress it up". I would provide a picture, but my friend went back to his home in SC. :D

16. Iffy

Iffy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Florida Suncoast
    ... to apply for a patent! [​IMG]

17. KY_Rob

KY_Rob Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2013
    Kentucky
    I liked this idea so much, I did it too!

View attachment 215261

18. skyztheLynnit

skyztheLynnit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 7, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    You, sir, are a genius. Dollar tree here i come for your noodles! (Not ramen)

19. MsComptrtchr

MsComptrtchr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Stupid question - I got the noodle, now what to cut it with? Box cutter? I want the edges to be straight.

20. VapRLady

VapRLady Senior Member ECF Veteran

A serrated knife should work excellent for this, we have a pool here at our community, one of the noodles is going to get mysteriously shortened tonight!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.