Not open for further replies.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Don't leave without getting some NC BBQ! :thumb:

Being from Texas, to me that's funny. I've lived in NC 12 years now and the BBQ just isn't right. A lot of people like it though.

I will say that I've brought brisket up from Texas (In NC brisket is hard to get and very expensive.) and made BBQ Texas style for NCers. They seem to love it. :)

bluegrasslover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Willow Spring, NC
Being from Texas, to me that's funny. I've lived in NC 12 years now and the BBQ just isn't right. A lot of people like it though.

I will say that I've brought brisket up from Texas (In NC brisket is hard to get and very expensive.) and made BBQ Texas style for NCers. They seem to love it. :)

Western NC style bbq is substandard. Go east young man!

AdariousMistdancer

Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Central WI
Mornin Chopper, how's it goin? *Beeep!* .. I still have about ehhh 12 pages to read through to catch up.. *Beeep!* ... but godda get some sleep first, and get around to changing those smoke alarm batteries. :p ..so sleep waited..

I say add the insurance to the cost. I've dealt with a number of people on eBay and other places who decided they couldn't afford insurance and then came after refunds when the item didn't make it to them. There's always going to be plenty of those around. Adding it in ensures that the item gets there or gets covered, with far less nasty PMs.

All together too much screwing around to add choice into it .. when all that time dealing with the 'well I thought it wouldnt be necessary, I always got my stuff before' people could be spent either taking a breather or building/mailing. Bottom line, yer buying a 50 and/or 75+ dollar piece of equipment. Unless you are begging for it to get lost, or arrive damaged (postal service isn't friendly many times, and luck never favors the unwary) you insure it. Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
ok - i went outside to, hopefully, get a decent picture of wick and wiring. ;)

2sblqbq.jpg

2vt87wx.jpg

vapordraggin101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
I received my DC Mini and it does perform well, I'm using it with a Twist at 4.6 and the atty reads 3.0, the flavor is spot on with this. I've went thru 8 refills and no dry hits. I haven't noticed having to tip it to keep the atty wet. I use 24 nic juice and will have to lower the nic level because it rocks on TH.

I'm awaiting my DC Atom...

Thanks Chopper

ataunton

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I received my DC Mini and it does perform well, I'm using it with a Twist at 4.6 and the atty reads 3.0, the flavor is spot on with this. I've went thru 8 refills and no dry hits. I haven't noticed having to tip it to keep the atty wet. I use 24 nic juice and will have to lower the nic level because it rocks on TH.

I'm awaiting my DC Atom...

Thanks Chopper

Sounds awesome. I'm a twist user as well and have eying the mini, I'm planning to place an order for two on Friday. For those who have ordered recently, what is the approx wait time?

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
TOO ALL: I appreciate everyone's input with whether or not to put insurance on shipments going out. I have decided that I am going to put insurance
on shipments to ease everyone's mind. So that way no one is out of anything. It's only $2 for up to $100 worth of insurance which to me is worth it
to ease everyone's mind. So there is no worries. Instead of the price for DEF CONS being $55 they will be $57, and for ATOMS, it will be $77, this will
cover shipping and insurance and of course with outside the U.S. it will be a little more, but I believe it will be worth it in the long run. If you have any
questions or concerns please feel free to PM. I am trying to treat everyone FAIR. I appreciate all of you for your patience and understanding. Thank
you and Have a great day. Chopper

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
I think that is more than fair for everyone involved, it will make everyone's life a lot better if something does happen and we all know it's gonna happen, you probably deserve a beer after all that thought....:toast:

haha! spoken by someone who, i believe, has never filled out an usps insurance claim! :lol:

seriously though, that's probably the best way to go ;)

one caveat for chopper - insurance cannot be added to international first class mail and priority already includes a certain amount!

chopper, do you still like being in business? :lol:

Last edited:

Mrgreen819

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
North Carolina
For those of you that have already order your atoms or defcons, the insurance I will pay. ONLY FOR U.S. , I can not offer it for international orders as the USPS does not offer it. I do apologize. For new orders of defcon and atoms, the insurance is added in with price.

I use to be a power seller on ebay so I have shipped thousands of packages. US postal is great because its cheap for small packages other than that its not as good as you may think. USpostal tracking is a joke it simply doesn't work. I once had a insured package get damaged and filed a claim. The claim was denied due to a US postal employee not being present when the package was opened. So I feel the US postal insurance is about as useful as there tracking system. Not trying to cause problems just want you to avoid some of the problems I had.

vapordraggin101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
haha! spoken by someone who, i believe, has never filled out an usps insurance claim! :lol:

seriously though, that's probably the best way to go ;)

one caveat for chopper - insurance cannot be added to international first class mail and priority already includes a certain amount!

chopper, do you still like being in business? :lol:

Spoken by someone I believe has never been in business before and shipped to many customers.......

Yes I have filled 1 out and only 1, after fighting with UPS for over 2 years to get a sign plotter replaced that they threw out the back door of their truck with me standing right there, ($12,000 dollar one I might add), it wasn't up the BUSINESS I bought it from to make sure I got my plotter replaced, they had done their job, they had shipped it with Insurance. My shop was shut down for 30 days and I had to buy another one to continue doing business, so then I was out another $12.000 while I got it replaced. Being in business I learned to ship EVERYTHING with insurance and I haven't had to fill out one for 40 yrs.

As for the CUSTOMER being happy, they will be a lot happier that Chopper had insurance, granted it might take THEM a little time but they will get their product or money, which with just confirmation it's a complete loss for chopper's business and all customers could suffer.

I learned what happens when you ASSUME something also.

Now this is funny:

Chopper how do you like business now? ....lol

Just my thought but I think he LOVES it....:mail:

Tibs come by and have a :toast: sometime....

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
Spoken by someone I believe has never been in business before and shipped to many customers.......

Yes I have filled 1 out and only 1, after fighting with UPS for over 2 years to get a sign plotter replaced that they threw out the back door of their truck with me standing right there, ($12,000 dollar one I might add), it wasn't up the BUSINESS I bought it from to make sure I got my plotter replaced, they had done their job, they had shipped it with Insurance. My shop was shut down for 30 days and I had to buy another one to continue doing business, so then I was out another $12.000 while I got it replaced. Being in business I learned to ship EVERYTHING with insurance and I haven't had to fill out one for 40 yrs.

As for the CUSTOMER being happy, they will be a lot happier that Chopper had insurance, granted it might take THEM a little time but they will get their product or money, which with just confirmation it's a complete loss for chopper's business and all customers could suffer.

I learned what happens when you ASSUME something also.

Now this is funny:

Chopper how do you like business now? ....lol

Just my thought but I think he LOVES it....:mail:

I love what I do, I just trying to be fair to everyone. Sometimes it's hard. I have earned alot more grey hair tho. I went from salt and pepper hair. To
full blown Phil Donahu hair overnight. LOL. Vapordragon, (sent you a PM) if I was close I would come by and have a beer.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010

might just do that! aren't you the one 15 miles from the va border? too funny if it were roxboro!

and let me tell you - usps can be just as slow with small claims! not only that, first class, i believe, no claims are accepted until it's 30 days since shipping unless it's damage.
plenty of pitfalls no matter what you do and i don't miss keeping customers happy one bit.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
I love what I do, I just trying to be fair to everyone. Sometimes it's hard. I have earned alot more grey hair tho. I went from salt and pepper hair to full blown Phil Donahu hair overnight. LOL. Vapordragon, (sent you a PM) if I was close I would come by and have a beer.

haha! and you might lose that beautiful grey hair once i start shipping my atom back to you for wick replacement because i just can't get the hang of it! :lol:

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
TOO ALL: I appreciate everyone's input with whether or not to put insurance on shipments going out. I have decided that I am going to put insurance
on shipments to ease everyone's mind. So that way no one is out of anything. It's only $2 for up to $100 worth of insurance which to me is worth it
to ease everyone's mind. So there is no worries. Instead of the price for DEF CONS being $55 they will be $57, and for ATOMS, it will be $77, this will
cover shipping and insurance and of course with outside the U.S. it will be a little more, but I believe it will be worth it in the long run. If you have any
questions or concerns please feel free to PM. I am trying to treat everyone FAIR. I appreciate all of you for your patience and understanding. Thank
you and Have a great day. Chopper

Just wanted to add this:
"It is the Customers responsibility to track and file a claim if a package becomes lost or damaged".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread