Serpent RTA by WOTOFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dampfsucht

Feb 20, 2014
USA
Been following this thread. Just got my serpent going this week. 24ga A1 Kanthal 6 wraps spaced 3mm wicked with rayon. Got some leakage with AFC closed, while top filling full, after putting top cap back on. Before my last fill, removed base and stretched a 13mm x 11mm X 1mm o-ring onto the thread relief of base for AFC chamber to seal when closed. Had to be careful not to disturb the wicking, the o-ring was rather tight. Reassembled base and top fill worked great without any leaking from AFC after putting top cap back on. This is really an awesome tank now. Thanks for the tip, no dry hits to report.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
After a few days without leaking, mine started dripping juice everywhere this morning.

Went rummaging through atomizer spare parts' bags, found a small 8-10mmx1mm ish o-ring, stretched it onto the base. Back in business, no leak on fill, get a nice seal with juice flow closed now.

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
I noticed today that sometimes when closing the juice flow it catches on the wick and feels 'closed', but isn't. I am pretty sure now that was what was giving me some leaks when filling. I discovered this by closing it (I thought) and then opening it a few turns and trying again. Once it let go of the wick it spun to the closed position with no problems. This would explain why it was only leaking once in a while and not every time.

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
Sounds like they should just put an optional o-ring for the deck/juice flow control in with these.
I have not needed one, no leaks, but I am surprised how many seem to need it. At least it is an easy fix!
It has been the solution on both of mine. Haven't leaked a drop since I put them on. Now I have two more serpents coming and I was on a mission today to locate 2 more o rings. I tried ace hardware but no luck. They had the right diameter but too thick. So I hit up a couple of local B&M's and rummaged through their spare parts drawer and was able to come up with a couple that might work. They were off the top cap of an old kayfun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
It has been the solution on both of mine. Haven't leaked a drop since I put them on. Now I have two more serpents coming and I was on a mission today to locate 2 more o rings. I tried ace hardware but no luck. They had the right diameter but too thick. So I hit up a couple of local B&M's and rummaged through their spare parts drawer and was able to come up with a couple that might work. They were off the top cap of an old kayfun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kayfun 4 spare parts bag definitely has a 10mm x 1mm o-ring that works fine in it.

Reactions: Major911

Gabiano87

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2014
london uk
After much frustration I decided that my DNA 200 and Serpent simply don't want to cooperate. The serpent now sits, a bit wobbly, on my Evic vtc mini and is doing fine.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk
I was having reading problems with mine and giving me all sorts of trouble. I ended up tightening down the 510 till it could go no more but it didnt resolve the problem fully.

Anyway to round off my annoyance i dropped it while it was on the evic mini. It failed to read any coil then, just my luck :( Anyway it has been the first atty to ever break on me from dropping in 3 years and I have dropped them all many times without out even breaking a glass tank.

So since it was broke I could investigate what happened and it turns out that the 510 inner section with threads that catches the bottom pin had broken and was rattling inside the body. I tried to get in there but it is press fitted very well but I can see it well enough.

Now since I was having trouble from the beginning it feels like it was either badly fitted to begin with so was giving me crazy ohm readings, I tightened the 510 to much compromising the connection ( hope not as it was not crazy tight) or that it simply broke when dropped from a small height (lying in bed)

So I would guess at just a bad egg for mine and was already badly fitted but I need to be sure so I have ordered another one in silver this time just to be sure......and It was a damn fine vape for 1 tank full even if the ohms were way off.

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
I dont understand how this tanks behaves at all.

First 3 days there were no leaks, on the 4th day there was a huge juice oozing out of AFC when i filled it. Then, for 3/4 of tank, i was getting hot juice spitting on my tongue.

I always had JFC open when filling it and had no issues. Now every time i fill it, it leaks a little bit.

dpsbz

Jun 16, 2015
Hi love my serpent have a twisted 28g coil coming in at 0.5 running 3.9 watts and it's a very flavourful dense vape . Superb . Do get a tiny bit of leaking when I fill it not much but still annoying even so . What do you think would be the optimal o ring size to use with this please ? Also any wicking problems with the o ring being in the juice channels ?

Reactions: Jerry88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread