Status
Not open for further replies.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Just got my serpent from fasttech today, and thanks to this thread, got it built and running fast and easy, straight away added a extra oring to the base due to the reports of leaking.

Put a clapton on and was a lot easier than I expected, but knowing how to do it already was a huge plus, so far I have zero leaking, just laid the wicks on top of the deck, we will see if stays leak free when it comes to topping it up.

I am a MTL vapor, and with the airflow turned down, is working well for me, getting great flavor and decent vapor as far as you get with MTL.

I say the flavor is just as good, if not a little better than my hurricane's, and the serpent has top fill, unlike the hurricane, so extra points for the serpent so far.

Thanks for all sharing their tips on this thread, sure helped me out having a hassle free startup on the serpent :)

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 31, 2012
    New Mexico
    Glad it worked well for you Nailz! Both of mine are still in daily use. I have not had leaking issues so I do not have the extra o-ring on, but if I do in the future, I will know that is a possible solution. I run claptons on mine as well and find it gives great flavor and plenty of vapor with it half open on the AFC.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2014
    MD
    Glad it worked well for you Nailz! Both of mine are still in daily use. I have not had leaking issues so I do not have the extra o-ring on, but if I do in the future, I will know that is a possible solution. I run claptons on mine as well and find it gives great flavor and plenty of vapor with it half open on the AFC.
    I tried regular twisted coils, but I am back to using claptons, well 28/32g fused clapton atm in mine. Great vape, but tops out my DNA40 at 40W, and I feel like this build could easily handle 45-50, I may have to bust out the SX Mini.

KayP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 21, 2015
    Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
    I tried regular twisted coils, but I am back to using claptons, well 28/32g fused clapton atm in mine. Great vape, but tops out my DNA40 at 40W, and I feel like this build could easily handle 45-50, I may have to bust out the SX Mini.
    Bust out the SX Mini? Why oh why was it put away in the first place? [emoji13]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Flaskmaster

Oct 27, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Anyone have problems with the posts being drilled too deep and cutting your coil wires? I just got my Serpent yesterday and have never experienced a more efficient wire shearer. I had to purposely shear off wire repeatedly to fill up the hole enough to get it to where I could put a coil in it. Bad QC on later production runs maybe?

Major911

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 31, 2014
    Grand Island, FL, USA
    Anyone have problems with the posts being drilled too deep and cutting your coil wires? I just got my Serpent yesterday and have never experienced a more efficient wire shearer. I had to purposely shear off wire repeatedly to fill up the hole enough to get it to where I could put a coil in it. Bad QC on later production runs maybe?
    I think your right. One got past the QC. I've never had that problem with any of my serpents and I use 26g SS straight wire and I tend to torque the grub screws down pretty hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tmcase

Landman

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 10, 2015
    Central AR
    Yep, on both of mine I had to use it's built in wire cutting ability and fill the holes with severed wire bits to give it a floor. If it was 26 ga it would do it most of the time, but anything smaller was almost guaranteed to be cut. 25 ga and larger never had a problem.

petemoss

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 16, 2013
    Queens, NY
    Rewicked my serpent and this time I remembered to take pics of the restricted air hole under the coil. I liked mrjohs idea of using a short section of PTFE tubing to reduce the air opening from 5mm to 3mm. It definitely helped to tighten up the draw and thicken the vapor.

fishwater

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 22, 2015
    New Hampshire
    I hate to say this but my black Serpent has developed a problem. There's some rocking internally causing it to jump out of TC mode. I first noticed it on my RX200 & thought there was a problem with my 510. Swapped it to my DNA 200 & it's the Atty nott the 510. Too bad because it works awesome in power mode, just unstable in TC. I may contact Wotofo for a replacement since I love it so much.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2014
    MD
    Haven't had that issue yet, but haven't really used any thin wires on it either, mostly just claptons, or the thinnest I've gone is 24g SS316. I could definitely see it cutting some 26, or 28g, and nickel, hah, I pity the person that tries to capture nickel leads with those posts.

Suwat666

Jun 23, 2015
    Well I'm a beliver. The vapor and flavor on this thing at 30w is just beautiful!
    94df3a947d06e3f56a98c292664f2f31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread