Scare one year ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyG

Mar 25, 2011
glen ellyn, IL
I'd like to share what happened to my husband one year ago. But first let me preface by saying that at that time I had been vaping steadily. But he was smoking about 2 and 1/2 packs of cigarettes a day. He was coughing and chain smoking.

One day, we were outside in the snow and he coughed up blood . I'll never forget the sight of that. I scared him and me, of course. I immediately made a doctor's appointment for him. To make a long story short, his lungs were irritated and he had the beginnings of emphysema. It scared him so badly, that he quit cold turkey.

He claims that the only reason he was able to quit was because I wasn't smoking cigarettes. He thinks of my vaping as playing with play dough. Ha! At first I tried to get him on e-cigs, but he says they just make him want a real one. But that's okay. Whatever works for him.

J.R. Bob Dobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
near buffalo, NY
order some tobacco flavors similar to what he used to smoke. Order some fruity flavors you think he might like. Buy him an ego with a clearomizer and give it as a gift. Even if he tries it and does not like it you would have yourself some nice gear and more juice.
but if i understand you correctly, he quit cold turkey and stayed quit for a year now? that's pretty amazing.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
It would be nice to have a vaping partner, though:) If I didn't have my e-cigs, it would be straight back to smoking cigarettes for me. And I'm so grateful for this forum for helping me stay with vaping. I check in here daily and just reading about everyone else's experiences is fantastic!

I could not agree more with that statement. It's so true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread