Sattec's atty cleaning test thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

smckech1972

Verified Member
Jan 6, 2010
West Lawn, PA - USA
I use cheap 100 proof vodka for a 15-30 min soak, then a quick drip into some boiling water. Does the trick for both atty's and my cartomizers. The cartomizers then need to have the excess blown out and I let them air dry for a few hours. If they are wet and you put in your juice it won't vape or will vape poorly.

Always prime then.

I read this whole thread. (and man are my lips tired!) I am a newbie, and would like it if someone with experience could nutshell this thread for me.
Is 151 grain alcohol the best cleaning agent, and Crest the best if you are worried about having alcohol in your house? Sattec didn't test alcohol, right?
One post said they soaked an atty in alcohol after doing the Crest treatment, and got yet more gunk off.
The grain alcohol seems the best bet, as it does not need to be rinsed out to remove taste, and appears to hasten the drying time. (and I'm ALL about having alcohol in my house!)
Any thoughts?

cmdryker

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
St. Louis, Mo
www.crystalclearvaping.com
your welcome and congrats...so far, it seems good. I've extended the life of plenty of plugged up atty's.....but I have two right now that WILL NOT clean up....they are plugged up big time! I don't know what juice they were using but it plugged the atty big time!!!! They burn strong but the air flow is very tight...

Think I read in some forum people having excellent results with mini steamers on supper clogged atty's

sattec

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
mcallen texas
1. preclean atty-blow out the primer juice by blowing air thru the batt port
2. put two or three attys in a jar,laying on their side,add enough hot cph to cover them and agitate easy by swirling the solution around by hand.
3. soak for 15 minutes
4 save the cph for next time unless it turned green, if it turns green, throw it out, it did the job.
5. rinse the attys with tap water
6. dry, they must be dry before you start up, and you will need to re prime the atty by dripping some juice in
7. soak overnight in water to remove any mintyness...

other points brought out that I think are true.....
Any alcohol can damage glue used inside the atty
The re prime can be tricky
Most the info is for the 801 style atty
The "juice" is a big variable
This process cleans the mesh not the coil, and increases air flow
For some reason, not everybody gets a benefit from this
The attys were below grade anyway so any extended use is good.
The content of the juice is the factor, some juices don't respond to cph
This was probably the largest atty test ever conducted for public use
It was amazing to me as I watched the cph rise to be the winner, I was proud to "stumble" onto a "safe,non alc,non flamable" solution
If not for all the people that sent me their plugged up attys, it never would have happend

Ok,, allow me to add a tech's take on this... Club soda! May I suggest, I use it on all electronics that are dirty, or came in contact with salt water, etc., Club soda is the fix all for electronics and,, may I add, would be a fine rinse to get the Crest out of the atty.. It's non evasive and is great for any electronic parts that may be exposed to the elements. I soaked two cel phones in it after being dropped in salt water, dried for over a week,,, and worked fine afterward. Try it. It's also great for keyboards, and other stuff too. Just a thought. Please drop me a line if you dissagree.

hi sattec how do i get this minty taste out of my attys it couldnt be good to vape floride and what ever else is in the mouthwash probably wasnt meant for you lungs just wondering i followed your directions to a tee.:confused:

Trust me, if flouride isn't good for your lungs,,, they wouldn't be exposing it to your body in any form. Flouride is inert, and harmless, it's more likely in the tap water you drink. However, if it is flourine gas you are concerned about, that's a different animal and you are not exposed to. Nothing to worry about when it comes to this application. Flourine=very bad, Flouride=very good. If it is heat that is your concern, it would take and incredible amount of heat to break down a single flouride molecule to release any flourine atom. And,, you do not have any amount of that kind of heat, even burning down your house, to produce a single molecule of flourine gas from a bottle of Crest. So, I think your'e safe for this app. Just my take, anyone want to add to this???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread